Do you carry a flashlight during the day?

dss_777

Enlightened
Arc-AAA on the keyring, always, and in my day bag an e2e (winelight version) with Valiant concepts head and Malkoff M61LL. Surprisingly, the Arc still works well even though it's no longer the new kid on the block, and the purple body/black head Surefire is an ugly little bugger, but the runtime and light is exquisite. Wouldn't trade either one... :thumb:

papajoe

Newly Enlightened
Actually, this thread is amusing. If this question had been asked twenty years ago, the answer would have been 99 percent - no! Today, the answer is 99 percent yes (at least on this forum). Sooooo, yes, a Preon II in my shirt pocket. The real question is, "If you can carry a dependable 100+ lumen light no larger than a cheap ball point pen.....Why wouldn't you ?

Cheers, Joe

blackbalsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Always at least (2) most of the time more. I usually rotate some of my lights but i almost always have a Milky modded Bitz, Milky modded Pierce and lately my new Milky modded e1 Blender with xm-l. Other most carried McGizmo haiku xp-g warm, Mcgizmo Sapphire mule, Milky 120p, Milky boxter, Liteflux lf2xt, and Milky Gossamer. Seems like i always have to have a Milky with me even if i'm at home on CPF during daylight hours (very useful mods).

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I figured that most flashaholics on this website would answer "yes" to this question but I would like to know "what" they carry and "why" they do so.

I EDC two lights on my person as a way of preparing myself in case of a power outage or, if worse comes to worse, a street assault. Flashlights are great defensive, illuminating and multi-purpose tools that I think we should all appreciate and equip ourselves with.

I carry a 4Sevens Quark AA-2 (Regular) S2 Edition, always with bezel tightened for instant access to Max mode when unholstered, and a micro "Investors Group" LED light on my keychain. Sometimes I will have my Rayovac SE3AAAMN-B flashlight in my backpack as well.

What do I carry?

Zebralight H51w and Fenix E05, day and night and everywhere. Both are hidden out of sight.
IMG_6430.jpg

Why do I carry these lights, the H51w particularly? The Fenix E05 is just a backup. Let me show you why.

I own about six lights, but my H51w is the only one that lets me do all these:

As flashlight
IMG_6393.jpg

As headlamp
IMG_6407.jpg

As overhead light
IMG_6404.jpg

As neck light
IMG_6281aa.jpg

As shirt light
IMG_6113.jpg

As rap light
IMG_6258.jpg

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Were you in Central LRT Station a couple months back? I saw a bunch of maintenance guys there down on the tracks, one of whom had a decently bright flashlight.

On the subject of the thread itself - I ALWAYS carry a flashlight. I keep an iTP A3 around my neck, a Solarforce L2 1x18650 in my pocket, and my Thrunite Cat V2 XM-L in my backpack. I do AV work at a university, so I'm constantly in need of a flashlight. The Catapult doesn't see much use, but it's fun to impress my co-workers with it.

Last September was the last time I was down in the LRT tunnels under the UofA

FenixTxM3

Newly Enlightened
I carry my Fenix PD31 day and or night. Never know when you will need to look in a dark space, or annoy someone with the strobe.

Theknifereviewer

Newly Enlightened
I always have a Light on me because you never know what may happen. If your in a room with no windows like a office if the power goes out it will be dark, and some times when i have to work on my car just because its light out behind the engine is still dark. I usually cary my lumapower incenDio V3+ but i just bought the JetBeam BC10 and that should come tomorrow I hope and then that will be my EDC.

Xplaced

Newly Enlightened
I carry a 4Sevens Quark Mini 123 XML Edition. It's been pretty awesome for me. Just throw it in my pocket and leave it there all day.

I work with computer hardware a lot, so when I'm looking in a case or behind a desk or something like that, I use it regularly even during the day. The low to medium settings are pretty much all I use.

When I'm out at night, I'll throw it on bright for a cool flood beam. Such power from a little light!

smflorkey

Newly Enlightened
Left front pocket almost always has a SureFire Aviator because it is flexible. I use it to look for things in the shadows and to inspect toilet seats for little liquid presents from the previous user. :sick2:

My keyring has a Photon so I can lend a light that might not come back. The keyring also has a Scorpion Finder, mostly for fun; it seems to be the wrong wavelength for most practical uses in southern California.

