Detonator Extenders Interest Thread !!!

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Detonator Extenders are back in stock and all orders have been shipped!!

Last edited:

Mike Docherty

Newly Enlightened
I got mine. I intend to use it with a bored C2. I was worried about how the ring was going to interact with the C2 pocket clip, but I found that if I just back off a little bit from having the Detonator threaded all the way, the flattest part of the Detonator lines up with the clip. This allows for a relatively smooth draw from my equipment.

I think the best solution in this case would be to have an extremely thin O-ring between the Detonator and the host, to help everything stay put. I haven't been able to find one that would work. Does anyone have any other ideas?

Mike Docherty

Newly Enlightened
I think that the issue is similar to this (post 16):
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...-Impressions&p=3601272&viewfull=1#post3601272

I am looking forward to receiving my Detonator soon, then I will be able to test it out on my C2 & C3 with a clip.

No that's not it. He's talking about the bezel interacting with the clip. I'm talking about the narrowest part of the Detonator lining up with the clip. I don't know how to post photos here, but I'll take some this weekend and try to figure it out.

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
my black Detonator Extender is a real nice piece of work. I picked it up on CPFMP and it's sooooo wide I LOVE it. I'm sure this'll be great as cells go because I have a feeling cells are only gonna start getting fatter and fatter than the 18mm spec but will still be called 18650s, you know?

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
just bought a second black extender. :D

btw TnC: what is the exact diameter of the bore for the Detonators (18mm variety)?

I am gonna be sending a 9P body in to Precision Works and I wanted them to match the diameter to my Detonators because they're nice and wide. mind telling me the exact diameter the 18mm options are bored to?

thanks a lot!

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes to both questions. You will get a tracking number and the 6P and 9P can be bored safely to that size. It is the e-series bodies that I would not bore to that size.

Chris