• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

CLOSED 2018 Yuji 3200K high cri 5mm LED group buy

iamlucky13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: 2018 Yuji 5mm LED group buy OPEN

Many thanks for doing this. I almost did myself a few weeks ago, but chickened out. I will try to spread the word to help you recoup your cost.

I'm in, but I need a day or two to decide how many. Are you offering a quantity discount?

Updating my post: Looks like the interest is pretty strong, so I'll limit myself to 25.

scout24

Flashaholic

List has been updated, I should have these in hand the middle of this coming week, give or take a day. Once I have them, I'll PM in list order to see who needs what, and start getting them out.

Last edited:

ma tumba

Flashlight Enthusiast

ma tumba, I see you have both, you really want even MORE spread than the 45 degree? I've kind of wished Yuji would do something like a 30-35 degree, with a little bit of throw to it. Would still be way less throw than a Nichia 5 mm.

In my view 5600K and 3200K serve very different purposes.

The warm ones are strictly for night time/dark place torches. There they do very well for up to yards, where their dim illumination pairs greatly with their tint. And yes, I would rather go for 30 deg in this tint.

The perfect tint of the 5600K is for close up stuff as it requires good enough brightness to look natural. I would not bother using a flashlight with a single 5600K LED to illuminate things from more than 5 inches and triple LED light (eg an A2) from more than 10 inches. And in this scenario, I find it more convenient to keep the light just a few inches from the target. And at this distance a broader beam works better.

Also I presume, although this should be measured, that a 60deg LED produces more lumens than a 45deg LED just because the emitter sits closer to the lens.

Last edited:

Esko

Enlightened

I am interested in 25 or 50 leds, too. Need to know the international postage to EU though.

I have been thinking about placing an order myself, too. My main interest would be in their E27 led bulbs; IF I end up ordering their products, 5mm 5600K would be considered, too.

spaceminions

Newly Enlightened

I'd like 25 for $7, and would probably go for some of the 5600k kind too.

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast

As long as the can is open, and worms everywhere:

I see that Don is using the 5600K 60 degree in his Sapphire. But it sounds like he has not tried the 45 degree, and was concerned about it being as smooth. They are like an even wall of light already with no throw, no worries there. ma tumba, I see you have both, you really want even MORE spread than the 45 degree? I've kind of wished Yuji would do something like a 30-35 degree, with a little bit of throw to it. Would still be way less throw than a Nichia 5 mm.

In full disclosure, I have not used a 60 degree myself, but I think for flashlights, I would stick to the 45 degree.

Yes, 45 degrees or smaller - 60 is spreading it thin

Not sure if scout would consider this OT here, or not ... but I'd be in for another couple of packets at 5600K too ;)

Definitely in

Hondo

Flashlight Enthusiast

I would not bother using a flashlight with a single 5600K LED to illuminate things from more than 5 inches and triple LED light (eg an A2) from more than 10 inches. And in this scenario, I find it more convenient to keep the light just a few inches from the target. And at this distance a broader beam works better.

Aah, wow, you have some very specialized applications for your lights! I use either tint for general household navigating, and am generally aware of the limits of their ability to throw.

scout24

Flashaholic

Hi folks! I'm home from an unexpectedly long trip to Florida, and have the emitters. I'll send PM's to the first 10 people on the list, and work from there in descending order. I'll try to get these out as quickly as possible this week. Thanks for your patience. Some eye candy... And DimLite- I'll keep you posted.

dyuq9s.jpg

archimedes

Flashaholic

Hi folks! I'm home from an unexpectedly long trip to Florida, and have the emitters. I'll send PM's to the first 10 people on the list, and work from there in descending order....

Paid (for 25) ... thanks !

archimedes

Flashaholic

Just did a little research on the specs from the photo ... I think you got a very nice bin of emitters :)

The Yuji 3200K are partitioned into four Vf bins, and four tint bins.

The sticker indicates the 2nd lowest Vf bin available, and the warmest tint bin.

That F5-1 tint bin appears to be ~ near the Cree 7B and (relatively) cooler half of 7C bins, above the Planckian locus (roughly 7B2 + 7B3 + 7C2)

Last edited:

nightshade

Enlightened

PP sent for 25, many thanks for doing this! Also, from the Photon Freedom thread, congratulations Grandpa!! :party:

scout24

Flashaholic

Only heard back from five people so far, four went in the mail this afternoon. Raymond- I need a shipping address, sir. I appreciate the F&F payment, but I don't get the address... :)

PLEASE send G&S so I have your shipping address going forward. Thanks!

iamlucky13

Flashlight Enthusiast

Paypal sent for 25.

G&S (Goods and Services) and F&F (Friends and Family) are new terms to me I had to Google since I've previously only used my Paypal account when a seller initiated a request.

Paypal didn't show an option to select between G&S or F&F. I just entered the amount and was given a comment field that I entered my username, shipping address, and quantity in.

Miscellaneous note in case it helps anybody - sending money via a linked credit or debit card will result in a service charge (minimum $0.50, I think). Funding it by having a checking account linked to your Paypal account is supposedly free.