Ever lost a Flashlight?

Buff

Enlightened
OMG! I just spent 2hours going over all the places in my house i went, looking for my latest greatest Wurkkos FC13. I was sure i clipped it to my front right pocket when i went to pay our electric bill. I never got out the car so just checked around the seat and on the floor.

Last edited:

Buff

Enlightened
I looked in some places I didn't go in the house. (It's a big house) I checked outside were i blew off the driveway with the impending rain coming.
Then with the thought of ordering another one ASAP i checked drive way one more time. It's a big driveway. No joy.

Last edited:

Buff

Enlightened
One more thought was i accidentally dropped it into the garbage bag i put in the can? Like no way NO F…en WAY!
IMG_5302.jpeg

Got any horror stories of lost lights? This one ended well at least.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
I lost dosens over decades, and i'm not counting those i gave away.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Streamlight Microstreams. That one model kept disappearing. I must have gone through a dozen before I stopped replacing them. I liked the 12 lumen version but they kept making them brighter and brighter so I just stopped replaceing them at 30 some lumens.

One day a person at CPF was selling a pair of 12 lumen versions. I thought "why not?" and bought them. Stuck 'em both in a dresser drawer and a year later one of those was gone too.

Not long ago I bought a red body one....so far so good.

I'm one of those OCD (technically, OCPD) freaks who uses a pen until it runs dry. And even then, I replace the ink cartridge and keep using it. That aside, the only flashlights (or pens) that I've "lost" have been the ones that I've loaned or given to people. (I keep a singularly cheap spare pen in my pocket these days for such people, and they can use their cell phone for a flashlight.) If you loan a pen to someone, the longer they keep it the more "theirs" it becomes. It's not the same with flashlights, and I've gotten back all that I've loaned, but one must be careful to whom one extends his generosity. There is a somewhat (but not entirely) comprehendible mindset that states, "If he gave it to me, it must be cheap and expendable so why should I care?" (Also, *spoiler alert*, some people are just idiots.) For example, a few years ago I "built" a work light for a much younger and less financially sound maintenance coworker from a SolarForce host and a Customlites/Nailbender drop-in. Most of you know that both brands have been defunct for a couple of years (I hope that Dave Lemert - Nailbender - has simply retired for he was a really good guy). But, to the point, my coworker - we'll call him "Beavis" for emphasis - lost the flashlight shortly after I gave it to him. So, to answer your question, I have never lost a flashlight so far as I can recall, but I have had them lost for me! I'm glad that your searching paid off, Buff.

s.e.acree1990@gmail.

Newly Enlightened
I lost a brand new Surefire P2x Fury. I had it maybe a week, and left it under a house crawl space I was working in after a exhausting day. I came back as soon as I realized I left it a few hours later, and it was gone. It had to of gotten taken by another worker after I left.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
I've told this story before but for you new guys😁 when I was into HDS lights back when they were HDS I dropped one of mine in the back yard. Couldn't find in anywhere. I knew I had the locator beacon on so I waited till dark climbed up on my roof and spotted in in under a minute😁. I forget which one it was but was sure happy I found it.

rwolfenstein

Enlightened
I lost a maglite AA on a camping trip. It was too bad because it was the only 3 cell AA LED maglite I have ever owned. That was the same trip my petzl headlamp got lost in the lake. Quite disappointing indeed.

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
I kept losing my Surefire Furies out of my back pocket whenever I sat down. Fortunately, I have a sharp-eyed better half that would spot it and bring it to me.

Then there was the time I loaned my 3D Maglite ML300LX to my trucker relative, and they left it at a truck stop. I loved that light... Anyway, they replaced it with the Maglite 4D ML300L long life flashlight, which I still have.

If I have lost any others, I have forgotten them. Well, other than the flashlight that I had as a boy...which is probably still around the house...somewhere.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Lost very few over the decades. Could count the lost ones on one hand, and still have fingers left over. BTW, garbage-man nearly got himself a nice light. 😉

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think I ever lost a light. However, my kids lose the 3 they have access to on a daily basis lol. I took my son for a walk after dark today, and before we left I had to search the whole house to find one of their lights for him.

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did drop a Bones in a 25' deep (live) sewer manhole one day. I didn't want it back. Really didn't consider that losing it though because I knew where it was.

The one I use now has a wrist strap.
PVC pipe with a lense fastened to the bottom and a grabbing tool. I would have gotten that Elzetta back. They make a lanyard ring for them IIRC.

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've lost two, somewhere around 2006-2008. One was a CMG Infinity Ultra and the other was a heavily used Surefire E1L. Still have no idea where they went. Don't think I ever took the CMG out of the house, and nobody I spent time with ever mentioned finding the E1L. I have hope for the E1L someday but the CMG prolly's been eaten by its battery by now.

Poppy

Flashaholic
I did drop a Bones in a 25' deep (live) sewer manhole one day. I didn't want it back. Really didn't consider that losing it though because I knew where it was.

The one I use now has a wrist strap.
Oh Bro, I'm sorry to hear that you lost your Bones. I remember when you first got your first one and how happy your were with it. I hope it wasn't that one.