• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Closed: LionCub/LionHeart 168A Body Offe

ChocolateLab33

Flashlight Enthusiast
Otokoyama,

Please clear your messages, I am trying to PM you. I need my LC body to be shipped to another address.

thanks.gif

Otokoyama

Enlightened
Status Update 9/3/2005: I received the 150A/168A bodies back from ultrasonic cleaning yesterday. The last step before shipping is anodizing most of the aluminum bodies, which I'll start on Tuesday. I'm estimating that final shipping will take place next weekend, depending on the anodizer's work schedule.

The brass is showing slight tarnishing--as we all know brass does--but perhaps especially because all oils have been stripped off. Most of the brass is tarnishing evenly, though some bodies show blotchly areas.

I've verified that the brass polishes up very quickly, but I'll ship these without further processing for you to apply whatever brass maintenance techniques you prefer. I suspect most folks won't find the light tarnish objectionable and will put the brass tubes into service without further ado.

With the oils completely stripped off, the aluminum tubes show buffing scratches and light tool marks in the polished surface very clearly. Also, some of the aluminum tubes show slightly darker rings around the bottom edge or very bottom. I have no idea what the cause of these rings are, but they also polish out very quickly. Likewise, most folks will just put these into service, though a light buffing with an aluminum polish / preservative would probably be a good idea.

As I mentioned in a previous post, the polishing tends to show remaining tool marks more, but I believe the overall look is superior, and believe everyone will be satisfied then these arrive!

Otokoyama

Enlightened
The raw 150A and 168A black and natural tubes are now with the anodizer. The initial estimate was one week. I will ship as soon as I receive these back.

diggdug13

Flashlight Enthusiast
great news Oto, thanks for the update and the work you are putting into these

doug

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've sent you a few e:mails requesting you to ship my brass body to the person that i sold it to, I would appreciate it if you could let me know if you have received it. The info is below

new owner of brass body
Stephen Ketyer
1600 N. Oak St., Apt. 1018
Arlington, VA 22209-2765

bindibadgi

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've done the same. I sold one of my tubes (the HA Nat 150A tube) to a CPFer (loalight) who is actually getting at least one other tube of his own. I was hoping to get it sent straight to him. Is your inbox too full Paul?

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've sent you a few e:mails requesting you to ship my brass body to the person that i sold it to, I would appreciate it if you could let me know if you have received it. The info is below. Please do not send it to me.

Send it to the owner listed here

new owner of brass body
Stephen Ketyer
1600 N. Oak St., Apt. 1018
Arlington, VA 22209-2765

ChocolateLab33

Flashlight Enthusiast
Otokoyama said:
The raw 150A and 168A black and natural tubes are now with the anodizer. The initial estimate was one week. I will ship as soon as I receive these back.

From 9/8/05 to now is WAY more than a week. What is going on with these tubes????????
icon3.gif
icon3.gif
icon3.gif
icon3.gif
icon3.gif

Trev1960

Newly Enlightened
Yes, we have all paid and now way too much time has passed. I expect an answer as to the status of the tubes. When will they ship?

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Im sure he will chime in real soon...
Allthough it would be about time they arrived soon.

:popcorn:

Benny

indenial

Enlightened
It's not like this hasn't happened many times before, gentlemen. I've ordered many items from Otok. And each time there were unexpected delays and inexplicable periods of silence. The bottom line, however, is that he always comes through, sooner or later. I would recommend patience. I think we and our LC's will survive quite well without the tubes for the time being. Just my $.02.

diggdug13

Flashlight Enthusiast
indenial said:
It's not like this hasn't happened many times before, gentlemen. I've ordered many items from Otok. And each time there were unexpected delays and inexplicable periods of silence. The bottom line, however, is that he always comes through, sooner or later. I would recommend patience. I think we and our LC's will survive quite well without the tubes for the time being. Just my $.02.

I agree with indenial, from the other runs Oto has done we all know he only posts when he has something to tell us. and he's the most anal retentive, perfectionist I know on this board so whatever he's doing we all know it will be perfect when it gets to us.

doug

indenial said:

I'm going to have to agree with indenial. As much as I'd love to have those tubes in my hands, I know that, eventually, they most certainly will be here. This is the modus operandi of Otokoyama. He will deliver. We just don't know when. ;)

Otokoyama

Enlightened
Somehow my email notification of posts to this thread isn't working, or I would have responded sooner.

I don't know what caused the delay with the anodizer, but heard Friday that the naturals would be done that day with the blacks to follow by Tuesday. If this is true, I will begin shipping this week.

In an effort to make my original estimates, I tried for this project to line up everything in advance, but here I am shipping at least two months later than I originally estimated. I suspect the "problem" is that nobody is in much of a hurry to get relatively small jobs done, but whatever the issue, it's frustrating.