Do you carry a flashlight during the day?

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mule in my left pocket. I wear suits though and I find it hard to carry.
how (what)do you wear yours?
Suit or sportcoat EDC has caused me to really appreciate 2 AA (Quark mini AA2)or 2 AAA (Preon) penlight carry. Being able to EDC 2AA/2AAA LED with clip inside jacket pocket can replace a belt/ holster EDC. getting away from a belt/holster EDC to an inside the suitjacket pocket EDC sometimes means changing the EDC light to utilize the positive aspects of penlight suitpocket carry. carried like a pen in the same place, held like a pen it remains unseen until needed. It's pretty cool to reach inside a nice jacket /suit and produce a beautiful looking light.
My current belt EDC AA/14500 is a Sunawayman L10A inside a fenix p1 holster. I'm waiting on a blue head/ yellow body/ blue end cap Preon 2AAA for an inside the suitjacket pocket EDC.

Last edited:

Big Sam

Newly Enlightened
Yeah. I carry every day. All day. Models have varied over the last decade but now it's a Zebralight SC600. Save but long distance work, it does it all. Rides in my front right pocket most of the time.

JacobGreen

Banned
In general, i don't carry flashlights during the day. I will carry my flashlights keychain all the way. It is just in my keychain. Very tiny and useful. It can also be used as decoration.

geoff538

Newly Enlightened
I usually carry a Quark AA Tactical, R5 or.... Sunway M10A, Thrunite 1A, Quark 123² XM-L Tactical, Xeno EO3 (in other pocket), if I have enough room in a jacket pocket I'll carry one of 5 different Jetbeam IIIM's.... I usually try to carry one with a clip in my front right pocket, and a smaller one without a clip in my right pocket, ie. the Xeno EO3 or Quark Mini AA.

ciccio90

Newly Enlightened
everyday i carry the zebralight H600 in my jacket, pockets ab and in my small bag my olight m20 with drop in XML U2...wtih 4 soshine 18650 for replace it, and moreover other EDC and stuff such leatherman surge

TadpolePilot

Newly Enlightened
I carry two.

Fenix PD 20 and SolarForce L2P (18650 x 1) on a neck lanyard I made to fit it.
I always use the L2P because it is so handy. I even forget I have the Fenix because it is on my belt in it's holster, so small and light. May give it to a grandchild. I can say I never use it.

chtaube

Newly Enlightened
I always carry a Fenix P1D on my keyring. But one flashlight is equal to no flashlight, so I have either a Fenix P2D CE or a Zebralight SC600w in my jacket pocket. And there is currently a high CRI 4Sevens MiNi 123 on the way... :)

garbman

Newly Enlightened
In my keychain i have a Maratac SS for general use.
In my pockets a Spark ST5 190NW headlamp because i usually needed when i check the UPS machines,
which most of the time are placed in warehouses with not so much light.

Wildy

Newly Enlightened
Yes, I always have my H51 in my jeans pocket. Also, a LM Charge TTi on my belt.
I work in IT, so it gets a lot of use everyday.
Also, I carry a T20C2 in my EDC backpack from time to time (along with a couple of Eneloops and an emergency first-aid kit).

OT: This and my LM was a lifesaver when I needed to deal with those ProLiant torx screws - but the quality of those bits sucks balls. :naughty:

ClassicGOD

Newly Enlightened
I always have my Charge TTi and either a Sunwayman V10R Ti or Eagletac D25C Mini Titanium in my pocket.

wollie88

Newly Enlightened
Im carry'ing a olight tc15ss with a warm white xpg and a 800ma multi mode driver. Its a bit heavy because its stainles steel, but it can take a serious beating.
This thing is with me day and night, even when i'm out during the day, you never know when you need it.

JulianP

Enlightened
I carry an ITP EOS 3a SS AAA. I am often in lifts, basements, car parks, shopping centers and places with no natural light. It would be a bit embarrassing for a CPF member to be left in the dark.

ficklampa

Newly Enlightened
In my pant pocket I always carry my Leatherman Monarch 200. Use it every day almost. I work with computer repairs so it is good for lighting up the insides of a computer. I also carry a Surefire 6PLD in my jacket though not sure what to do with it during the summer. Probably drop it in my bag, in which I also have a Zebralight H51Fw.

Flashlight Enthusiast
yup, two is one and one is none, so I carry 2

photon II always
and
a Lummi Wee or a KuKu 40DD

in the car is always a headlamp, and also some type of Fenix/Novatac/4Sevens light

wordwalker3

Newly Enlightened
Yes, I carry a thrunite 1c all the time in a belt pouch with my wallet, I'm a respiratory therapist, the thrunite 1c is excelent for patient acessment, especially checking the back of a patients airway. Lately an ultrafire UF T50 as well, in my left pants pocket. The switch is up front, reminds me of a ZL. It is shorter than a 6p and more budget friendly. It's dark when I leave home in the morning and when I return at night. And you're fight....this is a silly Question.

stona

Newly Enlightened
I always have my Charge TTi and either a Sunwayman V10R Ti or Eagletac D25C Mini Titanium in my pocket.

Funny, I do almost the exact same thing. Belt carry a Charge TTi and Sunwayman V10A on my right side.

JulianP

Enlightened
Funny, I do almost the exact same thing. Belt carry a Charge TTi and Sunwayman V10A on my right side.
I wish people stopped talking about the Sunwayman V10A. I am way over my flashligh budget for 2012, yet I am so tempted to buy the Sunwayman. Every time I talk myself out of it, someone else posts about how good it is.

Edit: I've cracked. I just ordered the SUNWAYMAN V10A Cree XM-L T6 LED AA /14500.

Last edited:

geoff538

Newly Enlightened
Well, since it just arrived in the mail about 15 minutes ago.... my NEW EDC main light is a Dark Sucks Alpha w/ MCE. Man, this thing is beautiful!!!! Built like a tank, and no BS, easy to use UI. I LOVE THIS THING!!!! NOW, I just wish I could afford the solid copper one........ for "back-up".