• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired CLOSED: The VIP "Twisty" Offer

Raindrop

Enlightened
Re: The VIP \"Twisty\" Offer

Hopefully this offer will stay open for a couple of weeks. Going on vacation in the AM, and since I would need to pay via a PMO will have to wait. Will email you for the address if the offer is still open on the 15th.

~Greg

zipperhead

Newly Enlightened

Paypal sent for VIP twisty. I don't even like twistys, but with the VIP, you got to get all avalible accessories.

daz

Newly Enlightened

Paypal sent for VIP Twisty /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Otokoyama

Enlightened

Cutoff date: None. This offer will stay open indefinitely, as I currently intend to make these manually, though any Twisties ordered after June 21st or so probably won't be anodized.

Folks who are ordering multiple Twisties: Screwing these in from both sides of a VIP body, either 123 or AA, will result in a short. I'd be happy to send out a plastic end cap free with each Twisty for the other end. Please let me know if you'd like to reduce your order quantity.

Otokoyama

Enlightened

For those desiring a lanyard attachment, just drill a hole through a cut down 1/4-20 bolt and stroke it a few times with a file:
TwistyLanyardHole.jpg

Vifam

Enlightened

Paypal sent for one. Please send me a plastic end cap. Are you going to offer the cut down 1/4-20 bolt with drilled hole?
Thank you.

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,

Oto, I never thought about ordering an extra for use as an end cap but I like the idea. Please add one end cap to my one twisty ordered.

Thank you.

Otokoyama

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
darkzero said:Please add one end cap to my one twisty ordered.

[/ QUOTE ] I'll provide an end cap with each twisty ordered, including all orders previously received.

Otokoyama

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
Vifam said:Are you going to offer the cut down 1/4-20 bolt with drilled hole?

[/ QUOTE ]I'll see if I can find some suitable raw materials from which this can be quickly made.

jack32088

Newly Enlightened

PayPal sent for 1 twisty. Thanks for making this available. It should make it a lot easier to get through airport security. (The kings crown prongs could be an issue.)

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
Otokoyama said:

Folks who are ordering multiple Twisties: Screwing these in from both sides of a VIP body, either 123 or AA, will result in a short. I'd be happy to send out a plastic end cap free with each Twisty for the other end. Please let me know if you'd like to reduce your order quantity.

[/ QUOTE ]

Otok, if I cement a thin disc of rubber to the inside of the Twisty, where the battery would contact the twisty, would that keep it from shorting?

If so, then I could have a twisty at either end for maximum security, plus it gives me a spare in the unlikely event I lose a tailcap.

Britt

Otokoyama

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
BC0311 said:Otok, if I cement a thin disc of rubber to the inside of the Twisty, where the battery would contact the twisty, would that keep it from shorting?

[/ QUOTE ]This would keep it from shorting, but the VIP's design is such that everything is packed into the shortest possible length. (Well, except for a generous heatsink.) There's not enough room to fully seat two Twisties at either end of a body, unless you remove (file off) the contact "button". Of course, you wouldn't be able to use the Twisty as a switch if a contact surface is insulated or removed.

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast

OK... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif I guess I better reduce my order from 4 to 2.

Paypal sent for 2 Twisties.

Thanks for doing these, Paul. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Britt

rfdancer

Newly Enlightened

Otokoyama - In case you can't make the 1/4" x 20 attachments,
Here are some items from Berkeley Point:
http://www.berkeleypoint.com

1. Model: STUDSWIVEL $9.00
Brass swivels with stainless steel ball bearings with same swivel body as used in the eye to 1/4" X 20 thread. (Same swivel found on Mini Coil Camera Tether/Strap.)
http://www.berkeleypoint.com/products/hardware/studswivel.html

2. Stud Swivel on Mini Coil Camera/Tether Strap - Model: MCT3 $23.95
http://www.berkeleypoint.com/products/tools/mct3.html

Otokoyama

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
rfdancer said: Here are some items from Berkeley Point:

[/ QUOTE ]Thanks. I thought someone must make something like this.