• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Cerakote MORE PICS ADDED

cubebike

Enlightened
As per PM, I am going to send 2 SF 6P or 1 6P + Malkoff MD2!
Do you offer Covette Yellow ? I might go for safety orange or the covette yellow or Zombie Green ?

cubebike

Enlightened
Paypal sent
Payment for the following
1. Safety Orange - Complete SF 6P =$45
2.School-bus Yellow- Complete SF 6P =$45
International return shipping =$17
Total =$107
I shipped via registered mail.

Thanks

Last edited:

benthiccracker

Enlightened
Hurry hurry hurry for a mini run! Have a few already at the Coater and two more in transit, if you want in still send your parts now! Safety Orange and Schoolbus Yellow are ordered so if you really want a "hot" color the time is now. Of course burnt bronze, SOCOM blue, Zombie Green, Graphite Black, and other colors are available also.

Last edited:

Kevin1322

Flashlight Enthusiast
Paypal sent for:

Parts included and cost – Solarforce L2 = $45, bezel and clip = $15, priority shipping with notification = $5.80. Total $65.80.
Parts/color: - bezel ring, head, body, and tailcap = hidden white
- belt clip = graphite black
Expected delivery date - 03/28/2013
#9505 5105 5350 3084 6094 96

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Apologies if this has been asked previously, but how do you handle trit slots? I have a C2 with Cryos M2 bezel and triad tail cap I'm considering have coated, however the body has 4 long slots milled for tritium (one on each edge of the flat section). I have not installed the trits yet but I am concerned it can't be properly coated because any cerakote inside the slots may make them too small for the trits to fit, and taping them may result in poor edging that is visible when cleaned up.

Any ideas? Maybe the coater can tape them up, spray it with normal coat, and then remove the coat and give the slots themselves a very thin coat? I can provide pics if needed.

I do have a Coater about 5mins from me, but I was not happy with the work he did on a cheap host so I'm not willing to risk my expensive SureFire!

Thanks,

- Matt

xevious

Flashlight Enthusiast
^ They're too small to be able to mask, but I think the Cerakote will add only a minimal amount of layering. You could always scrape off some of the coating with a small knife if you need to, but I doubt it will make enough of a difference. It's not as thick as Gun-kote or whatever that thicker stuff is I see some people using.

But if you're concerned enough, you might be able to just fill them with heat resistant epoxy and then remove it afterward.

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, well thinking a bit about what you said xevious I do have a dremmel with more than a few attachments that would easily clean out the slots.

When I get the cash I'll be send my stuff. I don't think I'll make this current run.

- Matt

cubebike

Enlightened
Hi! Please let me know when you received my hosts. I checked the status and it arrives NY! Looking forward to see the Orange and Yellow hosts

benthiccracker

Enlightened
OK, well thinking a bit about what you said xevious I do have a dremmel with more than a few attachments that would easily clean out the slots.

When I get the cash I'll be send my stuff. I don't think I'll make this current run.

- Matt
Yeah it would be simple to clean the slots out but I doubt you would need to the Cerakote goes over small threads sometimes and it still lets the threads function smoothly. I think that if you have the host coated with the trit slots coated the trits would still fit no problem. Only if they didn't would you need to remove the coating with a dremel.

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah it would be simple to clean the slots out but I doubt you would need to the Cerakote goes over small threads sometimes and it still lets the threads function smoothly. I think that if you have the host coated with the trit slots coated the trits would still fit no problem. Only if they didn't would you need to remove the coating with a dremel.

Excellent. You'll be hearing from me next pay :)

benthiccracker

Enlightened
Update: Coater has several host/parts including stuff for me :) I have received several hosts/parts this last week. I am waiting for 2 more and some tools for bezel removal and then that batch will be off to the Coater. I am hoping by then we will have the 1st batch ready for us.