Deal Extreme Experience? Credit Card vs Paypal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HKJ

Flashaholic
Why bother dealing with DX

They have lots of flashlight parts and other stuff.

Your do not pay a fortune for shipping (It is probably more interesting for people living outside US, shipping from US is way more expensive than DX).

I have bought a lot of stuff from them and believe that they are ok to deal with (As long as your can accept slow deliveries). But I do not use them when I want good quality flashlights (Some of their expensive flashlights are probably fine, but many of the cheap ones are cheap :)).

Templar223

Newly Enlightened

I have had nothing but positive experiences dealing with DX. Unless they've fallen into the toilet these last few months, I'm not sure what's up.

I will say that some of the stuff they have is junk and you need to thoroughly research your purchases ahead of time.

Their Sure-Fire drop-ins are excellent and their batteries do just fine. Some of their flashlights are okay, others really suck.

But at those prices, I can get some cool Christmas gifts at less than a king's ransom.

John

tsia

Newly Enlightened
@Dualmonitors -You are wrong:
All chinese companies have been closed because of the national holidays between 1-5 oct. It's actually their National day.
http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/holidays.html
Thats why you havn't gotten any answer from them.

I have ordered several times from them with no problem what so ever.
YES it's their national day which is a major holiday in China, and don't expect any one to be work for at least one week. It's like Christmas in USA. :)

Bonky

Banned
Made about 4 orders through DX. The quality of products is not always high but the shipping and packing is fine.

And I too wanted to change an order -- but instead of trying to make a change I simply canceled the order and started a new one with the changes. No problems. Keep things as simple as you can for customer service folks and you'll usually be fine.

Flashfirstask?later

Enlightened
i cannot believe that i have not heard one beep from them in roughly 4 or 5 days now, and after trying nightly (carefully calculating the time difference) calling them, probably by now, in excess of 20 times, each time getting a phone company recording announcing that the phone is "turned off", it is increasingly obvious that my way of "doing business" is incompatible with the demonstrated way of handling customers - at least so far. Unless, of course, it is some national holiday, which it isn't - checked already.
Where did you check about Holidays over there as do you spend any time on the DX forums?. Tiffany posted a thread about the upcoming "Chinese National Day Holiday Schedule" where she mentions "The Chinese National Day (October 1st, 2008) is around the corner. Because DX will be observing the holiday as required by law, warehouse and customer service will be temporarily unavailable from October 1st, 2008 to October 3rd, 2008 (3 days). Our offices will fully reopen on October 4th, 2008 at 9am HKT." and other members there mentioned the Holiday on the DX forum whenever people could not get a hold of DX staff or such. But of course you know now that now with the few other earlier posts about the Holiday. Also they do not work on their weekends.

Why bother dealing with DX (Personally, I'd not deal them even if my life depended on it), when you can buy brand new Inovas at low discounted prices from Battery Junction. Fill a bag with them and ship it to your friend.

Check it out:

http://www.batteryjunction.com/inxledfl.html

http://www.batteryjunction.com/inbose.html

http://www.batteryjunction.com/inmi.html
Not my first choice of lights for the price and then to add shipping to Canada on top. While Inova is a good brand, the Microlights may still be unreliable due to static? as others have reported and also have one myself from June 2006 that is affected.

Last edited:

jackson5

Newly Enlightened
Question about deal extreme

The two items I've ordered from deal extreme have come registered mail and I had to pick them up at the PO. This does not work for me, I need them delivered to the mailbox or door step with none of this signature required business. One of the main reasons I use mail order is for convenience. My PO is way out of my way and very time consuming.

Is there another option I can select at checkout that will allow the product to be delivered to my door without signature required? I'm not overly concerned with the time it takes for delivery, but this business of having to go to the PO and/or sign for the package is unacceptable to me.

Thanks

Marduke

Flashaholic
Re: Question about deal extreme

The only package I ever had to sign for was because I used EMS express shipping, and it was a big package.

All the other small packages were just left in the mailbox, using standard free shipping.

kramer5150

Flashaholic

Its really strange, I have had some DX shipments dropped into my mailbox... and majority of others I had to sign for at the PO? I never specifically requested it one way or the other. I just used the default one. So I think in my case it was a bone headed USPS carrier placing it in my mailbox.

I take the bus to work so my schedule is not ideal either. I am at work the same hours as the PO (9-5:30). My local post office opens its doors around 7:00 AM, there is a pickup window where I can sign for & pick up packages before business hours.

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast

If your order totals $15 or more, you automatically get upgraded to registered air mail which requires a signature.

You cannot unselect it.

The only way to avoid it is to not spend more than $14.99 at a time.

Marduke

Flashaholic

If your order totals $15 or more, you automatically get upgraded to registered air mail which requires a signature.

You cannot unselect it.

The only way to avoid it is to not spend more than $14.99 at a time.

They continue to leave mine in the mailbox >$15

surfinsmiley

Newly Enlightened
I`ve only had great service from DX.:twothumbs

Best part is I`ve never waited more than 2 weeks from order to arrival.

AquaVu

Newly Enlightened
I have placed 7-8 orders with DX and thus far no problems what so ever (knock on wood). Items arrived 2-3 weeks after payment sent. I ALWAYS pay credit card through paypal, and ship it to my confirmed PP address (my home).

I have the same experience as the member above. So far so good and the price unbelievably low. Their customer service via email is very fast and super courteous. The customer service person name was Vicky. I would highly recommend DX to all my friends. Good products @ amazing prices. I'm happy :twothumbs

DM51

Flashaholic
It was not envisaged that this thread would become a platform for members to express their satisfaction (or lack of it) with DX. A question that was asked about payment methods has received a broad range of replies, and those will suffice. Any further questions that there may be about this dealer should be asked elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.