Current collection, many I am very happy with...

Gooby

Newly Enlightened
I hate the "Flashlight Collection" section of this forum because it makes me so jealous because i only have like 2 lights and most people have like 30+ lights, and even some self queens that cost more than 3 of my collections.

novice

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a soft spot for yellow G2s. I have an unopened G2L that I bought on sale, thinking to eventually gift it, but the fact that it has a yellow powder-coated aluminum bezel has caused me to hang onto it. I wish that Surefire had made some other hard-to-lose G2s, like bright turquoise, USN forum 'toxic green', or 'international hazard orange', or GITD, but it didn't fit into their D.O.D. marketing focus. I've never had the huevos to do a RIT-dye job on mine, since the close-up photos I've seen of that treatment never looked as good as a factory job. Someday I hope to get an HDS. Very nice collection...

Last edited:

novice

Flashlight Enthusiast
Chauncey,
Perhaps I am mistaken, but it doesn't look as anodized to me, as it looks 'powder-coated'. It has a fairly matte surface. and the 'yellow' color doesn't quite match the color of the body/tailcap. In your photo, the bezel appears to match the body perfectly. My bezel doesn't; it looks less mustard, and more 'yellow/yellow-green/fluorescent FYL?'. It has a 'Caution: Hot Surface' message and logo. I know that the G2L models had aluminum bezels with a flat anti-roll faceting. Plastic removable bezel ring, Lexan lens. Has SF ever done yellow HA-II finishes? The packaging says 'G2' above 'LED'. Perhaps someone else could weigh in on this?

Last edited:

F250XLT

Flashlight Enthusiast
A yellow powder-coated aluminum bezel! :popcorn: Pictures please? I've never seen one.

~ Chance

The G2L's in my pic have the same textured finish you describe, not the smooth shiny HA II.....but the color match is very good.

dajab77

Newly Enlightened
Great collection. How do you like the Tiny Monster?? I saw one at a gun show awhile back. Had a nice feel to it.

Espionage Studio

Enlightened
Very nice! I was about to say "how is the Nitecore TM" dajab77 beat me, so me too. Is that light as good as one would imagine?

F250XLT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great collection. How do you like the Tiny Monster?? I saw one at a gun show awhile back. Had a nice feel to it.

The answer to your question should be obvious in the pic, I own two :twothumbs