• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Closed: LionCub/LionHeart 168A Body Offe

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
vontech said:
Any update on these??

I have an update - I got mine in the mail today. I'm sure the rest aren't far behind.

FYI, there are fantastic.
happy65.gif
2thumbsup.gif

Got mine today! All seven of 'em: three brass 168's, two brass 150's, one bare AL 150, and one HA Nat 150. All excellent quality. Really like the no-lanyard-hole design. Very nice Otok (as always)! :goodjob:

Otokoyama

Enlightened
I was in such a rush to get these out, I forgot to include the information letter. The main thing is to remove the thin 1mm x 20mm o-ring if you're using this with a LionHeart, even though it'll pretty much fit but really squeeze the o-ring. Thanks to TnC Custom Products for advice on where to get the special o-ring.

I believe the anodizer did quite well on matching the dark natural color.

Thanks to Charlie for advice on where to get the gold-nickel springs. I had these made somewhat stiffer than the original LionHeart springs due to the issue of shutting off when set down hard on a table in candle mode. Still, if you slam it down, you will overcome even the stiffer tension.

It's always a good idea to lube metal-to-metal threads. I've pretty much standardized on Caig Laboratories CaiLube L260Cp for all flashlight threads.

Brass will of course tarnish, as it already had to some degree on a number of bodies that I sent out. There are a number of products available to remove tarnish and prevent oxidation, generally by leaving an oily film. Getting such products (e.g., Brasso) out of the knurling is a pain, though.

It turns out I do have extras, especially in brass. Please email me at [email protected] if you're interested.

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I received a surprise today!!
Great!!
I installed on my LC and used MagnaLube. I don't have any of the stuff mentioned. The polishing on the bare aluminum is nice and has a sort of hand finished look especially on the flat bottom.
These look beautiful!
Thanks.
Yaesumofo

Otokoyama said:
I was in such a rush to get these out, I forgot to include the information letter. The main thing is to remove the thin 1mm x 20mm o-ring if you're using this with a LionHeart, even though it'll pretty much fit but really squeeze the o-ring. Thanks to TnC Custom Products for advice on where to get the special o-ring.

I believe the anodizer did quite well on matching the dark natural color.

Thanks to Charlie for advice on where to get the gold-nickel springs. I had these made somewhat stiffer than the original LionHeart springs due to the issue of shutting off when set down hard on a table in candle mode. Still, if you slam it down, you will overcome even the stiffer tension.

It's always a good idea to lube metal-to-metal threads. I've pretty much standardized on Caig Laboratories CaiLube L260Cp for all flashlight threads.

Brass will of course tarnish, as it already had to some degree on a number of bodies that I sent out. There are a number of products available to remove tarnish and prevent oxidation, generally by leaving an oily film. Getting such products (e.g., Brasso) out of the knurling is a pain, though.

It turns out I do have extras, especially in brass. Please email me at [email protected] if you're interested.

Otokoyama

Enlightened
yaesumofo said:
The polishing on the bare aluminum is nice and has a sort of hand finished look especially on the flat bottom. These look beautiful! Thanks.

They are essentially hand polished. Thanks for letting me know that you like the look.

Braddah_Bill

Enlightened
I have been checking the mail box with the hopes of....is today the day?

Things take a little longer the reach Hawaii....hopefully today is the day my little 150A tube comes in.

Bill

Braddah_Bill

Enlightened
I post about not finding anything in my mailbox..... and WHAT do I find the very next day?

Mahalo, Mr. Otokoyama my bare AL 150A body was well worth the wait. :)

Aloha