• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Cheers to Illumination Gear / Tod

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've previously stated that IG is the best flashlight supplier / distributor I've ever worked with in my life, and always goes 'above and beyond. Nothing has changed.

A month or so back I e-mailed them inquiring about whether or not they could order a couple each of 2 different small ET parts to sell me. Nothing too expensive, but not an O-ring / washer / screw or the like either. It was not a 'warranty' request. Within hours I received a reply indicating he'd ship out the stuff I'd asked about, with a link to pay a single-digit USPS postage. There was no charge for the parts. When I received the package a couple of days later, it contained not only the 4 parts I'd asked about, but 4 more items he thought should be included with them, but which I had not even mentioned in my request.

Last night I sent an e-mail to Tod asking about a different variant of a light he sells (a different LED), but does not have, and I don't think he's offered in the past. I asked if he anticipated the offering of such in the near future, or if I'd have to go with a different model, but one which isn't exactly what I wanted. This morning I received a reply indicating that the specific item I was asking about (which I didn't know for sure existed) has been added to his next order of supplies, and also the timeframe in which he expects to receive it.

There's nothing more I can say. IG is a very rare animal in 2024. On the endangered list, but obviously not yet extinct.

ScottsoSmith

Newly Enlightened
My recent experiences with Tod have been spectacular as well!! He offers a wide range of emitters, and carefully helped me pick an emitter for a D3C. I love it, and just ordered a D3A with the same emitter.

Tod's customer service is first class!!

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
My recent experiences with Tod have been spectacular as well!! He offers a wide range of emitters, and carefully helped me pick an emitter for a D3C. I love it, and just ordered a D3A with the same emitter.

Tod's customer service is first class!!
It just doesn't get any better. He's a pro. He knows how it should be done, and does it - consistently.

Guitar Guy

Enlightened
Hi Scott, may I ask, which emitter did you decide on, and what were your parameters in choosing?

I'm getting ready to order a D3C or a D3A, or both.

ScottsoSmith

Newly Enlightened
Hi Scott, may I ask, which emitter did you decide on, and what were your parameters in choosing?

I'm getting ready to order a D3C or a D3A, or both.
I chose the Luminus sst20 R9 CRI 95 4000K. For EDC lights I prefer neutral tint and high CRI over high lumens.

Before I chose, I asked Tod for his advice. A piece of his response follows:

our LED choices with D3C, and with our lights in general will be:
max Lumens in CW and NW options
max LUX in CW and NW options
max CRI (Color Rendering Index), usually NW.

basically we try to offer/hit all beam choices a customer wants.

so we are "on same page", have a look over my FAQ ~ http://www.eagtacusa.com/faq.html

Guitar Guy

Enlightened
I've previously stated that IG is the best flashlight supplier / distributor I've ever worked with in my life, and always goes 'above and beyond. Nothing has changed.
Agreed. Thanks for hooking me up with Tod. He was very helpful in answering my questions about tints, CRI, emitter choices, etc. Also, his explanations on his FAQ pages are very informative and helpful, in general.