Dereelight Night Master Review

Kemp

Newly Enlightened
What would you consider to be the best batteries to use in the night master? I'm going to retire my old 18650's since there losing there "edge" and I ordered a night master a few weeks ago. To be more specific, 1)What would you recomend I use to get the most out of the light? 2x 18650, 4x CR123, or is there something else better? 2)Which fit best in the light with minimal rattling?

I also ordered the EXT650 extension. Sorry for posting battery questions on a review, my eyes hurt from searching for the best combo for 3 hours straight and I don't feel like posting a thread on it just to have somebody tell me to use the search bar(which I seem to spend hours on everyday) :thinking:

Btw, very nice review!

firelord777

Enlightened
What would you consider to be the best batteries to use in the night master? I'm going to retire my old 18650's since there losing there "edge" and I ordered a night master a few weeks ago. To be more specific, 1)What would you recomend I use to get the most out of the light? 2x 18650, 4x CR123, or is there something else better? 2)Which fit best in the light with minimal rattling?

I also ordered the EXT650 extension. Sorry for posting battery questions on a review, my eyes hurt from searching for the best combo for 3 hours straight and I don't feel like posting a thread on it just to have somebody tell me to use the search bar(which I seem to spend hours on everyday) :thinking:

Btw, very nice review!

Hey Kemp,

No worries, I'm here to help:) Speaking from my point of view, 2 X 18650 will give you the most "bang for your buck" and provide longer runtime than 4 CR123. However, you will need 2 X 18650 batteries to have max output, as opposed to 2 CR123. So good choice picking up the extension tube:)

As far as rattling goes, I haven't experienced anything with mine.

If you have anymore questions, let me know,

Cheers:)

Kemp

Newly Enlightened
I'm going to buy AW since they seem to be the favored by most, if I can find some in stock that is.. Do the different capacities only add runtime or do they put out more power? if so what capacity should I get? Protected or unprotected? not good with batteries yet, still learning that aspect of the hobby.

fireonhigh

Newly Enlightened
Im finally ready to pull the trigger but know im confused between the nightmaster and the x searcher..which one is brightest and has the longest throw?

fireonhigh

Newly Enlightened
Wow thanks for all the suggestions..ordered the xsearcher..not worried about geeking this light out. If it wont suit my needs i will spring for the deft x

Kemp

Newly Enlightened
Once my NM arrives I'm planning on ordering the XS. Found the perfect place to test out the throw of my lights. Nice flat field with a tree line 3/4 mi away, would like to do a direct comparison of both side by side when I can.

mpec82

Newly Enlightened
Do you know if the NightMaster head can fit on the NM400 neck section?

Iron Duke

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the effort you have put in. I wonder has anyone tried the coloured LED pills for the Night Master?

Yes ... I've been searching for the maximum throw from a red LED. Homed in on the Night Master. Bought the Night Master, an XSearcher head and a DBS-T head with a red pill too. The DBS-T throws a clean beam similar in range to the Elusive Wildlife Technologies XLR250 Kill Light. Clear precision target engagement at about 75 yards but only about 10 yards of spill. The Night Master red pilled bumps that out to about 90 yards and 10 yards of spill. The same pill with the XSearcher head to 150 yards and about 6 yards of spill. VERY little side lighting with these lights.

Dereelight have another longer-throwing model with a large Aspheric called the XSearcher that looks promising, and it's only a few dollars more than the Night Master.
And it can use the various pills, including the EZ900 pill, all the way up to the XML pill.

Im finally ready to pull the trigger but know im confused between the nightmaster and the x searcher..which one is brightest and has the longest throw?

My tests using a white XP-2G pill, the XSearcher head throws much farther than the Night Master head.

Excellent review with a ton of useful information OP!

Bosse

Newly Enlightened
Hi all.

i have a Nightmaster with the 2MT-S driver. Dare I use an extension tube for an extra 18650 battery with that driver?

Regards

iamthelight

Newly Enlightened
Excellent review and pictures . That is one tight beam, I may have to give serious consideration to this one.

fnsooner

Enlightened
Hi all.

i have a Nightmaster with the 2MT-S driver. Dare I use an extension tube for an extra 18650 battery with that driver?

Regards

Don't do it. You will fry the emitter.

2MT-S driver =two stage output, use a single 18650 = two mode twist, single battery.

2MT-M = two stage output, multi-batteries like 2xCR123A, 2x protected RCR123; 3xCR123A with EXT500 extension tube; 2xprotected 18650 with EXT650 extension tube, single 18650 works but can't get full power = two mode twist, multi battery.

Last edited:

Latest posts