Flashlight Enthusiast
AFAIK 9Z is a long-discontinued product
I wonder how do you keep it in such a good condition all over the years
Even it is Type II Anod, theres only a tiny chip on the thinner grip position
Ive dug out my XPG Module and put it in with 3 RCR, works better than in G2
This one is a baby!!

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, I have nothing that will drive a LED at 3 amps. I'm assuming RCR123's can't even handle that can they? Will this drive level require multiple cells? I've seen a bunch of 18650 light with XM-L, but not sure how hard they are being driven. Can a single 18650 provide that much power? For how long?

BTW, I was confused a little earlier, so if some stuff I said didn't make sense, just ignore it. Someone told me the new LEDs (XP-G and XM-L) was much bigger. I assumed they meant the whole emitter package, but what they should of said was the die was much bigger. Also when you say drop-in, my mind is wandering to stuff like the P60 drop-ins. :p But now I get it, XM-L's CAN be a direct replacement for Lux3s! Got it! Thanks!!! I'll just frost or stipple optics/reflectors as needed. :p

Bad idea to go with the RCRs. Good quality 18650's are safe, in fact we ROP drivers used to push them to 2C for 2200mAH cells back in the day which was pretty cutting edge: 4.4 amps! At that rate, half an hour. At 3A, 45 minutes.

The XM-L has a significantly bigger die, you MIGHT need to ream out the reflector just a little depending on the size of the opening.

And glad that we've wrapped up this year's giveaway nicely :)

varmint

Enlightened
I got another of my gifts today, perfect timing too. The quality of workmanship in the neck lanyards is A+++++, It will get its 1st use tonight, in the rain it looks like! The Derrelight is awesome, I recieved a 750 lumen pill today for it as a special surprise, it is very bright, I can't wait until tonight feeding livestock with it to compare it with my TN11. I am very pleased with all, just a good feeling. I will post some pics later tonight. The Derrelight intrigues me as I rarely see one mentioned especially as nice of light as it is. It seems to be very bright to say the least.
Thanks again to all. I am thrilled!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

REDAT9-AP1

Newly Enlightened
I got mine in the mail 2day... #18.
6277e17f-b976-c279.jpg

6277e17f-b988-56fd.jpg

6277e17f-b99a-4b9a.jpg

On small table about 2 feet from window blinds. :D

Thanks to all the wonderful peeps who made this great event possible...

Update: I've had it for a few days now and am impressed with it's output ... great combo of flood and throw... it's now my new EDC and bike Headlight... thanks again Medieval!! :D :thumbup:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I got another of my gifts today, perfect timing too. The quality of workmanship in the neck lanyards is A+++++, It will get its 1st use tonight, in the rain it looks like! The Derrelight is awesome, I recieved a 750 lumen pill today for it as a special surprise, it is very bright, I can't wait until tonight feeding livestock with it to compare it with my TN11. I am very pleased with all, just a good feeling. I will post some pics later tonight. The Derrelight intrigues me as I rarely see one mentioned especially as nice of light as it is. It seems to be very bright to say the least.
Thanks again to all. I am thrilled!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dereelight is one of those brands that when it first arrives is known as "Flavor of the month."

CPFers simply devour the flavor of the month, then move on. Once in a rare while, a brand will win over many of us and continue to be popular. Usually though, it won't. Often times being forgotten or ignored by many of us here on CPF. Then you get a brand that develops a small but loyal following. That's Dereelight. My CL1H V4 is the most comfortable 2xCR123 light I've ever held in my hand. It's one of the few non-SureFire CR123 based lights that I'd hold onto if it ever came to the point where I'd have to sell off my collection for money.

H-Man

Enlightened
I still like solar force. It seems to be a price low enough that my airsofting freinds can afford it, but well enough built to last the test of time. (I don't have an airsoft gun, TBH I have shot more real rounds then airsoft pellets)

dealgrabber2002

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got the SC31w generously donated by Scout24 today. The light is practically brand new, no scratches at all. I was expecting a user. The tint is awesome! I finally know what the hype is about regarding the low low sub 1 lumen mode a.k.a moon mode. Thanks scout24!

