DiveRite 10w HID to Aspheric XM-L

hypertech

Newly Enlightened
I thought that might be it. Now I just need to find one in the US. Shipping is really expensive for just one, so maybe he has someone in the US reselling for him.

350xfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought that might be it. Now I just need to find one in the US. Shipping is really expensive for just one, so maybe he has someone in the US reselling for him.

I ship USPS in an envelope and can get a lens around the world for $3-5..

JoelSim

Newly Enlightened
Hi Packhorse,

Thanks for sharing your lighting plans and executions, I'm finding them quite helpful.

A couple of questions regarding this mod:

1. Since this build have you found anything badder and brighter for the same design?
2. What are the internal dimension you're working with in the Dive Rite head? And the length and diameter of your unit ready to drop in (heatsink, optic, delrin holder, etc)

Just trying to get an idea if this mod is going to work for my light head. The dimensions I have to work with behind the factory lens are:
63-64mm in length
35mm diameter

It looks to me from your photos that these measurements are likely quite similar to the Dive Rite head!?!?

Thanks for your time in advance,
Joel.

Packhorse

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry Joel I dont know the length of the assembly. I think you should be able to squeeze it into 60mm though.
Diameter is about 35mm ( maybe 34mm??)

Badder and brighter? Triple XML from cutter consumers more power, has a lower lux, costs more ( thats the badder part) but produces up to 3 times the lumen ( there is the brighter part).
Other combos offer other pros and cons.
XML with a reflector will have a tighter spot but also add some spill light ( all depending on the reflector)

JoelSim

Newly Enlightened
Hey Packhorse,

Thanks for your response.

Yeah I was looking at the triple XML that Betti had done also. I'm thinking I might have a play with the single first though and see what the outcome is. From your shots it looks like it's a good amount of light.

"XML with a reflector will have a tighter spot but also add some spill light ( all depending on the reflector)"

I think I'll stick with the aspheric here. Diving here in Norway is (more often than not) dark, murky and rusty so I could do without too much spill.

Cheers again.
Joel.

girdles

Newly Enlightened
Hi
If using the KD7 super output p7 driver pictured would I need to change my existing 9 cell nimh battery? The battery produces 13.2 volts at full charge.
Can I get the same results using a DX Aspheric ?
Thanks in advance

Packhorse

Flashlight Enthusiast
Battery should be fine.
No you will not get the same result with a different aspheric. You will get a different result. May be better may be worse.

girdles

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for reply
Ordered
35mm*35mm Aluminum Textured/OP Reflector for Cree LED Emitters (2-Pack)
Item Number 14599$5.98 USD1$5.98 USD30mm Optical Glass Lens for Flashlight/Spot Light
Item Number 43045XMLAWT 1000-Lumen LED Emitter White Light Bulb (3.0~3.5V)
Item Number 51989XM-LT60 1000LM LED White Light Emitter with 18mm Base(2.9~3.5V)
Item Number 54704XPG-R5 488LM 6300K LED White Light Emitter (3.2V/1500mA)
Item Number 58370

Driver from Kaidomain High power p7 drivers x5

Want to improve on the 10watt HID didnt have much luck using the Quad xpg from led-tech