Did Santa leave a flashlight?

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
I asked for Rudolph, but Santa wouldn't part with him. No flashlights this year. With Christmas gift money, got a 48 pack of Kirkland AA batteries to run some lights and ordered an 8 pack of Luminiser thermoelectric candle lantern liquid candles. It's kind of cool to be able to warm up a tent while using one light source to power another light source.

Edit: Just ordered a Sofirn HS10 headlight online and got a two pack of Husky 1000 lumen usb rechargeable work lights from Home Depot (under $17 for the two pack).

Last edited:

sween1911

Flashlight Enthusiast
No flashlights this year. Last year was my Streamlight Protac HL 5-X, which I got for my December birthday and counted towards my membership in the "You have a December birthday so that counts as your Xmas present" shaftee club.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
No flashlights this year. Last year was my Streamlight Protac HL 5-X, which I got for my December birthday and counted towards my membership in the "You have a December birthday so that counts as your Xmas present" shaftee club.
That and being born on February 29th....

I used some Christmas cash to buy some ultimate lithium batteries for flashlights.....

bridgman

Enlightened
No new flashlights but something even better - enough cancelled work meetings that I had time to use the lights I already had doing various tasks inside and outside the house.

Surprisingly (to me anyways) the Mag ML25LT 2C has become my most-used flashlight, displacing a Streamlight 3AA Duallie and competing against a Convoy S21 and an older Mag 2C with 18500's and a 6 cell bulb.

I don't have a good understanding yet of exactly why I keep going back to the ML25LT but maybe I will by the end of the holidays.

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
Didn't get any but I haven't been around in ages and decided it's the right time of year to update my collection, I got myself a Olight warrior X3 , which is cool cause I was using a custom light for 2500 lumens but now it's stock and 2500 lumens - time moves on !
Also a lumintop D1 is coming for small cheap locatable usefulness:)

pnwoutdoors

Enlightened
Did Santa leave a flashlight?

No, but a "bug" was placed in my ear, RE the idea of a new Malkoff M361N-LMH Neutral drop-in.

M61_2_d3895685-87d7-4cf6-83c8-fc8fb6b08ac1.jpg

M61_14d6e97d-3d8c-4c5b-b8f9-a5b56bf40e4c.jpg

Attachments

• M61_14d6e97d-3d8c-4c5b-b8f9-a5b56bf40e4c.jpg
    M61_14d6e97d-3d8c-4c5b-b8f9-a5b56bf40e4c.jpg
    352 KB · Views: 64

Talster

Newly Enlightened
Yeah he did. I got a Nitecore TM28. Absolutely blown away with it.

I've got a spare set of the batteries (the same ones that came with the TM28) on order as well as a Nitecore SC4 charger to allow me to charge the spare set up while charging a set up in the torch.

The SC4 will also be a useful addition as I have heaps of NIMH AA and AAA in my house and some Li-on cells too, so another charger will make charging them all easier, as you always end up having more batteries to charge than you have chargers for :)

Poppy

Flashaholic
Yeah he did. I got a Nitecore TM28. Absolutely blown away with it.

I've got a spare set of the batteries (the same ones that came with the TM28) on order as well as a Nitecore SC4 charger to allow me to charge the spare set up while charging a set up in the torch.

The SC4 will also be a useful addition as I have heaps of NIMH AA and AAA in my house and some Li-on cells too, so another charger will make charging them all easier, as you always end up having more batteries to charge than you have chargers for :)
Wow! What a great light!!!
I hope it gives you the giggles every time you turn it on, for years to come.

Talster

Newly Enlightened
Wow! What a great light!!!
I hope it gives you the giggles every time you turn it on, for years to come.
I certainly is. I've managed to use it twice on our after dark nature walks down our local river, and its totally wowed me both times when I put it on 6000 lumens 😮

• Wow
Reactions: hsa

rwolfenstein

Enlightened
Santa gave me a stinger classic with no battery and a traffic control cone for it. (shrugs) I will make good use of it.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Classic as in the incan kind or the first version of LED with the incan shaped head? That's the one I wanted the year Santa brought me a Stinger. He gave me the next version, which is 375 lumens. I've never felt the need to buy any of the newer ones because that 375 lumen one is all I need. Such an awesome flashlight that Streamlight Stinger is, regardless which version.

rwolfenstein

Enlightened
Classic as in the incan kind or the first version of LED with the incan shaped head? That's the one I wanted the year Santa brought me a Stinger. He gave me the next version, which is 375 lumens. I've never felt the need to buy any of the newer ones because that 375 lumen one is all I need. Such an awesome flashlight that Streamlight Stinger is, regardless which version.
I got the classic Incan version. I have plenty of those terralux conversion heads to upgrade as I need to, but the classics are always nice.

rwolfenstein

Enlightened
Nice.
I upgraded (if you wanna call it that) a Strion incan with a TerraLux. Not a bad change but I like the stock version better.
I liked the strion size, but I hated the old Incan versions. Mostly because it didnt come with a clicky tailcap (my preference on handheld lights) and the cap would unscrew on my duty belt. I also lost a couple of baton end caps from that unwinding as well lol.