*Coming* Zebralight H603c/d and H502g/pr Headlamps

newbie66

Flashlight Enthusiast
I sent Zebrlight a message asking when I could Pre-order an H603. I'm really looking forward to this light!

"We'll announce the H603 in about 2 months."
spacer.gif

G27

Which means a long wait before release....

Andrey

Newly Enlightened
Before ordering H602w I decided to ask Zebralight once again regarding expected H603c release date.
Their response was that the H603c/d and H603(w) announcement and start of pre-orders is expected in 2-3 days.
:clap:

mico

Newly Enlightened
Before ordering H602w I decided to ask Zebralight once again regarding expected H603c release date.
Their response was that the H603c/d and H603(w) announcement and start of pre-orders is expected in 2-3 days.
:clap:
H603w? Just when I decided I wanted the c...

LessDark

Enlightened
Sweet!

I see they wrote 69mm max battery length for the XHP35 models, is that correct? Does this mean that we can finally use protected cells with the XHP35 emitter? (unlike the SC600 III and SC63).

kj2

Flashaholic
The r is 620-630nm and the pr is 650-670nm. There should be some difference but the question is, will YOUR eyes pick it up?
Some will notice and some won't. Plus if you r is around 630 and your pr around 650, there isn't much difference in nm.

axd

Newly Enlightened
If my eyes can't pick it up, what's the sense of boasting that it's "warmer/photo red"?

I feel like I've been manipulated into buying something that doesn't make any significant difference (But I'm still not convinced I did get such a "photo red" LED, I think the only way to find out is to measure the wavelength).

In fact, the H51r gives off "redder" light than the 502pr...

Connor

Enlightened
If my eyes can't pick it up, what's the sense of boasting that it's "warmer/photo red"?

The human eye can see ~ 400 to 760 nm. If your eyes can't see it pick up a new set of eyes. :nana: :cool:
Yes, the difference is subtle.

iamlucky13

Flashlight Enthusiast

I assume for darkroom use where extra assurance the light won't affect your photo paper, or perhaps for astronomy where some may be using filters specific to that shade of red.

Short of having a spectrometer, I'm not sure how you might test to be certain what wavelengths each of your lights is producing. Sorry I can't help more.

axd

Newly Enlightened
Fact is that the ZebraLight H502pr is NOT "deep red"; in fact it is even less "red" than the other red LEDs. The grating setup gives a heavy indication that my eyes are right.

Communicating with ZL seems to indicate that ZL will not confirm my suspicion, and seems to blame the driver.

Genzod

Banned
Fact is that the ZebraLight H502pr is NOT "deep red"; in fact it is even less "red" than the other red LEDs. The grating setup gives a heavy indication that my eyes are right.

Communicating with ZL seems to indicate that ZL will not confirm my suspicion, and seems to blame the driver.

ZL appears to be overly guarded with communication to the public.

I once inquired of their H53c throw capability. All I got was a denial they had Intensity or throw figures and got a nebulous answer on range in its place.

Trying to calculate the throw myself, I asked if there had been any changes to the reflector/lens geometry. A simple yes or no would have sufficed. No would mean the geometry could be ignored in my calculation. Instead, I was met with and dealt with as if I were asking specific internal dimensions for the possible sake of stealing proprietary information, and denied the appropriate response to my question.:banghead:

It's not rocket science, and no one will take over the world with flashlight technology. Good grief, if I wanted to steal internal reflector geometry I would have opened up the unit myself and measured it.