Dedicated throwers

cccpull

Enlightened
That may be the "best" that Dereelight offers, but you can buy EZ900 R2's driven at 2.1A (and only needing one 18650 too) from vinhnguyen54 over at the marketplace (and I have an idea that Nailbender may offer an XR-E drop-in as well).

Has anyone measured the output of the Dereelight aspheric with the XR-E driven at 2.1?
Also, I believe Nailbender commented that there wasn't much advantage in driving the XR-E past 1.4 amps. But I could be wrong.:shrug:

jwyj

Enlightened
I am a fan of throwers too. :thumbsup:
Here are some of my throwers, I have MC-E, SST-50, R2, R5s, warm, cool, and some XM-Ls in them. Plus 1 small orange 6P size.

p1020440p.jpg

p1020441y.jpg

Closer look at the triple heads+small head.

p1020442q.jpg

p1020443z.jpg

Tatjanamagic

Enlightened
Wiiken U did not read a word about this flashlight on CPF :) Millions and tons of reviews of this flashlight on CPF and you are like parachute jumper on CPF.

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm kinda wanting a de-domed XML running ~3.5a w a SMO reflector.
P60 module.
My domed SMO XMLs throw surprisingly well especially @3.5a
I'm wondering how much I would gain by de-doming?

And my neutral XRE 1.7a modded Smallsun is KILLING it!
I left the reflector on so the beam is ugly but doesn't bother me outside.

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has anyone measured the output of the Dereelight aspheric with the XR-E driven at 2.1?
Also, I believe Nailbender commented that there wasn't much advantage in driving the XR-E past 1.4 amps. But I could be wrong.:shrug:

I have a 2.1A EZ900 in my DBS ASP and its stronger than the 1.5A I had previously (can't compare side-by-side though). With the solid heatsinking in the ASP head (and plenty of Arctic Silver on the pill/bezel threads) I'm not worried about overheating. Don't see any drop-off with AW & ReadiLast 18650s, but then I don't run this light for long periods...

Tatjanamagic

Enlightened
It should be same throw or even little better than R2 EZ900 all depends on lenses lottery.

I have tiablo A9 Q5 and A9 R2 with EZ1000 die but Q5 outthrows R2 but not much...

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got a PAlight 123 EDC SS
It has a smooth reflector and XPE that seems to be driven Hard.
Shocking throw for a small quark mini123 sized light.
strange little guy.
Mines a neutral- ~4500-5000k I'd guess.

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am very happy with my Thrunite TN31 and looking forward to more info on the Olight SR95UT. I am assuming that UT stands for Ultimate Thrower.

Sparky's Magic

Enlightened
My Malkoff MD3 Hound Dog XP-G. with 2X18500 AW. cells throws and it is a good sized hot-spot out to about 250yds. In a truly dark situation, it throws a lot further but I'm not in total dark often: This is all I need and I couldn't be happier!

TEEJ

Flashaholic
My Malkoff MD3 Hound Dog XP-G. with 2X18500 AW. cells throws and it is a good sized hot-spot out to about 250yds. In a truly dark situation, it throws a lot further but I'm not in total dark often: This is all I need and I couldn't be happier!

LOL

Lucky then that you don't need a dedicated thrower like the ones discussed in this thread.

:D

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now now that's naughty. Just because it throws less than a Maelstrom G5. It's still better than nothing.

Tatjanamagic

Enlightened
I know that Deerelight factory is testing new EZ1000 R2 driven at 2 amp current.

For now throw goes 90 000 lux...

So if that will work out throw will be same as old one with bigger die...

Oztorchfreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know that Deerelight factory is testing new EZ1000 R2 driven at 2 amp current.

For now throw goes 90 000 lux...

So if that will work out throw will be same as old one with bigger die...

Why put out a thrower that puts out the same amount of lux with the bigger die?

I have the Dereelight Aspheric DBS-T EZ900 with multi mode and multiple batteries and it really throws already.

I think I now prefer my Thrunite TN31 because it gets used more and has useful spill as well as being a monster thrower.

Aspherics have their place but are in a specialty area.

If they make a pill with a bigger lux rating it should be just a case of buying the new pill and fitting it.

LEGO STYLE with Dereelight!!

Cheers

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
I must admit, I am really liking my Thrunite TN31 in combination of my Dereelight DBS aspheric EZ900 R2.

I am waiting for Michael's DBS upgrade :)