Now, the bad part...

The post office mis-sent the Kershaw Zing generously donated by xian13. What a bummer! It should arrive shortly. Well, at least that's what usps.com said.

A big THANK YOU to everyone that donated and those who helped organized this event/thread.

Last edited:

REDAT9-AP1

Newly Enlightened
So... I got home from work 1hr. ago and saw a package for me... It was my second light #9. Fenix P3D Q5... woo-hooo! generously donated by Monocrom... I never thought a small light like this could put out so much light, it's awesome and the different modes are so useful... thank you Monocrom... :thumbsup: i took some pics but i'm having trouble uploading them... i'm using tapalk on my phone to do it but it's telling me to try again later... sorry...

Big thank you to all the peeps who made this great event possible...

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Don't worry about the pics. I'm just glad you're enjoying it and its 6 different modes.

raynstacy

Newly Enlightened
got these 2 packages today, These are really wonderful little lights. Thanks to Scout24,notrefined and everyone here who made this possible. Merry Christmas!
11. Peak Logan QTC, power level 4, 99%+ condition, generously donated by Scout24
32. Peak Lego Fun #1: 2 brass pocket bodies, a brass 3-LED head and a stainless Eiger XP-G #8 head, generously donated by notrefined

neal71

Newly Enlightened
I have managed to find a use for the 6p every night so far and now I know why everyone talks about surefire. The drop-in although very bright, is extremely practical since it is all flood. Thanks again kelmo for everything.

Merry Christmas everyone!

tyrantrave

Newly Enlightened
My torch arrived today! It's absolutely gorgeous.

03lRz.png

Thanks etheralshade and all of CPF for this great event! Merry Christmas!

H-Man

Enlightened
I figured out how I'll use the 10280 lug body. I found some 100 mah 6 volt nimh battery packs made up of 1/3 aaa cells that were rated for at least 12C. 2 of those in a 10280 lug body should get me 150 lumens. I don't fell comfortable having an unprotected li-ion cell on my key chain yet, pocket maybe, but key chain no.

eternity

Newly Enlightened
The Surefire E2E Ha gray, generously donated by medieval, has arrived! :party:

I think it was brand new too! It was still in package with tape on it. :) Very nice feel and you can just tell it is solidly constructed. This is my first Surefire so it was nice to see just how well made these lights are. And as a bonus, medieval also threw in a led head. It's pretty nice with a spot like beam. Now somebody point me at a list of led heads for Surefire E2E's so I can figure out which one this is. :D

Thank you again medieval, and Merry Christmas everybody!

jh333233

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Surefire E2E Ha gray, generously donated by medieval, has arrived! :party:

I think it was brand new too! It was still in package with tape on it. :) Very nice feel and you can just tell it is solidly constructed. This is my first Surefire so it was nice to see just how well made these lights are. And as a bonus, medieval also threw in a led head. It's pretty nice with a spot like beam. Now somebody point me at a list of led heads for Surefire E2E's so I can figure out which one this is. :D

Thank you again medieval, and Merry Christmas everybody!

Might disappoint you but it would be very limited if you wont change the bezel
1. Surefire's factory led are hell expensive
2. Only a few "real drop in" is available

The final chance is either mod your own or change the bezel to a 3rd party one

ico

Enlightened
@jh
The LED head was included in eternity's gift already.

@ eternity
You can search surefire's website to compare what LED you might have received

Last edited:

Nomad

Enlightened
The Thrunite arrived and was greeted by a very grateful 14 year old A-student. :) She has never had what most of us would consider a "real" flashlight, and this keychain light blows away a 2D dollar-store special that's for sure! Thanks very much for the Thrunite AAA light Scout & Csshih!
I still haven't received the one for myself, tracking says it's in Springfield, MA. I'm excited that it's FINALLY showing on the post office tracking site though! LOL :)