Do you reflow? toaster, hot air, or reflow oven?

KDM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use this two burner hotplate and IR temperature gun. I set one burner for my preheat temperature and the other for my flow temperature. Following the manufacturer flow times and temperatures along with solder paste I've had great results. Picked it up from Walmart for about $20-30 bucks.

jason 77

Enlightened
I just got this in the mail today. After testing it out on some cheap LEDs and stars I had lying about, it looks like it will work great!
2015-02-24%2B16.26.18.jpg

2015-02-24%2B16.26.26.jpg

KDM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looking good! I really like my hot plate setup, one thing I want to do is put a thermostat controller on it. The cut in and cut out temperature differential is a bit to spaced apart. I just keep a check on the surface temperature with the infrared gun and adjust it accordingly for now.

jason 77

Enlightened
Looking good! I really like my hot plate setup, one thing I want to do is put a thermostat controller on it. The cut in and cut out temperature differential is a bit to spaced apart. I just keep a check on the surface temperature with the infrared gun and adjust it accordingly for now.

Yeah my set up could use a thermostat controller on it, I use a infrared gun on mine as well. It is still way better than my old way of using my soldering iron, Thanks for the idea! :D

Latest posts