Damascus Tri-EDC

JMP

Enlightened
Re: Photos Of Mac's EDC Lights

These are amazing but I must let this beauty pass. (like so many others.):mecry:

upsidedownviking

Newly Enlightened

Haha! you know you have it bad when it's not the $800... it's the lack of clip that make you pause!

Really cool lights Mac, liking the short runs of one offs, these and the knurlys! what's next?!

JMP

Enlightened

Haha! you know you have it bad when it's not the $800... it's the lack of clip that make you pause!

Really cool lights Mac, liking the short runs of one offs, these and the knurlys! what's next?!

Sadly, it is the $800 dollars. I could live without a clip on one these babies.

Light11

Flashlight Enthusiast

This was my first venture into making some Damascus lights. I'm happy with the outcome but getting there was not fun. This stuff is murder on tooling. Tooling that I have machined 50 titanium lights with did not survive :( These three will be for sale and I will take some pre-orders for people that are interested. Cost per light is $799 and I'm not even sure if I will offer clips as I'm scared to drill some holes and try tapping the material.

Mac

:takeit: just waiting to hear from you Mac...cool white with a clip would be perfect:)

SJPrice

Newly Enlightened
P1060531-vi.jpg

Mac, are any of these still available and if so are they ready for immediate shipping? I assume they are the same spec as regular Tri-EDC. One other question. Are they steel and if so how will they handle heat and day to day use? I am very interested.

dcaprilia

Enlightened
Greetings everyone! I just bought all three lights and Macs not making anymore.... Juussst kidding. Imagine the price of these lights if that were true ;)

fyrstormer

Banned
I keep circling back to look at this. I've always loved the way Damascus steel looks, and these lights are a great example of it. I haven't bought a light in a while now, but these have me seriously considering whether I can afford one. I wish there were a way to get one of these for less than $800, though; as gorgeous as they are and as much as I'd love the opportunity to admire it endlessly, that's a really prohibitive price point.

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
I keep circling back to look at this. I've always loved the way Damascus steel looks, and these lights are a great example of it. I haven't bought a light in a while now, but these have me seriously considering whether I can afford one. I wish there were a way to get one of these for less than $800, though; as gorgeous as they are and as much as I'd love the opportunity to admire it endlessly, that's a really prohibitive price point.

I wish I could offer them cheaper but the cost alone of material is 16x the cost of Titanium and tool wear is 50 times greater along with triple the machine time.

Mac

shado

Flashlight Enthusiast
Macs lights including the Damascus EDC are a bargain among customs! Based on the response to this thread, I don't think Mac will have any problems selling the Damascus EDC!

fyrstormer

Banned
I wish I could offer them cheaper but the cost alone of material is 16x the cost of Titanium and tool wear is 50 times greater along with triple the machine time.

Mac
Maybe you could offer them as an ongoing option, then? If the material is as hard as you suggest, I would have no qualms about carrying it, which is all the justification I'd need to start saving for one.

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe you could offer them as an ongoing option, then? If the material is as hard as you suggest, I would have no qualms about carrying it, which is all the justification I'd need to start saving for one.

I never said the material was hard :) It's surely not soft but just 100 times more abrasive than Titanium.

Mac