Do that TWIST or Do that CLICK for Pierce M10

Pierce Light

Newly Enlightened
Opinion poll:
There has been alot of discussion on whether the Pierce M10 should come in a tactical format (push button). Here is your chance to chime in.

All right guys, I have modeled both the original and one that would have a replaceable switch (which means you can fit the Terra Lux switch, or the Ram Instrument switch, or the Kroll - basically anything that would fit a mini Mag Lite).

Do you guys really think it's worth the extra length? Also, do you think the body is just as nice looking as the original? Let me know your opinion.

tailcap1.jpg

notailcap.jpg

This is just a concept model. We currently do NOT offer the click version but do appreciate your feedback.

liqht

Newly Enlightened
i like clickies, but i'd say that pretty much wrecks the design of the light.

mafeya

Newly Enlightened
the current design of the pierce m10 is nice and the clickie just spoils it. but are there any new clicky designs? also...i think a clicky is worth the extra length...

Last edited:

Dandrop

Newly Enlightened
I like the twist. Keep the M10 small, bright and simple. Just a thought, add a hole for a keyring .

vortechs

Enlightened
Perhaps the clicky design should be on a longer body designed for a larger batery, like a 17670 cell.

This issue reminds me of the JIL-CR2 series. The basic configuration is the tiny CR2 twisty body, but there are optional 1AA or 2AA bodies that can take a Kroll switch.

Hope that helps.

FirstDsent

Enlightened
In general, I like clickies more than twisties. However, for a small EDC I find the shorter length is preferable to one long enough to house a clickie. I keep my Amilite Neo in my pocket, but I wear my Nuwai Q III in a holster because it it too long to be comfortable in my pocket.

I believe the Q III is roughly analogous to the M10 in size with the clickie. I would still EDC it, but not in my pocket like the twisty version.

Regarding the design, I think it looks awkward that the tailcap has a substantially smaller diameter than the battery tube. If you extend the battery tube past the threads like a shroud, you can use a kroll easily and other two switches may be roughly flush. There's the possibility of tailstanding using one of the latter.

Whichever design you go forward with, I feel a transitional element like a flair would make the tail less awkward at the cost of overall pocketability. But as stated, it won't really be pocketable anyway. I'd like to see a model of one with a flair. McGizmo has gotten away with that for years on his McLux and Aleph lines as an example. Some of his earlier ones use a Kroll switch.

Bernie

fluorescent

Enlightened
I would stick with the twist and the small form factor. I would concentrate on getting rid of the optics.

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello Pierce Light:)

I would stay at the twistie.
But I would prefer, to change the brightness levels outside, perhaps due to twist the head.

This would be a great bang and could deliver much more customers.:)

Best regards

____
Tom

Spudman

Enlightened
Long John said:
Hello Pierce Light:)

I would stay at the twistie.
But I would prefer, to change the brightness levels outside, perhaps due to twist the head.

This would be a great bang and could deliver much more customers.:)

Best regards

____
Tom

I agree. The twistie is not difficult to turn off and on, but the same cannot be said of changing the brightness levels. I would concentrate on making brightness levels on the fly before worrying about a clickie.

indenial

Enlightened
There's something to be said about instant on/off, but the only "clickie" I like is Mr. Bulk's design. I'd stick with the twisty, and redesign the the two-stage mechanism as suggested. Nice light!