dewalt 18v led conversion

frontierman

Newly Enlightened
THIS IS WHAT YOU NEED TO BUY ITS A DROP IN FOR ALL 18VOLT FLASHLIGHT SYSTEMS. GOT MINE A FEW MONTHS BACK, ACCIDENTALY LEFT MY RYOBI IN ATTIC FOR 2 DAYS FLASHLIGHT WAS STILL ON , IF IT WAS THE REGULAR BULB IT WOULD HAVE LASTED ABOUT 4-5 HOURS AT MOST.

http://www.szwholesale.com/3718v-117225-lumens-cree-bulbfbr2-p-1686.html

Hello,

I am a newbie here. I read this post and bought several of these CREE R2 bulbs (FB-R2) to convert my fleet of Ryobi 18V flashlights.

I'm hoping to see photos of how Keyytriger converted his Ryobi light using this CREE R2 BULB.

Or if anyone else has done this upgrade.

Thank you in advance!

BRubble

Newly Enlightened
Re: dewalt 919 18v LED

New to this site,, but after I got my DeWalt DW919 Flexible Neck Work light,, I wanted a much brighter led bulb and this thread is one of the few online that helped me find a very good LED Bulb.
The DeWalt 919 is a Good Light that I got for doing Maintenance & Repair Work on My Truck, Tractor, Machine's, House, Etc., for when I need a light after the Sun goe's down or when I'm working in dark area's around the Engine or underneath the Machine's. The Light come's with a 325 Lumen Xenon that give's off Yellow Light just like Flashlight's of Yesteryear. I knew when I turned it on,, that I wanted a Brighter White Light. NOW FOR THE BEST PART: Thank God for these folk's over in Hong Kong:

http://www.thefusionlite.com/1luledupgrfo.html

I ordered the 1300 Lumen Fusion 48, which brings this Light into the 21st Century. It goe's from a Good Light to a Great Light with Intense Bright White Light. Another Great feature of the Fusion 48 1300 Lumen is that it is rated for 12V to 20V, which mean's I don't have to wait on a fully charged 18V battery before putting it into the DW919.

I really like the DeWalt 919 now,, and the Fusion 48 1300 Lumen is a really Bright White Light with the Center of the Beam more intense than the outer portion of the Beam.

The Price's of the Fusion 48 Led Light's direct link, are a lot less than they are being sold on EBay now,, so I really do appreciate the link's given in this Thread.

It took about 12 day's for the Led to get to me from Hong Kong, which is pretty good time IMO.

For those wanting a much brighter light for their 919,, don't waste your money on the low 100 to 250 lumen led bulb's; go ahead and get what you need to light up your work area with a Fusion 48 led.

They also have a 1600 & 2000 Lumen LED as well for those that need more light, for maybe working in an outdoor type invironment. They also have an economy Led as well for about 18 $'s, but I don't know how well they work, but I can vouch for the 1300 Lumen as I really like it. T
he 18V Battery will run the1300 Lumen Longer because it doesn't use as much energy; So the 1300 Lumen has it's advantage too.

Thank's Again,, and I hope I have added a little bit of helpful information as well,
Barney

Last edited: