Cerakote pics thread? All lights, brands, and shops... lets see them!

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine?

It's called "hidden white" and is a matte finish.

Thanks - I have done a lot of powder coating and I want to try cerakote. They have 2 white colors, bright white and hidden white. Powder Coat is great, but it is thick and tends to fill in the knurling on the bodies. Cerakote is thinner and is supposed to be more durable ( and expensive )

I ordered samples from NIC industries of the 2 whites, plus 3 other colors.

white powder coat

white1.jpg

luxlunatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
56110561.jpg

My growing Kote-lection.
Z2 with Triad tail and black crell bezel ring.
Mac's TRI EDC.

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here are mine. Not seen is the white 6P that was left then stolen. Will update when my GITD C2 comes in.

WhiteLightningTrio04.jpg

WhiteLightningTrio03.jpg

Wilkey

luxlunatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here are mine. Not seen is the white 6P that was left then stolen. Will update when my GITD C2 comes in.

Great collection of whites! Sorry about your lost 6P, at least you scored a GITD C2, congrats! Thats the one I was waiting on but they sold out before I received notification from the "Insider". Hopefully they will do another run of C2's but in the meantime, I am having a very difficult time not ordering one of the remaining 6P's or the the last Z2 in stock of the GITD flavor!!
Please post up when you receive your C2!

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great collection of whites! Sorry about your lost 6P, at least you scored a GITD C2, congrats! Thats the one I was waiting on but they sold out before I received notification from the "Insider". Hopefully they will do another run of C2's but in the meantime, I am having a very difficult time not ordering one of the remaining 6P's or the the last Z2 in stock of the GITD flavor!!
Please post up when you receive your C2!
Yeah, it was a stroke of luck that I just happened to visit the page. There was only 1 in stock and I just didn't hesitate. I posted night pics of the new GITD C2 in the C2-HA lover thread in General. I'll update here with all four lights in a row. :) "Kote-lection" I dig it and the the Stormtrooper look...definitely growing on me.
Cheers!
Wilkey

BTW, what sort of table or shooting tent are you using to get those fab images? Bit classier than the rug in my home office. :D

luxlunatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, it was a stroke of luck that I just happened to visit the page. There was only 1 in stock and I just didn't hesitate. I posted night pics of the new GITD C2 in the C2-HA lover thread in General. I'll update here with all four lights in a row. :) "Kote-lection" I dig it and the the Stormtrooper look...definitely growing on me.
Cheers!
Wilkey

BTW, what sort of table or shooting tent are you using to get those fab images? Bit classier than the rug in my home office. :D

I ended up breaking down and ordering the last GITD Z2 in stock, resistance was futile, so I will have some more pics to share soon!

Thanks for the props on my pics! I do a primitive setup on my work bench in my garage. I use the back side of a poster that I curl up 90* to acheive the white background and utilize two seperate flourescent lights to fill in the shadows. Oh, and snap pics with a Canon PowerShot A610. Rated at only 5 mega pixels, it my be time for a new camera! Very rudimentary but if you take enough shots, you are bound to get a decent one. I have about a 15:1 shot ratio, for every 15 pics, I get about 1 keeper! If I remember, when I next have it setup, I'll take a shot of my "setup"!

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the props on my pics! I do a primitive setup on my work bench in my garage. I use the back side of a poster that I curl up 90* to acheive the white background and utilize two seperate flourescent lights to fill in the shadows. Oh, and snap pics with a Canon PowerShot A610. Rated at only 5 mega pixels, it my be time for a new camera! Very rudimentary but if you take enough shots, you are bound to get a decent one. I have about a 15:1 shot ratio, for every 15 pics, I get about 1 keeper! If I remember, when I next have it setup, I'll take a shot of my "setup"!
Wow. Very impressive, sir. Your technique is punching well above its weight in terms of the results. And the results speak for themselves. If I may be sol bold, it's not the number of shots, but the set up. Nicely done.

Wilkey

luxlunatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, that EDC does look good in that shot, and thanks for reminding me of this thread. I forgot to post a pic of my GITD Z2 after I got it. Here ya go!
Z2s1.jpg

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a question on these Cerakoted lights. Does the cerakote cover the entire outside of the light, including the threaded areas? I did a bunch of powder coated lights. I would cover up to the that part where the 'O' ring is, leaving the threaded areas with the original anodize.

That GITD light is fantastic looking....

grayhighh

Enlightened
Thanks, that EDC does look good in that shot, and thanks for reminding me of this thread. I forgot to post a pic of my GITD Z2 after I got it. Here ya go!
Z2s1.jpg
Now you won't loose your light at night,hahah.:naughty:

houtex

Enlightened
Those all look very nice. Thanks for posting. I think I like the PINK one the best. (can't believe I admitted that)