• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired CLOSING AUGUST 8th:Flashlight boring and other machine work by your old pal scott.cr!

copierguy_mobile

Newly Enlightened
Re: Flashlight boring and other machine work by your old pal scott.cr!

A 3D Mag would probably work fine for this project... I can make one (or both) of the end caps out of Delrin if you want to pay for that material. You can check the price at mcmaster.com, what's needed is at least 1.55" OD material if you want the end cap's OD to match the tube's OD.

PM incomming

-Greg

dixemon

Enlightened

Got It! Nice work Scott.

Thanks

prayzrofGod

Newly Enlightened

Is it possible to bored out a Pelican M6 to fit an 18650?

prayzr

Edwood

Enlightened

Got mine, Scott. Fantastic work. Thanks!

-Ed

choppers

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi Scott, any update on my tail-cap?

Thanks,

Kabible

Enlightened
Hey Scott,
I sent you a pewter M@g for a 1C cutdown on Friday/25th. While you have it, I'd like to have cooling fins cut into the head like the last pic in post#42. Let me know if you can do. Also sent PM yesterday but you must be pretty busy!

Thanks

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry if this has been asked, but I've no time to read all the posts.

I have a SF M4 Devastator that I'd like to bore out to fit 2 x 18650 batteries.... Can you do this without adversely affecting the integrity of the body? If so, it'll save me $150 bucks for a Leef body that I'm looking at now. Awaiting your reply.

Thanks,
Dan

brunt_sp

Enlightened

....... I did however purchase some new tooling so now I can comfortably to the 3 cell lights. Send 'em along.
I would be interested in getting a SF M3 bored. Is there enough metal in the tube of this model to bore it to accept 18500s ?

scott.cr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a SF M4 Devastator that I'd like to bore out to fit 2 x 18650 batteries.... Can you do this without adversely affecting the integrity of the body?

Hi Dan (and everyone), my setup is not long enough to safely bore an M4. I will have to respectfully decline this job for the time being.

scott.cr

Flashlight Enthusiast

I would be interested in getting a SF M3 bored. Is there enough metal in the tube of this model to bore it to accept 18500s ?

Getting an 18 mm cell into standard Surefires has never been a problem for me (after boring ~45-50 lights). There is still a risk the light will be damaged but I haven't done/seen it.

brunt_sp

Enlightened
I'd like my Surefire M3 and 9P bodies bored out for AW 18500s. Also I have two A19s and one detonator extender for boring. PM sent.

Last edited:

SunnyQueensland

Enlightened
Hi Scott... :popcorn:

You have not told me how much I owe you for your work? Is there a chance you remember the date my two cutdown Maglites were sent? :wave:

Thanks

Ethan

Last edited:

choppers

Flashlight Enthusiast
Scott, still haven't received my tail-cap. Any info on when / if it was shipped?

Thanks,