• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired CUSTOM QUAD P60 XPG Drop-ins. Up to 1654 Lumen OTF!

benzz

Newly Enlightened
Newby question. I've never put a light together, and was thinking about building a floody 9P to use as a bike light. My question is, it says these can only run on a single cell. Is there one large cell that will fit in a 9p bored to 18mm?

Thank you

Ben

polarion

Newly Enlightened
A bored 9P will take two 18500 cells. As far as I know there exsists no large single cell that fits into a 9P. If you want to use a VanIsle Quad you have to go for a 6P , C2 or Z2. Another possibility is to use a FiveMega 1X26650 host that uses the more powerful 26650 cell.
You can also take a look at Oveready's Triple drop in at 1100Lumen that accept both one ad two Cells.

MrSypher

Newly Enlightened
A bored 9P will take two 18500 cells. As far as I know there exsists no large single cell that fits into a 9P. If you want to use a VanIsle Quad you have to go for a 6P , C2 or Z2. Another possibility is to use a FiveMega 1X26650 host that uses the more powerful 26650 cell.
You can also take a look at Oveready's Triple drop in at 1100Lumen that accept both one ad two Cells.

You can always use a single 18500 with a dummy 18500 cell or a slimmer 50mm dummy cell within a sleeve.. Hope this helps..

Last edited:

benzz

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the help polarion and MrSypher. I haven't bought a host yet, I just have my eye on a specific 9P. My theory was that it would be nice to have long run times with two 18500's in a 9P for bike rides, camping trips, and night time snowshoeing. Does anyone have an approximate run time on high in a 6P host with the 4.2a 3000k Q5?

Last edited:

MrSypher

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the help polarion and MrSypher. I haven't bought a host yet, I just have my eye on a specific 9P. My theory was that it would be nice to have long run times with two 18500's in a 9P for bike rides, camping trips, and night time snowshoeing. Does anyone have an approximate run time on high in a 6P host with the 4.2a 3000k Q5?

I can't help you there but I can tell you that the heat sinking will be a problem with continuous use. If the heat from the drop-in doesn't disperse efficiently, the longevity of the cell won't be the problem, burning something (like your hand) will. But Cryos Cooling Head does what it says. So definitely invest in one of those to go along with your 9P. Sending youa PM..

Last edited:

geisto

Newly Enlightened
I have a bored C2-Cryos-4.2A khatod. On paper, I should get about 30mins of runtime on high with the Callies 2250mah high current cell but I had to shut it down at around 15mins when the C2 got too toasty to hold.

barry

Newly Enlightened
Jesse,
Any news on the CREE, R4 bin XPEs you mentioned a while back? :) I have both an Oveready XPE and XPG triple and much prefer their XPE. Better throw, but still the great spill you get with an optic. I'm really intersted in one of your XPE quads when they become available. However, which optic to select may take some thought. :thinking: Thanks.
Barry

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah- Im curious about the XP-E module too.
Does anyone know offhand what the highest flux in neutral is
for an XP-E?

been quiet around these parts lately.. something new in the works?

VanIsleDSM

Enlightened
Something new always in the works!

I'm still waiting for the R4 XPE. I can get an R3 XPE right now in cool white, and for neutral I can get an R2 flux bin @ 4400K.

It has been quiet around here. Seems most of my orders come from PM these days. I'm going to make a new updated thread pretty quick here.

Free Shipping!

For the rest of November. Get your 5700K S2 bin while it's hot. Standard shipping is free anywhere in the world. USA can add $10 for expediated, tracked, and insured (regular $25)

nc_hooper

Newly Enlightened
VanIsleDSM - Any update on the multiple level Septa? My guess is that others would also be very interested. Thanks.

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was also wondering if there are any single XM-L optics that would fit yer current heatsink/slug thingy?

Maybe drive it ~4amps safely w direct to copper.

Pm me if u don't wanna clog the sales thread.

FETtie update-
Had a Few crashes and some rainy rides with no problems at all. It gets shaken pretty bad on my handlebar mount. I should look into a solid mount rather than the silicone twofish lockblock im using.

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Something new always in the works!

I'm still waiting for the R4 XPE. I can get an R3 XPE right now in cool white, and for neutral I can get an R2 flux bin @ 4400K.

It has been quiet around here. Seems most of my orders come from PM these days. I'm going to make a new updated thread pretty quick here.

Free Shipping!

For the rest of November. Get your 5700K S2 bin while it's hot. Standard shipping is free anywhere in the world. USA can add $10 for expediated, tracked, and insured (regular $25)

I'll be in touch in a few days.

Karl

jtrucktools34

Newly Enlightened
Hey Jesse!

:paypal:

S2 Quad (5700K)
5.6A
Copper Sink
L-M-H 3 Mode driver
Khatod Optic

FETtie x 1ea
+$10 for Upgraded shipping!

Thanks, :devil:
Jtruck

texas cop

Enlightened
Please send me the info and cost needed to order with paypal. Will be ordering from USA Expediated, insured and tracking number.

S2 Quad (5700K)
5.6 amp
Copper Sink
L-H 2 Mode Driver
Carclo Tight Optic
1 FETtie switch

Thank you,

Last edited:

dkman

Newly Enlightened
PM and PP sent for another quad, 5.6 Alu quad S2 5 mode with carclo tight optic and & 3 FETties.

Chrisdm

Enlightened
Wow Jesse, drop-in arrived today and it screams.. I did a little test in the backyard just now, putting this 5.6a 4000k quad up against all my favorite lights... It just blew all of them away. It was like I turned on the sun, drowning out a hard-driven XML and a couple nice triples, all at once! Thanks again,

bugsy714

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Jesse,

Got the package today with the fettie and mp101's quad! Now I just have to talk him into letting me test it haha

Great work as always!!