Detonator Extenders Interest Thread !!!

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast
I purchased a bar of material so I can make plenty for sure. I will need to come in on the weekends to machine them. I will have them in both HA-Black and HA-Natural.

I am planning on machining only 20-25 of both colors.

These will all be made to work with 18mm batteries. They will still work with the standard CR123 batteries also.

Chris

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
I purchased a bar of material so I can make plenty for sure. I will need to come in on the weekends to machine them. I will have them in both HA-Black and HA-Natural.

These will all be made to work with 18mm batteries. They will still work with the standard CR123 batteries also.

Chris

thank you and yazkaz! I'll subscribe to the notify list. :)

yazkaz

Flashlight Enthusiast

Make sure the HA is done right, and thick. Of all MC123 extenders I've acquired during the Lighthound days one of them had relatively inferior HAIII treatment...

Also try to give customers a choice with the inner bore diameter. For the record I only use my Surefires in stock state (ie. without 18mm boring) so I don't need the extenders to be 18mm compatible (I hate battery rattling BTW).

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast
Make sure the HA is done right, and thick. Of all MC123 extenders I've acquired during the Lighthound days one of them had relatively inferior HAIII treatment...

Also try to give customers a choice with the inner bore diameter. For the record I only use my Surefires in stock state (ie. without 18mm boring) so I don't need the extenders to be 18mm compatible (I hate battery rattling BTW).

I guess I will make them standard for CR123's and then just rework as I have been doing for anyone wanting them bored for 18mm. This does make a little sense since I sell about 50% both ways.

Chris

flashlight chronic

Enlightened
e66a12d4-4182-49b3-afd3-b3d24bc060d1_zps7448ee70.jpg
Here's my modded Surefire 6PX w/ a bored out Detonator extender. Thanks!

yazkaz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just curious Chris, how many from the October 2014 batch are still left?

Would be interested in another one or two from newer 2015 batches but only if you can revert the (tail-end) o-ring groove size back to original Surefire specs. The October 2014 batch had different o-ring groove dimensions which required me to have a re-specced o-ring just for these extenders.

@flashlight chronic
LF original hardware (M3-spec head with X-to-M adapter), pretty cool. What bulb are you using with this setup?

flashlight chronic

Enlightened

Would be interested in another one or two from newer 2015 batches but only if you can revert the (tail-end) o-ring groove size back to original Surefire specs. The October 2014 batch had different o-ring groove dimensions which required me to have a re-specced o-ring just for these extenders.

@flashlight chronic
LF original hardware (M3-spec head with X-to-M adapter), pretty cool. What bulb are you using with this setup?
It's the warm tint XML.

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast

I still have about 15 left from that batch. So there is no new batch planned yet.

Chris