CPF UK Meet 2015

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok remoteeded. Seems as though it's down to you to pick a day from the list. I'd suggest May 9th or 16th to avoid bank holiday weekends and school half term in the last week of May.

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd like to add myself to the list.
(Promising best behaviour of course!).

23rd May to coincide with the British Blades meet-up sounds good, but will try for any date set.

EXCELLENT!

So that's Petrev, Subwoofer, Jay R, lightlover, Tofty, remoteneeded at the moment.

Waiting on remote to get finished with a BIG project at work so he can decide which days we can get down the caves.

Also sounding out other members for these dates.

:popcorn: watch this space - First day of spring today!

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice price - bring it along, Jay, I like lights that use AA cells.

Just bought a Surefire E2L AA for a reduced price at a local shop. They'd got fed up with having it on the display at the usual price (Just shy of £200!) and decided they wanted rid of it for a much better sum (less than half price). Also bought a Inova Iniforce Colour for a fifth the original price!

In fact they had many, many reductions on old torches, but as I either had most of them already or didn't need them, I passed.

Not long till the meet now. I do remind remoteneeded from time to time, but he is still up against the grim combo of bad schedules and too much work!

subwoofer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice price - bring it along, Jay, I like lights that use AA cells.

Did you not see the EA41 I brought to the last meet?

Although I love the power that comes with li-ion I still prefer oober easy to feed AA lights. Performance on Eneloops is so good it covers 'normal' needs without issue. 2x AA lights are also such a great size to comfortably hold so I have a bias towards these.

Edit: I also have the EA41 2015 edition in my review queue, but suspect it won't be unboxed in time for the meet. (My review process required photography in fresh out-of-the box condition so I don't get to play until after doing the photos).

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did you not see the EA41 I brought to the last meet?

I can't remember it, Sub. But I was probably being too uncomfortable in my ancient camping chair to notice!!!

I do like an AA torch or two. I've just ordered a Nitecore EA11 which was a bit of an impulse purchase as I've just paid my VAT bill. Probably regret it in the cold light of day - but I'll bring it along.

I'm looking forward to this one - I like being able to use our torches and then get home at a reasonable hour. Could I be a cave convert??? (remote promised no crawlspaces!!!)

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Please count me in on any of the dates. I haven't got anything new, but I have some high drain cells on the way to me. Caves sound like an excellent choice.

petrev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hip Hip Hooray !

I don't live in London so not a local shop - Sounds like a great shop !!!

Had a look at Reigate caving site, looks good

:)

Hope there is a good pub and some nice local parking . . .

Can't wait . . .

Last edited:

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
A-Z Electrical and HArdware in Maddox Street W.1.
They only had the one Enforce Colour though. There are still a load of old lights going cheap.
Good luck and come to the meet?

A-Z E&H in Maddox St, W1 - I'm on it!

Yeah, I've signed myself up in an earlier post, and will come to the meet if at all possible, whenever it is.

Shame we can't make it the date and location of the British Blades meet - but they do like sharp things a lot . . . .
(Hey, I'm told that SOME of them are quite civilised).

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ah, so turning it around to what we 'can' do, so far after input from Jay_R, Subwoofer and Nyctophiliac then (correct me if I'm wrong):

Potential April/May dates are

April 11
May 2, 9, 16, 30

I think the eleventh is out - seeing that it is the sixth now.

Still holding out for the other dates though. :candle:

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
EA41 arrived from banggood today. Loving it filled with primary lithium cells. Lightweight and so bright. Quite a nice thrower as well. Just waiting on my 2 DQG lights now....

subwoofer

Flashlight Enthusiast
EA41 arrived from banggood today. Loving it filled with primary lithium cells. Lightweight and so bright. Quite a nice thrower as well. Just waiting on my 2 DQG lights now....

Is yours the 2015 edition?

The Lithium AAs will really help with weight. Loaded with Eneloops it can feel quite heavy.

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Nitecore EA11 is also very impressive when using the IMR 14500 (Or a humble Envelop too!).

Rapidly becoming my favourite EDC - so small too.

We tested it in the woods last week and it appeared brighter than my Fenix TK45 to the naked eye (we're always finding naked things in the woods around Highgate!) but it is so tiny. Can't recommend it highly enough.

When is the meet!!!!!!!!!!

subwoofer

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Nitecore EA11 is also very impressive when using the IMR 14500 (Or a humble Envelop too!).

Rapidly becoming my favourite EDC - so small too.

We tested it in the woods last week and it appeared brighter than my Fenix TK45 to the naked eye (we're always finding naked things in the woods around Highgate!) but it is so tiny. Can't recommend it highly enough.

When is the meet!!!!!!!!!!

Any news from Remoteneeded?

That EA11 looks pretty awesome, though by NITECORE standards I expect the 900lm is actually more like 760lm when using an IMR 14500. Still impressive.

I'm currently testing the EC21 which is only 450lm but is also small and impressive.