Consolidated Short Arc & HID spotlight Lux readings

Enlightened
Sure....i thought it is high too. That's what triode888 and I got (it is triode888's). I can double check against my M3X Olight/TK70/Aliexpress 65W. It is 250 @ 60m, can't be a wrong reading as the DX meter goes 200 (it would not give a reading here, so it could not have been 25.0), 2000 and 20000. Can't be low batt as i just changed energizer cells. I'll verify again. I'll see if there are any reflective surfaces, but unlikely (that'd also show up with my HIDs when i verify again)

We measured the Surefire UBT3 TIRed XM-L. It calculates out to be 61k, 17.0 at 60m.

Last edited:

Enlightened
Good news, found the error. It is not 60m, but 45m. My tape measure is 7.50m, so i guess got messed up there and measured twice more (lost count or something). 45m is correct, i verified twice.

250 x 45^2 = 506k for the CSWL night reaper. Measured at 2 min mark approx (triode888 mentioned it drops to 40W after 10 mins)

Surefire UB3T is 17 x 45^2 = 34425. DX meter pls.

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Correction Applied!

Thanks so much 2100, 500K is still extremely impressive, about the same throw as the Franken Mag shot arc I made, which is also 50W but runs on UHP short arc lamp. The number make perfect sense vs. the 400K lux Polarion X1.

UB3T using TIR is also very impressive, just shy of 2.8A/rebel SMO XML throw, but many love the TIR beam.

Last edited:

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast
No problem. BTW if anyone is wondering how did the UB3T land here, the guy got a sister in US and she bought + brought it here. :D
All sound perfect except the timing, right when the M6LT getting released :crackup:

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got back from testing my Maxabeam (gen2 with parkerVH adapters and Ushio UXL-75XE bulb)
I'm using a photographic light meter, which reads in EV at 100 iso and can be easily converted to lux using charts found on the Internet
- the numbers I got were 6EV (160 lux) at 150m For 3.6 million cp on low
And 7 EV (320 lux) at 150m for 7.2 million CP on high

(carefully focused for the brightest beam, then aimed at my wife, who read the meter)

There may be errors though, although I did try 3 times for each setting, and averaged the numbers

Last edited:

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Added to the list. Your numbers are pretty close to mine with UXL-75PB lamp measured at 61 meter.
I think you did it right although the method is unusual.

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
Added to the list. Your numbers are pretty close to mine with UXL-75PB lamp measured at 61 meter.
I think you did it right although the method is unusual.

the method is unusual only because of the tools i have, if i had a normal Luxmeter i would have tested it ages ago.
Glad i did it right and its pretty close to what others have measured.
the bulb was freshly adjusted at a reasonable distance the night before too, a little knock and the CP will drop dramatically as the Arc is no longer at the correct focal point

and i think you made a mistake in the listing
Maxa Beam Gen II, #3 with UXL-75XE lamp: 75W Xenon short Arc, UXL-75PB lamp -7.1 Million cp
(Measured by echo63 @ 160 meter distance)

specifically the
UXL-75PB lamp -7.1 Million cp its a UXL-75XE lamp

Colonel Sanders

Flashlight Enthusiast
We should add the Fire Fox III and Magic Fire Scorpion to this list. I clocked 224k measured at 10m with my FF3. :thumbsup:

Maybe Fritz should add his Hand-Sun HID as well.

Colonel Sanders

Flashlight Enthusiast
I happen to know someone who tested a 150w Vec192 (one with 2 x Barn Burner ballasts with 2 x DL50 Fatboy bulbs) tonight. :devil:

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast
let me take a wild guess, it's in the 1-2 million cps range?

Last edited:

Colonel Sanders

Flashlight Enthusiast
You are quite correct. I tested the Vec192 against the Barn Burner. Before I spill it, let me preface by saying that my 10m test facility is indoors (garage) in a more or less dust free, bug free, low humidity environment which I think probably helps the numbers a bit over doing it outdoors.

I tested all the way from startup to around 2min so wherever the peak was, I got it. Does this make a difference compared to just checking at 2 min? I doubt it but just sayin'. I know my Barn Burner numbers are higher than what others have reported but I do think that my meter is accurate so that's why the long preface.

Anyway...

Barn Burner 988K cp
Vec192 1.65m cp

Last edited:

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Added both lights into the Lux collection!

Now you've seen enough 1-2 million cps lights, you need to see what 16 million cps looks like, cross that off your bucket list :naughty:

Last edited:

Colonel Sanders

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think Lips tested it at something like 430k if memory serves. It can depend much on the bulb alignment and of course the testing equipment and procedure (different distances can show different readings depending on at what distance the beam comes together the best.)