Cordless power tools

Poppy

Flashaholic
I have I guess a fifty year old Honda HT-R3009 ride on mower. With fifty years of use, the bottom of the chute has been worn and chipped away. In places it has also bent up. This reduces the efficiency of it collecting grass clippings and leaves. Today, I took out my torch, and heated the bent parts, and rebent them, somewhat into where I think they should be. I then applied fiberglass cloth, fiberglass resin, and hardener to replace some of what is missing.

It is a little rough looking, but I think that it will be a significant improvement. If I spray paint it black it will look better.

If you look at the pictures you can see where the black is missing.

1693693733963.png

1693693782691.png

1693693836335.png

Last edited:

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

Mentioned the 25V Greenworks tools a while back, yesterday I looked them up again
Got this kit for $66 total cost on ebay using a 20% coupon on an already good deal.
Figured it would be a good ready to go gift...

1950in/lbs of torque for a driver that small is superrifico

===> 25V is six 18650s' likely using the higher Amp 18650s' in those packs

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dewalt batts are now made in USA with probably Samsung batts.

Attachments

• A48EABE7-BE8B-4C6C-9125-20DE672EE4EE.jpeg
    A48EABE7-BE8B-4C6C-9125-20DE672EE4EE.jpeg
    350.6 KB · Views: 58
  • 04657980-D0C4-4D27-B76D-BA4A29A4E487.jpeg
    04657980-D0C4-4D27-B76D-BA4A29A4E487.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 62

Poppy

Flashaholic
I have I guess a fifty year old Honda HT-R3009 ride on mower. With fifty years of use, the bottom of the chute has been worn and chipped away. In places it has also bent up. This reduces the efficiency of it collecting grass clippings and leaves. Today, I took out my torch, and heated the bent parts, and rebent them, somewhat into where I think they should be. I then applied fiberglass cloth, fiberglass resin, and hardener to replace some of what is missing.

It is a little rough looking, but I think that it will be a significant improvement. If I spray paint it black it will look better.

If you look at the pictures you can see where the black is missing.

View attachment 48317

View attachment 48318
View attachment 48319
I've got to say that I am delighted at how much of an improvement fiberglassing the leaf shoot made to my worn and broken shoot. I've used it three times so far, and only once did it get clogged. That was because I went through thick, wet zoysia grass without enough throttle, and it slowed the blade speed so much that the engine almost stalled.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

Today I was working on removing & taking apart some things from my wall so the well rig can get into position.
Used my:
DeWalt compact recip saw
Milwaukee impact driver
DeWalt cutoff wheel
..all brushless

The cutting of a heavy piece of angle iron made my day, what a release ;)

btw: having the right tools is everything,
actually having a set of Torx bits saved my a** today

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i went with rigid if i understand life time warrenty and even includes the batteries and i got a deal on them and use them all the time . i say tools are the best investment they will always at least pay for them selfs and then you still have the tool

Poppy

Flashaholic
i went with rigid if i understand life time warrenty and even includes the batteries and i got a deal on them and use them all the time . i say tools are the best investment they will always at least pay for them selfs and then you still have the tool
I went with Ryobi.
I had a 12V drill for years, and when the battery wouldn't hold a charge I bought a replacement battery for it. It was a good drill and worth the money. When that battery failed, I decided to go the 18V Li route.

I stayed with Ryobi. I don't use them for business, and none have failed me yet. So for the general use of a homeowner, they are fine.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I don't think they include batteries with all their tools.
I did once get a very mild contractor acquaintance to admit that he'd rather use Ryobi over Rigid if he were stuck with only budget brands as an option.

Poppy

Flashaholic
A pair of Ryobi inflators.
The one with the hose can inflate car tires, or a basketball.
The other is a higher volume, lower pressure one that will inflate an air mattress, blow up swimming pool or inflatable pool toys. It can also be used to help deflate blow ups.

1699321819718.png

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

Picked this up for $13.49

Really didn't need to, :triumphant:
just had to for that price I'll take it apart (hopefully) and put a tint filter on it.

BrightestBulb

Newly Enlightened
I went the same way because of the lifetime warranty. Never have to buy another fill in the blank again.

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
I went the same way because of the lifetime warranty. Never have to buy another fill in the blank again.
Lifetime warranty doesn't mean much when the tool is crap when new though. Ridgid drills are awful. I can't even drill a 5/8" hole in a wood stud in high speed because the motor doesn't have the power. Get Milwaukee and you only have to buy once

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

Have to mention this to anyone interested in Milwaukee tools = M18 is the 18V system
this carbide chuck brushless drill can be found for $87 brand new from that big online retailer that starts with an A
Home Depot has it for $199 (the tool only)

Milwaukee 2904-20 easily one of the best drills you can get

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i used this to put on my center stand on my motorcycle its power is very decent and its so small

Attachments

• IMG_0021.jpeg
    IMG_0021.jpeg
    648 KB · Views: 31

Latest posts