DQG SPY ?

derfyled

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone has some info on this light ? Seems very interesting, small, titanium, 2 level, available in NW. DQG TITANIUM SPY ). It might be the smallest light ever with an high power LED, the battery is a 10180.

It looks like an all flood light... and a little gem that will end up on my keychain...

:popcorn:

Last edited by a moderator:

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Better be pretty good for the price. Also, the trit seems a bit exposed, but nothing some more Norland's wouldn't fix.

how did this slip past, I didn't hear a thing about it?

Last edited:

compasillo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a couple on the way but they're taking too long from Singapore. As soon as they arrive I'll post a quick review.

derfyled

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ordered one but the dealer was away for Chinese New Year. I hope to receive it soon, this could be the ultimate keychain light for me...

derfyled

Flashlight Enthusiast
WOW ! The same day I wrote about it, I received it ! :huh:

INCREDIBLY small, ridiculously tiny!!!

I'll post pictures when I'll be back home but for now, I can clearly say that I've never seen a light so small. OK, maybe the Firefli (or the TIfli...) but with a high power led, the only close contender I'm aware of would be the Drake...

derfyled

Flashlight Enthusiast
Quick dirty pics just for you guys to get an idea of the size... Will give more details about the light soon.

qhfa.jpg

6z8h.jpg

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got mine this morning. It is crazy small - smaller than a Peak Eiger 10180. The UI is ok - tighten to L and keep twisting to H. There are not a lot of threads and I hope the head doesn't fall off when the light is off. I prefer the way Tain lights do it - tighten to off, loosen to L and keep loosening to H. The threads feel a little gritty and I expect that better lube and use will help. Bright, floody beam with nice tint. The trit was installed by the factory - it doesn't sit in a groove and I hope it stays in place. Not bad for the price.

bedazzLED

Enlightened
Mine just arrived and I have to say, this light is so tiny!

It's just over an inch in length, has a brass reflector and is all flood, not much throw. But it certainly is bright for it's size!

The threads were a little gritty but after a clean up and light greasing they are silky smooth now.

If I had to pick one fault, it would be the o-ring. Mine arrived with a broken o-ring but there were two spare ones in the box. However, they are very small and quite difficult to put on.

I always wanted to get a Lummii Wee, but we know how that turns out :-(. so I was absolutely stoked when I saw this light.

Lummii Wee Ti comes in at 34mm, 150 lumens, and around $195 Australian.
This one comes in at 27mm, 200 lm and $55. Looks like Lummii website will have to change its webpage as it's no longer the worlds smallest and brightest.

1 Lummii Wee = 3 DQG Spy's and a little change left over. I'll have to order two more.

derfyled

Flashlight Enthusiast
So far... I LOVE it !

The UI is great, I love the progressive twisty. The machining is not McGizmo but still very nice, no too-sharp edges. The trit seems very fresh since it's very bright. I'll cover it with a lot of Norland because it can be easily broken exposed as it is. The threads, once lubed, are very smooth.

I took the NW version and I'm pretty sure it is not an XP-G2, unless CREE recently changed the green plate to white. By the tint and the look of the LED, I'm sure it's a 219A. Even better in y opinion. And, beleive me, for such a small guy, this thing is freekin' bright !!!:faint:

The 10180 cell is a VELENO DESIGNS one.

For me, it's definitely a keeper...

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
So far... I LOVE it !

The UI is great, I love the progressive twisty. The machining is not McGizmo but still very nice, no too-sharp edges. The trit seems very fresh since it's very bright. I'll cover it with a lot of Norland because it can be easily broken exposed as it is. The threads, once lubed, are very smooth.

I took the NW version and I'm pretty sure it is not an XP-G2, unless CREE recently changed the green plate to white. By the tint and the look of the LED, I'm sure it's a 219A. Even better in y opinion. And, beleive me, for such a small guy, this thing is freekin' bright !!!:faint:

The 10180 cell is a VELENO DESIGNS one.

For me, it's definitely a keeper...
It's a xp-g2 in the dqg spy. The old xp-g got the green "plate". xp-g2 got a silver.

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 10180 cell is labeled Veleno Designs. But it is white - the 1080s that came with my DD are blue.

It is tiny and very bright.

I've been playing with it at work. Noticed that they forgot to install the o-ring. Luckily they provided several O-rings in the box. I'll clean the threads, put in the o-ring and lube tonight.