Curtain Rail Tri LED

Bordermeister

Newly Enlightened
Hi,
I love the neat design of this light, It is just the size I was after.

I know it sounds like a dumb question, hoever where did you source the curtain rail from. I tried a couple of sources around me but couldn't find anything similar.

I am in Melbourne Australia.

Cheers
Mark

znomit

Enlightened
Mark, I have heaps of offcuts so I'll send you some. :thumbsup:
See my pm.

I've had a nosey around online without luck for this extrusion, but this is similar(not enough room for the leds though) and given where I work its likely thats what it was originally.

Last edited:

znomit

Enlightened
Finally got a beamshot of the triple.

trimtb13.jpg

Beam is perhaps a little wide if anything, lots of light everywhere so can't really complain.
Theres always some improvement to make though....... the battery charging is really a pain. Quad R2 dyno powered light on the drawing board...

Last edited:

znomit

Enlightened
Helmet light up and running!

dualhelmet3.jpg

Pretty compact at just over 3cm long.

Yes, I managed to fit the red leds in the back... They are always on (drawing about 10mA.

Narrow and wide beams:
dualhelmet2.jpg

dualhelmet1.jpg

ktronik

Enlightened
Sweet!!!! so 2 LED?? one narrow one wide?? got a pic form the front??

Love the red...Safety first! :D

K

znomit

Enlightened
Yeah two Q5s. Should be a good upgrade from my minewt. Brighter and lighter. Will post final pics once the carbon sides are on and a front plate.
I usually run a red cateye sl-ld100 on the back of the helmet, makes sense to have an all in one (plus those coin batteries cost me 10 bucks a couple of times a year).

znomit

Enlightened
Nah, my cateye light runs off 2x CR2025. I can ditch that now.

Red LEDs driven from battery, dropping resistor in there, I forget how big.
Micropuck driver is switched after that.

dualhelmet4.jpg

Circuit is duplicated twice, including batteries. 4core cable runs out the back and will keep 4AAs in my jersey pocket, holder from a nighthawk light.

The micropucks are roughly 11x7x7mm, tiny. You can configure them as buck, boost, buck and boost or run two together to double output! Very versatile. And they come in 350, 400, 500mA versions. I had a think about it and decided to configure the narrow beam at 350mA and wide 500mA for extra spill.

ktronik

Enlightened
Aaa the good old micropuck...one of the first drivers you could get from memory... & still a gooden... that & the now huge nflex...

back before 'stars' I was using DIY 5mm white LED headlights...for the some of the front & side mounted LEDs, I would use a flashing RGB 5mm (each side) in series with a 3mm white (front x2)... (7.2v batt & resistor) It was a easy way to get them flashing...& looked pretty too... :grin2:... still got some left... might try it on some uggas...

Keep up the good work mate...

K

Jarl

Flashlight Enthusiast
The micropucks are roughly 11x7x7mm, tiny. You can configure them as buck, boost, buck and boost or run two together to double output! Very versatile. And they come in 350, 400, 500mA versions. I had a think about it and decided to configure the narrow beam at 350mA and wide 500mA for extra spill.

Please explain how you can get them to buck?

znomit

Enlightened
Final Build done.

Next to MinewtX2
dualhelmet01.jpg

Small huh?
dualhelmet05.jpg

dualhelmet04.jpg

Beam has a larger hotspot, not quite as bright as the minewt but a lot smoother. The 6 and 25 seem to combine well. Probably get out for a ride tonight.