CPF UK Meet 2014

petrev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone have anything new. Lights, watches etc? I have nothing new :(

Don't care - Just good to meet up . . . Something will be interesting no doubt

:)

p.s. Plenty will probably be new to me . . . !

Last edited:

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have nothing new. Still very content with my previous purchases.

Looking forward to it.

But I have bad news - remoteneeded will be working in Scotland on the night, so cannot come. He wishes us all a good one, though.

petrev, please amend the list, thanks.

subwoofer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got an MBI Torpedo, which I doubt any of you will have seen before.

Just looked at an unboxing on youtube. Looks very interesting. I can find the CPF thread, but not a sales thread. If you don't mind me asking, how much was it? The packaging, including the torpedo looks expensive.

Tofty

Enlightened
I think it was just over $100, but I can't really remember. They aren't available at the moment, as I got mine as part of the limited prototype "X" run, but an even more advanced version should be available for general sale eventually......but almost certainly without the torpedo case. The designer "Guy" said that the packaging was a huge extravagence and the sale price certainly didn't reflect it's overall cost.

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have 3 Valeno Designs Quantum D2's. One steel, one black and one......gold plated. (You could have guessed.....)

Last edited:

petrev

Flashlight Enthusiast
:twothumbs
Brilliant - Always wanted to see a DeepBlue in the flesh !!!
Often studied the website . . .

Pete

petrev

Flashlight Enthusiast
PETREV - do we need to book the campsite?

If you're doing it I need a 1 tent booking, please.:grin2:

Hi Nycto,

They say there is no group booking system unless all booked together at one time. They can add a note of the first booking reference number to link up bookings, but there are no pre-allocated spaces anyway so it is just as available on arrival. Bookings are made with a central agency so I haven't been able to speak to the actual site manager.

I will try to get there as early as possible to get a good space for us if I can !!!

Booking agency also says probably no need to book as not to busy, but best of course to be sure (they like to get the non refundable money in if they can !).

There are single discounts and a Backpacker Rate (50%) for those pitching without a car but you have to phone to get Backpacker Rate as not available via website.

Single camper with car seems to be £10.87

UPDATE : Backpacker rate only if you walk in, and check in, separately from any car or other motorised vehicle - Eco discount !
You can't be seen being dropped off !!!

UPDATE 2 : 15% Discount code for the Booking Site
[h=3]CITFSEP14[/h]£9.24 for a single camper with code. Code applied on last page with payment.

HTH - Any questions ?

Cheers
Pete

Last edited:

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
Okeydokey.

Get us a good pitch, away from the late night carousers!

Just bought my tent - I shall have a practice camping weekend starting friday! The wife is not too sure, but willing to have a go.

Off to Sports Direct tomorrow for a double inflatable camp mattress. That is quite likely to be my last purchase before the meet!

Whenever I look at the new shiny bright torches currently available, I cast a glance at my drawer full of old ones and I can't find the need to buy more.

That seems sad, but is probably quite the best state of mind to be in these days.

I fully realize that soon someone will bring out a torch that I must have. Just a question of time.

We meet at the campsite on Saturday lunchtime-ish? I notice there's no food or drink at this campsite, so are we bringing lunch and then going out to a pub for supper?

I assume we'll want to see the stones at dusk and (If possible) into the night?

Small stove and a kettle for tea and an esky in the car for cold drinks. I must get a new camping seat!

Looking forward to it!

petrev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yay - Yippity - Yay !!!

Have to agree - Torch buying has slowed lately - There seems to be a plateau in my desire where new things are more of the same (could say I have too many options already )

We can arrive and pitch from 12:00 so we can take it as it goes - If we are all there early then we can decide but probably best to bring a packed lunch just in case - Evening should probably be Pub next to Avebury Stones and then exploring - Any preferences for the afternoon are up for discussion . . .

I have cooking and fridge stuff in my van as needed . . .

Me too - Looking forward to it. :)
Pete

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think I have a hexamine stove around somewhere and I must be able to find a camp kettle about the house. Maybe even a chance to use my Sporks in anger.

BTW - if any of the usual suspects need a lift from London, I'll be leaving early on the Saturday morning.

I am quite taken by the Xtar HL1 Commander headlamp - out since last year so not new, but I like the two colours and the AA cell size. Also the Fenix BC30 bike light.

Ah well, I'll see how funds are doing closer to the day.

Adieu.

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
I too was unsure of Deep Blue watches after experiencing a Ball watch. However I kept finding myself drawn back into the website and I constantly thought about trying the T100 tritium vials. I considered the 65 vial version, but noticed that it only came in blue. The blue isn't as bright as the green, so I went for another model with green trits. I am happy with my new purchase and will definitely but another Deep Blue watch once the model is back in stock.

I am really looking forward to this meet and although I have no interest in anything new. I might make something random if I have time.

QUOTE=petrev;4496803]:twothumbs
Brilliant - Always wanted to see a DeepBlue in the flesh !!!
Often studied the website . . .

Pete[/QUOTE]

petrev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Stupid Question ?

Anybody live near to Ilford ?

Looking at a Gumtree entry there . . .