charger that fits Panasonic NCR18650B Batteries???

Gravediggaz

Newly Enlightened
hey guys

I bought Panasonic NCR18650 Batteries and today I just got XTAR WP2 II charger and the Panasonic batteries do not fit the charger!

anybody know a good charger that will fit the batteries?

thanks

Grmnracing

Newly Enlightened
hey guys

I bought Panasonic NCR18650 Batteries and today I just got XTAR WP2 II charger and the Panasonic batteries do not fit the charger!

thanks

Which 18650's did you buy. I just bought one from Orbtronic. The NCR18650B 3400mah. I planned on using it in my Xtar wp2.

Steven

hiuintahs

Flashlight Enthusiast
hey guys

thanks

What is it about the batteries that doesn't fit?........length? Doesn't that charger have a spring loaded terminal at one end and so I wouldn't think you'd have a problem with either protected or non-protected batteries.

Now I've had a problem with using off the shelf battery sockets that are a fixed spacing and tight with protection circuits..........or using the Keystone battery clips where you position them for a protection battery and then find you have a gap with non-protection batteries..............but from what I've seen with the XTAR, it has a spring loaded terminal that would fit any 18650 battery. Now I don't have an XTAR but just what I've seen from the pictures.

Grmnracing

Newly Enlightened
I'm waiting on my 3400mah Panasonic cells to come. Looking at the specs they do seem slightly longer than some other 18650's. if they don't fit I will use jumper wires soldered to small magnets and attach them to the cell. Or jump the leads on the charger to a piece of wood with screws or metal posts and make my own battery holder.

Capacity (Ah): 3.4 Ah (3400mAh)
Energy (Wh): 12.2 Wh
Energy Density (Wh/L): 730 Wh/L
Nominal Voltage (V): 3.6V - 3.7V
Charging Voltage (V): 4.2 V
Weight (g): 46 g
DIAMETER (mm): 18.6 mm (+/- 0.03),,
Height (mm): 68.9 mm (+/- 0.03)
Max. Discharge rate: 2C (6.8A)
Pulse current (5-6 sec.): 12A
Chemical Composition: Li-ion (Lithium-Ion)
Cell model: Panasonic NCR18650B

Looks like charger is large enough to accommodate larger cells. I will see in 2 more days when the 18650s arrive.

Xtar WP2 ii specs.

Charges any lithium cell that can fit, in the battery bay, 50 to 70mm length, and shorter cells with spacers (were not included in sample)
16340, 14500, 14650, 17670, 18500, 18650, 18700
Charge rate selectable at 500 or 1000mA max current
12V input
Usb type A socket output up to 500mA (powered by battery bay 1)

However this spec listing says the charger can't handle over 68mm cells.

The XTAR WP2 II charger is a dual bay rechargeable lithium battery charger released by XTAR in mid 2011. It offers 2 independent charging bays which can take cells 50-68mm in length, and cells shorter than that with suitable spacers. This means cells from 14500s, up to practically all protected 18650s will fit. The XTAR 18700s (68mm long) are also accepted in this charger.

Last edited:

space-cowboy

Newly Enlightened
Just remove (unscrew) 2 spacers (small plastic wheels) from the positive terminals of the WP2.

WP2 is fully compatible with 18650 protected.

Orbtronic is selling them as a kit on Amazon. 1000s sold w/o any length issue.

Last edited:

Gravediggaz

Newly Enlightened
What is it about the batteries that doesn't fit?........length? Doesn't that charger have a spring loaded terminal at one end and so I wouldn't think you'd have a problem with either protected or non-protected batteries.

Now I've had a problem with using off the shelf battery sockets that are a fixed spacing and tight with protection circuits..........or using the Keystone battery clips where you position them for a protection battery and then find you have a gap with non-protection batteries..............but from what I've seen with the XTAR, it has a spring loaded terminal that would fit any 18650 battery. Now I don't have an XTAR but just what I've seen from the pictures.

yup its the length....I bought these batteries http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/...onic-ncr18650b-protected-rechargeable-3400mah

it does have a spring loaded terminal but it doesn't fit its too long....sucks because I bought the xtar wp2 II finally got it and it doesn't fit!

probably get nitecore I2 its at a good price

Gravediggaz

Newly Enlightened
Just remove (unscrew) 2 spacers (small plastic wheels) from the positive terminals of the WP2.

WP2 is fully compatible with 18650 protected.

Orbtronic is selling them as a kit on Amazon. 1000s sold w/o any length issue.

ahhh THANK YOU! i did just that I unscrew it and fits perfect now! thanks so much! I was gonna buy another charger!