*Coming* Zebralight H603c/d and H502g/pr Headlamps

Lou Minescence

Flashlight Enthusiast
I want a red light Zebralight headlamp with a reflector. Red light is hard enough to see, even worse if it's diffused. H52r would be nice. Better yet an H600r.

KeepingItLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also, in this thread, we are talking about the high-CRI "c" and "d" mules. The Nitecore headlamp does not have a corresponding version.

I like the staircase-like, perfectly flat runtimes and predictable output levels you get from ZebraLight's buck/boost and boost drivers. Nitecore uses buck drivers, so output tails off at the end of a run.

lampeDépêche

Flashlight Enthusiast
I want a red light Zebralight headlamp with a reflector. Red light is hard enough to see, even worse if it's diffused. H52r would be nice. Better yet an H600r.

That was the H51r for AA, H31r for CR123 (and F floody versions for both). I had an H51r that I liked a lot on the back of my bike, until the bike was stolen. You might find one somewhere for sale used.

Honestly, though, the H502r is *very* visible, and across a wide angle.

The question is: do you want to see other things, or to be seen? If you want to see stuff, then you may want the narrower beam angle for illuminating distant objects. But if you want to *be* seen (e.g. on a bike or as a marker), then wide-angle has advantages over narrow-angle from reflectors. That's why I have not tried to get a used H51r, now that I have the H502r.

ateupwithgolf

Enlightened
So I sent Zebralight an email this afternoon asking about the release of their SC600fd MKIII plus that piqued my interest.

Here is their reply:

Subject: SC600FdII PLUS

Looks like 4-5 months out at least, because we are still very busy trying to deal with orders for recently announced models, and there will be H603 series and H600(w) Mk III before the SC600Fd III Plus.

Sincerely,

ZebraLight, Inc.
2908 Story Rd. W
Irving, TX 75038

First of all, it sure is nice to email a company and get a response in 3 hours!

Next, it looks like the H603 will be here before you know it, but what is the difference in the H603 c/d and H600FIII c/d?
Looks like all the same specs to me.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I sent Zebralight an email this afternoon asking about the release of their SC600fd MKIII plus that piqued my interest.

Here is their reply:

Looks like 4-5 months out at least, because we are still very busy trying to deal with orders for recently announced models, and there will be H603 series and H600(w) Mk III before the SC600Fd III Plus.

Sincerely,

ZebraLight, Inc.
2908 Story Rd. W
Irving, TX 75038

Next, it looks like the H603 will be here before you know it, but what is the difference in the H603 c/d and H600FIII c/d?

The H603 is the "flood" line with no lens and GITD reflectors and the H600Fc/d MKIII is the "floody" model with a frosted lens.

newbie66

Flashlight Enthusiast

Here is their reply:

Sincerely,

ZebraLight, Inc.
2908 Story Rd. W
Irving, TX 75038

They also mention H600(w) Mk III(non floody model) is coming before SC600Fd III Plus when it is not even on the spec sheet yet.

ShishouMatt

Newly Enlightened
I JUST bought and received my H600f MKIII a few days ago... I am not a fan of the flood model and wish I knew to wait for the non-flood later this year. :\

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
They also mention H600(w) Mk III(non floody model) is coming before SC600Fd III Plus when it is not even on the spec sheet yet.

Yep, it will be XHP35 powered like the new SC offerings judging by other emails from ZL. I'm guessing basically a SC63w in headlamp form (4500K 80CRI with similar output). I hope they keep the original battery compartment like the "c & d" for wide cell compatibility.

Last edited:

newbie66

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep, it will be XHP35 powered like the new SC offerings judging by other emails from ZL. I'm guessing basically a SC63w in headlamp form (4500K 80CRI with similar output). I hope they keep the original battery compartment like the "c & d" for wide cell compatibility.

Yeah, should be similar to SC63. I think it will still need to use unprotected but who knows. Gotta wait and see.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I JUST bought and received my H600f MKIII a few days ago... I am not a fan of the flood model and wish I knew to wait for the non-flood later this year. :\

What is your issue with the floody model? I think it is the perfect mix of flood and throw myself and find that a diffused beam is much more useful in a headlamp application. The regular version isnt great for up close uses and the full flood model has too little throw so isnt ideal for medium to far uses. Plus, the extra CRI is preferable especially in a headlamp application(the "w" will be lower). It will also likely be months before the "w" model comes out. You could always get it too and have both you bases covered:naughty:

Last edited:

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, should be similar to SC63. I think it will still need to use unprotected but who knows. Gotta wait and see.

It shouldnt "need" to use a bare cell, even the SC series doesnt need to as they only draw 5-6amps at most and there are plenty of protected cells capable of 10amps continuous. ZL just chose to go that route(mainly to easy their warranty claims imo). I think that the added level of protection is especially important in a headlamp application not to mention it is nice to have it accept a wider range of cells in general. Time will tell though.

Last edited:

ateupwithgolf

Enlightened
What is your issue with the floody model? I think it is the perfect mix of flood and throw myself and find that a diffused beam is much more useful in a headlamp application. The regular version isnt great for up close uses and the full flood model has too little throw so isnt ideal for medium to far uses. Plus, the extra CRI is preferable especially in a headlamp application(the "w" will be lower). It will also likely be months before the "w" model comes out. You could always get it too and have both you bases covered:naughty:

I really like the floody model the "d" version, when you are walking with it, there is no light bounce up and down, it's really nice.

BarryH

Enlightened
H502pr Photo Red is finally in stock, and shipping, for anyone interested.

Mine just arrived this week after pre-ordering back in December when they first showed up on the ZL web site.

Very bright, and good true red. No hint of orange like the regular H502r which I also have. The new one has slightly darker anodizing so I can tell the two apart without powering them up. :thumbsup:

ohoen

Newly Enlightened
Ahh, very good. I found myself here on CPF looking for a higher quality Larry type light for work. I narrowed things down to an h602w and then discovered that there weren't any for sale. This explains why. I will wait for the h603c. The higher CRI will be helpful for distinguishing wire colors anyway. Bonus.

I'll have to read up on what people are doing for clips. Does anybody clip the h600s to their shirt? That was one thing that was really convenient about the Larry.

Here is their reply:

Sincerely,

ZebraLight, Inc.
2908 Story Rd. W
Irving, TX 75038

ShishouMatt

Newly Enlightened

Honestly I think my issue is that I am spoiled with the Nitecore HC90 vinh modded.

I wear a headlamp around the house when doing projects of all sorts and tinkering with stuff. So hsving focus on the item at hand is likely why I am not so impressed with the ZL.

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is there any benefit in getting a red led light? I have a red led on an old Energizer headlamp (it was my first headlamp many years ago) but I rarely used it.

Glock27

Enlightened
I sent Zebrlight a message asking when I could Pre-order an H603. I'm really looking forward to this light!

"We'll announce the H603 in about 2 months."
spacer.gif

G27