DEFT-edc Enthusiast 86Kcd!!!

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
wow, congrats!!!

Now where in the world did you get those AR coated Aspherics:D:D:D:D

Keep up the great work:wave:

Helicycle

Newly Enlightened
Saab, I was able to get one here in so. Calif. But I am still waiting for information to make payment on it. I used the contact page on your website. I also used the print and call option but saw no number listed there, but I did receive an automated invoice also with no contact info. Let me know. Thanks again I also have the Deft enthusiast, Amazing Light!

51mY

Newly Enlightened
Hey Saab any update on when the lights are being shipped?

onthelake

Newly Enlightened
51mY said:
Hey Saab any update on when the lights are being shipped?

I received an email from Michael the other day and he is running a bit behind but hopes to get them out this week. Have patience, Grasshopper.

enomosiki

Flashlight Enthusiast
You are getting one of the twelve lights that will ever go into production. You can't rush a masterpiece like that.

onthelake

Newly Enlightened
I just got my shipping notice! Thank you Saabluster! Completely stoked and can't wait to see what is coming down the road from you.

-OnTheLake

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank You SaaB.
I have witnessed one hell of a show. I am so glad you made these last memorabilia lights. I am proud to have gotten off my kiester and actually participated. I will take care of your EDC Enthusiast. I will use it regularly and treat it with the respect you have so finely crafted into it. I wish you and the family my best. I will post a few more comments upon arrival :).
GL

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
One thing I forgot to tell you all. I will not be shipping these lights with diffusers. Why? Because they don't need them. The lenses used in this light are of such good quality that defocused they have an almost perfect appearance. Very low dispersion. Very clean and clear beam when defocused. Simply unscrew the head slightly. I think you guys will be amazed:)

enomosiki

Flashlight Enthusiast
Seven lights have been shipped. Working hard to get the others out. It was hard packing these lights up. It feels like I'm sending my kids off.

You should've plated it in gold kept one as a trophy in a display cabinet, alongside the DEFT Enthusiast.

fishhead

Newly Enlightened
I got mine last night. Wow. I said 'Wow' a whole lot, especially when I pointing
it and my LR up into the night sky. The light is just beautiful and the beam is amazing.
I am thrilled to have it and will try to find the perfect balance between protecting it and
using it as it deserves to be used. Thank you saabluster - I can't wait to see what
you build next.

(On a lighter note, the DEFT enthusiast also makes a great cat toy. Before going
outside I turned the light on in the house and from out of nowhere my cat throws
herself at the wall where the beam was pointing and then chased it all over the floor
until she was out of breath.)

torva_lupus

Newly Enlightened
Guys, it will be really interesting to publish few pics comparing with other flashlights or even older DEFT versions. Thx

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guys, it will be really interesting to publish few pics comparing with other flashlights or even older DEFT versions. Thx
Oh woes me. I was doing just that the other night. Got all setup for some awsome 600 yard island shots from shore, DOOOUGH, no camera card :(. I will try again soon.

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any comments anyone?
Yes. This is an awsome thrower. I do not have a EDC LR or EDC LR+, I do have a sipek clone zoom.
The sipek clone has more ~ triple the size hotpot and has about 1/5 of the useable throw and is considerably less bright, probably close to 1/3 as bright :). The best feature of the Enthusiast is it's awsome optics. SaaB was dead on with his comments that a diffuser is not needed! I am not a big fan of square images of an emitter, but I can say that these are deffinately different. A couple turns of loosening the bezel, and you have a bright round hotspot! Loosen all the way and the hotspot is three times larger for better upclose work. During my previous attempt at some beamshots and comparisons, the Entusiast holds it's ground against lights that have 4X more lumens. Ex. the SR51 lights up the same target at about 600 yards with simular brightness, only it is a swath of light spread across a much larger area. The Enthusiast shines proudly against other lights with much more output. The tighter beam does out throw most other lights with much more output. Even though other lights 4X as powerful light the same target, they also light a larger area making it harder to see the target itself because of the wider divergence of the beam. I will get some beamshots the next time I am out.
GL

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
I was fortunate enough to snag one of these jewels. I had high expectations seeing the writeup and images. I know what Saabluster's lights can do, as I have 3 versions of his larger DEFT's (with 5 pills), and all 3 of his EDC's. When I got this Enthusiast model, I just admired the workmanship and details for quite a while. I thought it would be a little brighter than the LR+, but my expectations were blown out of the water. The precision sharpness and intensity of this model's focused LED die compared to all the previous DEFT and EDC's seems like it is from another planet, or some "Back To The Future" future Doc Brown creation. I don't know how many of us have all the model versions, but I need to get a single beamshot view showing them all together.

I haven't had anything here at CPF create enough interest for me personally--to make me want to go out and do more shootouts like I used to, but this light REQUIRES that I get it done. I could go on and on (as I did in my email to Saabluster), but what's needed is "the money shot" of them all together. Stay tuned.

makapuu

Enlightened
I was fortunate enough to snag one of these jewels. I had high expectations seeing the writeup and images. I know what Saabluster's lights can do, as I have 3 versions of his larger DEFT's (with 5 pills), and all 3 of his EDC's. When I got this Enthusiast model, I just admired the workmanship and details for quite a while. I thought it would be a little brighter than the LR+, but my expectations were blown out of the water. The precision sharpness and intensity of this model's focused LED die compared to all the previous DEFT and EDC's seems like it is from another planet, or some "Back To The Future" future Doc Brown creation. I don't know how many of us have all the model versions, but I need to get a single beamshot view showing them all together.

I haven't had anything here at CPF create enough interest for me personally--to make me want to go out and do more shootouts like I used to, but this light REQUIRES that I get it done. I could go on and on (as I did in my email to Saabluster), but what's needed is "the money shot" of them all together. Stay tuned.

I remember when you did that shootout.
That was awesome. Thanks for the flashback.
Looking forward to the 2012 version.