• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Closed: LionCub/LionHeart 168A Body Offe

diggdug13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: LionCub/LionHeart 168A Body Offer

those look great can't wait to get em

doug

mrdee3

Newly Enlightened

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/paypal.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/paypal.gif Man i hope there is extras
Thanks

Otokoyama

Enlightened

The bodies are completely machined and ready to be anodized. They look quite good as the pictures attest, but I wanted to see if it's possible to get an even better finish on the metal, taking out the minor tool marks and making the knurling slightly less aggressive and pocket friendly. So, a top notch metal finishing company has four bodies and is literally experimenting with ways to get a great finish.

While this mainly helps those with bare brass and aluminum, I plan on having all the bodies treated with whatever process the company determines provides the best finish, then proceed with the anodizing.

I've shown a sample 'Cub to a highly recommended anodizer (next step), and he's confident that he can duplicate the unusually dark finish of the 'Cub.

With the above activity, I believe the ship date will slip to the last full week of August, probably around the 22nd.

diggdug13

Flashlight Enthusiast

Oto,
I can live with delays of the bodies only because I know you are the true perfectionist whom only accepts the very best from the very best.

thank you for being a perfectionist for us

doug

bindibadgi

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey Otok, are there any extra 150A tubes that I could still buy? I'm after HA Nat and/or bare Al.

Cheers

daloosh

Flashaholic*,

Yo bindi, these are only 168 bodies for the Lioncub/Lionheart, no 150s.
daloosh

bindibadgi

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yeah, but the 150A thread was closed to be amalgamated with this one, or at least that's what I thought.

Could be wrong tho.

diggdug13

Flashlight Enthusiast

bindi,

yes according to Oto the 150 tube thread was amalgamated with this one.

doug

Otokoyama

Enlightened

I'm reporting any status updates in this 168A thread. ?@

I may have extras, but won't know until current orders are shipped out.

bindibadgi

Flashlight Enthusiast

In that case, could I pay the deposit and wait to see, or should I wait until they have shipped when you will know for sure?

Otokoyama

Enlightened

I understand the desire to get these asap, but most people who got bare brass and/or aluminum also got anodized. If I shipped the bares separately, it would not only take nearly twice as much time to package, label, ship, and account, but the packing material and postage would also cost nearly twice as much. So, I'm sorry, but I'm planning on shipping everything at the same time.

I lost about two weeks due to being abroad, but am back now.

Last Thursday when I got back to the finishing place that I had left some bodies with, they declined to do the processing as it required individual hand work they don't do. I found a hand work place, and the sample work looked good, but left buffing compound in the knurling, which would obviously be bad for anodizing. It should take another couple of days to determine how to best finish these, and the anodizer is already standing by.

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sounds fine to me. Stuff happens, but I know they'll be worth it.

Thanks for your efforts, Otokoyama!

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast

Bump.
What is going on with theese?
Ship Date?
Thanks
Yaesumofo

[ QUOTE ]
yaesumofo said:
PPsent /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/paypal.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/paypal.gif

one brass
one bare aluminum
one nat HA3
Thanks
Yaesumofo

[/ QUOTE ]

Otokoyama

Enlightened

That buffing compound was tough to remove. I had tried detergent with toothbrush, degreasers, brake cleaners, and then high pressure water, but nothing worked.

I researched ways to clean out the buffing compound, and the best way seemed to be ultrasonic cleaning. I found a place virtually down the street from me strangely enough called "Ultrasonic Cleaning" that does such cleaning for aerospace companies. I gave them one badly "congested" (i.e., buffing compound pounded into the knurling) body of each type (brass and aluminum), and this morning found them to be completely without traces of buffing compound. So, I of course turned over all bodies for cleaning.

Unfortunately I got a 1 1/2 week estimate, but they shouldn't have any trace of buffing compound, which is especially important with the anodized bodies. As a consequence, it now doesn't look like I'll get these shipped by Labor Day, but the work is progressing.