Charger/ electronic question

borgqueenx

Newly Enlightened
The manual of the vanson speedy box battery charger says it charges 9000mah d cells?
So what happens if i put in 10000mah d cells in these?

Thanks...

Mr Happy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nothing special happens. But the Vanson Tardy Box is a very slow charger. Charging 9000 mAh or 10,000 mAh cells will take a really long time.

borgqueenx

Newly Enlightened
It charges fast enough...but from what i read from your post is that it should charge 10000mah fine? Im worried that it only charges 10000mah cells to 9000....

Stephen Wallace

Enlightened
It should charge the 10Ah cells to full charge, assuming that the charger doesn't have some built in timer that prevents the charge running full term to termination. It would just take longer. Unfortunately, I do not know if there is a safety timer built in to this charger. It may just be that at the time this charger was designed, batteries with this high a capacity just weren't common, and so were not mentioned.

borgqueenx

Newly Enlightened
It should charge the 10Ah cells to full charge, assuming that the charger doesn't have some built in timer that prevents the charge running full term to termination. It would just take longer. Unfortunately, I do not know if there is a safety timer built in to this charger. It may just be that at the time this charger was designed, batteries with this high a capacity just weren't common, and so were not mentioned.
But this means i should be able to reinsert them if to fool the timer?