• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Custom Surefire® Upgrades: McClicky Switches & Tailstanding Shrouds

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Feeler: McClicky upgraded SureFire Z41 Tailcaps

Nice!

I'd be interested in some kits. Maybe just the brass retaining ring for that matter.

kramer5150

Flashaholic

definitely interested, unless the switch can't handle the current. My lights draw anywhere from 1-3A
-Collar
-Switch

Winx

Newly Enlightened

I'm in for two kits. Or just for the retaining rings...

Is unprotected battery usable with this? The spring in McClicky is pretty short compared to netkidz and Surefire clickies. I'm asking this because I've played with McClicky modded Z41 using retaining ring from cheap Chinese tailcaps

Moddoo

Flashlight Enthusiast

Is unprotected battery usable with this? The spring in McClicky is pretty short compared to netkidz and Surefire clickies. I'm asking this because I've played with McClicky modded Z41 using retaining ring from cheap Chinese tailcaps

Yes, they work well with unprotected cells. I have 5-6 flavors of laptop rescues that I have tried.
They all work well with my Triples, Malkoffs, Chinese drops, and Surefire lamps.
These McClicky assemblies' springs reach further into the light than the standard Z41 tailcap.
So, if it worked before, it will work with the upgrade.

definitely interested, unless the switch can't handle the current. My lights draw anywhere from 1-3A

I have been running a light at close to 6 Amps from a single IMR 26500.
Maybe 2 hours of runtime, and countless clicks. It is holding up fine.

Also, I have a Triple with a Buck driver running from 2 18650 (pulls about 1.75A?) 3A to the LEDs. I've used that light a lot, and no issues.

Great offer to go along with your other offerings - dependant on price - but I do have to note (since I've upgraded Z41s myself) that the plastic ring in the surefire switch can be an absolute bear to take out - even after boiling - I've totally ruined one tailcap & only just saved another.

Very nice offering. THe G2 series in particular with a clicky is great.

I have baked these at 300 degrees F to help loosen the glue.
The new tool makes this job pretty easy, compared to the old snap ring pliers technique.

Last edited:

Dutch

Enlightened

Brass rings only as an option please.:D

McClicky's are easy enough to get a hold of...

Can't say how many I want until there's a price.;)

Thanks!
Dutch

tundratrader

Enlightened

I am in for one when you do my C2 bore. I would be interested in pricing a seperate TC though because I wouldnt mind keeping a stock tailcap around just in case. My netkidz worked great never failed to click. I have had a few misfires with my MD2 clickie. The only real surefire clickie I have is on my G2L and it works perfect as well. When I got my new C2 it is just feels weird not to have a clickie these days so you guys are right on time as usual with this. Do you have a potential ETA for these?

Thanks for all the sweet stuff,
Zach

ionizedsky

Enlightened

I would be interested in a kit that has an option to select an extra tailcap cover and with color options. (prefer GID, Blue). I think I have about 4-6 Z41s that I would love to upgrade. Price should be less than 30.00 us dollars. I guess I will start to transfer some money into my paypal account.

frankiej

Newly Enlightened

I'd be interested, price depending. I'd like to see just the brass ring available. If not that, then the switch/ring combo.

RyanA

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm interested in a G2/3 tailcap with a McClicky!

Afraid-of-the-dark

Newly Enlightened

Okay, now I feel like a total noob.

Could someone please enlighten me as to what the advantages of this upgrade would be? (clearly I'm not reading enough CPF lately)

Mucho thanks

Rommul

Enlightened

Great offer to go along with your other offerings - dependant on price - but I do have to note (since I've upgraded Z41s myself) that the plastic ring in the surefire switch can be an absolute bear to take out - even after boiling - I've totally ruined one tailcap & only just saved another.

Very nice offering. THe G2 series in particular with a clicky is great.

By disassembling some lights for the Exotic coating run I learned that some switches have to have the core popped out first then the ring can be unscrewed while one switch had to be screwed out in one piece.

Rommul

Enlightened

I am interested in at least two installed in Z41's with and alternative boot color.

Rommul

Enlightened

You should also explore at the very the possibility of offering these for the large button tailcaps as well.

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast

Very interesting. I'll probably pick up some up ...depending on the price (can't have too many spares)

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic

Amperage
What is the current rating on the McClicky?

As with all our stuff, there will be a 30 day satisfaction guarantee. We will replace returned dead switches that have not be used to power more than 4 amps. 3 amps won't be a problem.

Availability
Do you have a potential ETA for these?

We hope to start preinstalling these in our P, C, Z, and G hosts in the next week.

We hope to have upgrade kits available in the next 2 weeks.

If these prove popular, we will ramp up production accordingly.
As with all our stuff, the goal is continuous availability with the highest possible quality.

You should also explore at the very the possibility of offering these for the large button tailcaps as well.

We have none of the older units to try out, but its unlikely to work as is.
You are welcome to order one to try out and then return under our guarantee.

Price
I think I have about 4-6 Z41s that I would love to upgrade. Price should be less than 30.00 us dollars.

Complete tailcaps will be in the $30's.

Kits will be in the low $20's.

We have no immediate plans to offer just the rings, but they would be in the $10's (teens).

Extra boots will be offered for a nominal price and all kits will include one of any available color.

Value
Could someone please enlighten me as to what the advantages of this upgrade would be?

Most SF lights come standard with whats called a twisty. Push the button for momentary, tighten down the whole tailcap to keep the light on. Twisty's have a number of advantages. Ease of use isn't one of them.

These kits replace the twisty mechanism with one that operates like a traditional flashlight, press a little for momentary, press a lot (until click) to keep it on. Complete clicky metal tailcaps are available, but for $40+.

These cost less while maintaining the original look and color match. Particularly useful with custom hosts and G series lights. Putting a Z59 on a G2, for example, can double its price.

These also work specifically with the McClicky, the preferred clicky mechanism of CPF.

Last edited: