Class1: 3x5W Army Light

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Re: 3x5W M6-Buster

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
would be a nice candidate for this contest going on .. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
bernhard

P.S.: a light like the original you gutted for this mod started my flashaholism when I was a child ... red and green sliders ... strange battery ... ah, nostalgy! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

kongfuchicken

Flashlight Enthusiast

Niiice!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif
The fan thing reminds me of my days tweaking computers frequency clocks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I still have dozens of used cpu fans under my bed...

mobile1

Flashlight Enthusiast

yes I have an other one of those light and I am thinking about doing a mod while leaving the red, green, blue sliders. Problem then is to make the TriFraen fit...

kongfuchicken, well maybe one of those fans would look cool in a flashlight... In my next mod (keychain) I am looking into using a small RAM-Heatsink...

PeLu

Flashlight Enthusiast

A very similar torch/flashlight was one of my first mods back in the 60ies or 70ies .-)

mobile1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: 3x5W (w-bin)

I changed the setup so that the fan is now running on 10V which takes the temperature down to a still pretty warm but reasonable level - of course this will reduce runtime.

The Problem I have now is that after having seen the light which this 450+ lumens beast puts on the wall, there is somehow no temptation anymore to do a mod (of this size or larger) that cranks out less light.