Custom Heaven in My Hands

Trident1

Newly Enlightened
Just opened the box with my new Dark Sucks Alpha and the word "wow" is my best description. Jason is one of the newer custom light builders, and after reading his background and a few emails, I knew I had to have one of these lights. Hand made and finished in brushed and polished aluminum, this is truly an 18650 custom work of art. I went through a lot of interaction with Jason on the build and options (thanks for your patience Jason) and ended up with a 5000K XML and TIR optic. I also got his standard reflector in case I wanted to shift to more flood.

I added his titanium clip which seems to have a very nice combo of flexibility and hold. Green GITD tailcap cover and bezel ring (wanted a little color). And, since is a 'made for me' light, I had him engrave my initials on the head - a very cool touch that turned out looking very nice:).

I've only had a chance to turn it on in a dark room, but both the tint and beam are exactly what I was hoping. 3 modes - the high is one of those 'light up a room' powerhouses. Beam is very smooth and with no flaws. Jason's note with my serial number listed this light/LED testing at 531 lumens after 30 seconds in the sphere and 2.789 Amps current. Besides being a work of art (can't say that enough), this is as bombproof a light as you can find - 300 ft underwater for 5 hrs and rock solid drop/shock characteristics.

Icing on the cake - dealing with Jason. This guy is passionate and skilled with these builds. His answers to my questions were always prompt, accurate and very detailed. I think as more people are exposed to both his lights and his willingness to bend over backwards to make each transaction one that you really feel good about - his demand will always be higher than supply. The workmanship on these lights is really something special. I'm just a real happy customer, but I feel like I had to get this post out there to tell all the CPF'ers "guess what I found".

I won't be able to post photos of beamshots or light itself for a while, but my light is every bit as beautiful as the ones in his website. Thanks Jason - you made my Christmas a very merry one

shane45_1911

Enlightened
I am more than pleased with my 5000K XM-L that I received last week, as well. Superb engineering/machining, and - as you have already indicated - Jason is a heck of a swell guy to deal with.

It won't be my last light from him...