In my bag is a Sgt. Burkett with a diffuser that can light a whole room when the power goes out. Or I can take the diffuser off for fair throw. There is also a Streamlight Stylus for more subtle light.

There is a Pentagon Light clipped to the handle of the first aid kit in my car. Inside the kit is a SureFire E1W for tasks like checking pupil response that need a lot less light.

Last edited:

LedTed

Enlightened
Yes, I carry one NiteCore D10 all day and have another D10 as a backup.

While in training at my new job, I use my D10 to help me see what I am learning. My personal FL is the best on the floor.

If course, the D10 is the perfect FL to use to check the slippery sidewalks while heading to work.

Besides those two main uses, EDC'ers will contest a sundry of other, albeit sometimes short, daily uses for a FL as well.

crizyal

Enlightened
When someone who knows me well asks me how many lights do I have on me right now, I usually sidestep the question. When they re-ask, I usually sheepishly answer 3 or 4 depending if I have my coat on (daytime). If I know I will be out in the sticks after dark I will bring the big guns. Yup I am a flashaholic! By the way I have mistakenly called myself that in the presence of the un-aflicted and received very strange looks.:shakehead

Illum

Flashaholic
I have to carry my SF l4 in my right pocket because it holds the wallet up...so yes, its with me whenever, where-ever.

A couple other lights I told along in broad daylight is a L0D-CE Q4 on the keys, a E01 on the USB drive, a L2S on the bolt in its holster, and a SF M3 with a seraph P7 head in my left pocket. Why? because where I go windows are optional and few contractors bother to put them in.

kashmir

Newly Enlightened
Streamlight Nano on my keychain. I don't carry a light on my person when i'm at work (grocery store) but any other time I leave the house I grab an EDC depending on where I'm going and what I'm wearing. Dress clothes or an evening out I'll grab a small light like my Orb raw Alu or my Nitecore EZ CR2. Blue jeans or casual wear I carry something a little bigger, sturdier, and more powerful/versatile.

licht55

Newly Enlightened
This is a very good turnout! 43 replies in 24 hours!!! Wow, we truly are flashaholics!

For those who carry Fenix LDs, 4Sevens lights, and many other models, do you keep your flashlight bezel tightened during the day (instand acces to Maz/Turbo and Strobe) or loosened (low modes come first)?

Usually I just carry a 1 AAA EDC light, currently an iTP A3 EOS Upgraded. It is small and while its twist switch does not have a well defined switching point it usually does not switch on unintentionally in my pocket, exhausting the battery.

When I expect to walk in the dark for extended time I often carry a Fenix LD20 R4 in a holster in the "bezel loosened" mode.
I hope I will never come into a self-defence situation.

Gaffle

Enlightened
HDS High CRI sits in pocket everyday. I have been thinking about whether or not I will change the programming for summer....

Mtbmurf

Newly Enlightened
1caf8810.jpg

Some EDC
But add sunwayman v10r, jetbeam rrt-0 and a quark 123-2 ti to the edc rotation list...
Home at night i toss my quark mini 123 ti in my shorts pocket with a cobra gid and orange paracord lanyard i braided....
4 months ago never carried a light on me. Then in home depot i found the new xl100 maglight ( i always had maglite in my cars) and then i found cpf shortly there after. I gifted a bunch of mag xl50 for xmas so now my dad and bro in law edc daily too... Lol... Then i got addicted to shiney bright objects on cpf and now i have a 'problem'
But i shiney my light everytime i can....you'd be suprised (well maybe not our cpf friends) at how many times a light comes in handy daily... Oh and then theres my thrunite ti-key on my keys....

Last edited:

LG&M

Enlightened
Only on days ending in Y.

Only on days ending in Y.

I EDC a AA light and sometimes one more.

afdk

Newly Enlightened
I carry a Surefire E2Dl in my Attaché, and a Fenix LD01S on the Keychain.

Last edited:

al93535

Newly Enlightened
I carry one light with me whenever I have my pants on. It's the quark aa regular UI running on a 14500. I carry it for whatever reason might present itself. I sometimes need it at work in a dark warehouse as well.