Commonly Used LED Emitter Index

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
updated with suggestions, corrections,

kramer -- I had the ez900/1000 note in the other link, but forgot to provide an image .. oops!

yeah, I want a picture of the XP-C so people that do have them know about them :)

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
updated with suggestions, corrections,

kramer -- I had the ez900/1000 note in the other link, but forgot to provide an image .. oops!

yeah, I want a picture of the XP-C so people that do have them know about them :)

leds-1.jpg
leds-1.jpg

Also I noticed you had the lumen output of the R2 bin XR-E listed around 250 @1A when it should be about 275. :thumbsup:

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also I noticed you had the lumen output of the R2 bin XR-E listed around 250 @1A when it should be about 275. :thumbsup:

thank you for the pic!
woah... 1 bond wire. :eek:oo:

using Cree's product characterization tool, it says 250.8 lumens @ 1A? :confused:

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
thank you for the pic!
woah... 1 bond wire. :eek:oo:

using Cree's product characterization tool, it says 250.8 lumens @ 1A? :confused:
Your welcome. I don't know why that tool is not working right. I tried it myself and I got the same thing. It seems buggy though. At one point it said it was on XR-E but the figures I saw had to be from the MC-E. Either way we have the tests from jtr1962 which both agree that it can do 270-275.:shrug:

gopajti

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cree XLamp XR-E (R2 WG)

fmsz1h.jpg

Cree XLamp XP-C, XP-E, XP-G

105r12h.jpg

Cree XLamp XP-C Color, MP-L EasyWhite

20h8pvr.jpg
11m7z1e.jpg

Cree XLamp MC-E & MC-E RGBW

hx7lz5.jpg
jr2m1k.jpg

Luminus PhlatLight LED SST-50, SST-90 & SST-90 Color series

11vqetv.jpg

Seoul Semiconductor Z-Power LED P4, P5-II, P7 + P4-P7

rk0ntl.jpg
2m7vg4m.jpg

15phfec.jpg
2hhpt03.jpg

Osram Oslon SSL

2cgk4gh.jpg

Lumileds LUXEON Rebel & K2 (TFFC)

dq63wm.jpg

2j635et.jpg
29gn3mt.jpg

Nichia NFS, NCS, NS6

f1lgyr.jpg
2meoc3r.jpg
99e3wh.jpg

Last edited:

DM51

Flashaholic
Very useful thread by csshih, with some excellent pics added by gopajti in the post just above this one.

I'll leave the thread here in the LED Flashlights section for a while, conscious that some members don't visit the LED (emitters) section too often. (why not, guys? :poke:)

I'm adding it to the "Threads of Interest" stickies both here and in LED.

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
wow!, gopajti. those are most excellent pictures!
and I was going to try to take some pictures to replace the "lesser" ones.. wow! Thank You! lovecpf :party: :twothumbs

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Wow great pics!!... I've had an MCE light for over 1.5 years and had no idea there was that "much" going on in there.

IMHO it would be nice to leave it sticky'd here in LED flashlight forum.

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very useful thread by csshih, with some excellent pics added by gopajti in the post just above this one.

I'll leave the thread here in the LED Flashlights section for a while, conscious that some members don't visit the LED (emitters) section too often. (why not, guys? :poke:)

I'm adding it to the "Threads of Interest" stickies both here and in LED.

Thanks, David!
I would like the thread to stay in the LED flashlights section, if possible, as I think the "drive-by" users just browsing through tend to stay away or not see the other sections. :thinking:

although.. the LED section is, indeed, a fun place to look around. :D

JulianP

Enlightened
Great guide, csshih. I have a question: Is there a way to distinguish between XR-E's? I have an XR-E R2 flashlight which is dimmer than all the others, and I wonder whether the supplier sent me an XR-E P4. They all look like the XR-E that you posted.

Thanks.

BTW - I can't find datasheets for the R2. The Cree website has specs for all types (bins?) up to Q5, but no R2.

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Julian,

no, there is not :( the older generation P4s had only 2 bond wires if I recall correctly, but all the new ones look identical.