• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired === Drake / Draco Payment === (PART 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DM51

Flashaholic
Kier said:
For those of you who have a draco already, is it easy to tell when you should be recharging the battery?
Kier said:
I don't have a multimeter, and find it a bit ridiculous to have to check every day to make sure the battery is above 3V (or whatever it is).

Too bad the draco doesn't do something like blink when the voltage is too low. Anyways, back to my question: Is it easy to tell when the battery is low? I'll be wearing this around my neck and I'd like to not have any Li-Ion 'issues' in such a vulnerable position
If the setting for the beam is high, then it is quite easy to tell when the battery is getting low – it visibly begins to fade, and when it starts doing that you should stop using it at once and recharge it. On a low setting this will NOT be easy to spot, as the current draw is less and the battery will continue to provide power even when it reaches a low safe limit.

The best thing is to recharge little but often. For example, if I use mine for only 3-4 minutes on high one night, I recharge it the next morning anyway. Even if it has only dropped to maybe 3.9v, I recharge it. Pull it from the nanocharger as soon as the light goes green and it will be below 4.2v. I hope to get 500+ cycles out of each cell, and I have 2 spare cells ($4.50 each, IIRC). The extra small charges aren't going to shorten their life, if anything they are going to extend it, 500 cycles = a long time, and $4.50 is pretty cheap for something that may last 2-3 years.

I would however very strongly recommend you should get a multimeter. You can get reasonably-priced ones, and you will then be able to monitor your cells properly. When you get one, make sure you test it for accuracy against a professional-grade one like a Fluke, as even a 0.1v difference is quite a lot when you are dealing with Li-Ions.

Re the other question above concerning sapphire lenses, I asked Jonathan about this some time ago, and he said they are very tough and he's never heard of one that size breaking, so you may decide you don't need a spare.

Kier

Newly Enlightened
I would however very strongly recommend you should get a multimeter. You can get reasonably-priced ones, and you will then be able to monitor your cells properly. When you get one, make sure you test it for accuracy against a professional-grade one like a Fluke, as even a 0.1v difference is quite a lot when you are dealing with Li-Ions.

Ok.. well damn. I guess a DMM should be part of one of the packages ;)

Could you recommend any to me? Flukes seem to go for 100+ and I don't know anyone with a fluke so I can't exactly test the accuracy.

DM51

Flashaholic
You'll probably get plenty of suggestions, and I think this is one time when I would not order online but actually go into a good electronic retail store and do a comparison. If you take some batts in with you, you would be able to test different ones, maybe including a Fluke, but you don't have to spend $$$00s to get something reasonable which does what you want it to do.

quantile

Newly Enlightened
:paypal: for

Drake Standard Titanium Package (AlTiN) with 350 mA CC driver
intl. shipping

total USD 282.65

Looking forward to this one.

Marcus

Mr. Hubert

Newly Enlightened
Can anyone tell me where the 10280 batteries are made? Or for that matter, the AAA Nano charger? It might sound like a strange question, but I generally try to avoid Chinese made goods these days and just wanted to check before I placed an order.

jlomein

Enlightened
paypal sent for:

$155 Chrome Drake Package
$10 green tritium
$11 shipping
=$176

Note I sent $139.52 to the standard payment email, and $37.94 ($36.48 + 4%) to the credit card payment email.

Please mark the package with a value of $16US if possible.

hivoltage

Enlightened
I think a comparison and the differences of the 2 lights would be nice right here. I just do not have the time to read through all the threads. I want to order 1 of these, just not sure which one. Maybe pictures of the 2 side by side?

Last edited:

chellyc

Enlightened
Hi Jonathan,

:paypal: for Premium Ti package. Forgot to put comment -- sorry!

- AlTin coating
- Ice Blue trit

Many thanks!

Chelly

Last edited:

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
:rock: You know I can't resist the Drake!

:paypal:

PP Amount: $585
PP Subject: Drake Payment
PP Note: CPF Handle = jch79
~~~ Order List ~~~
1x Ti Drake Combo Premium Package [AlTiN] ... $580
Standard US Shipping ... $5.00
Note: Ice Blue Trit :cool:

Thanks,
john

DFiorentino

Flashlight Enthusiast
DFiorentino: For your case you need to order a Drake battery tube, and a XRE LE (not listed), and turbo head upgrade (reflector modification). All in all it should be ~$30 cheaper than if you purchase the entire set.

Okie Dokie. I thought it would be easier to mod the Luxeon turbohead for a Seoul, but whatever. :p All I need is for you to tell me what and when to pay and when to send my turbohead to you. :D

-DF

paxxus

Enlightened
Draco AlTiN/TiCN are currently shipping. All others are on build queue.

flupicv1userguidekv9.jpg

Draco's FluPIC v1 User Manual

flupicv2userguideip5.jpg

Draco/Drake's FluPIC v2 User Manual
So, which is it?
Also, I didn't see emitter selection in the options... I guess they're all Cree right?

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast
A post ordering a Drake stated they wanted a 350ma CC driver. Is that a different driver than the FluPic? What is the drive current of the FluPic for the Drake? I think I have the emitters figured out, maybe? Drake or Draco, Chrome or Titanium, they come with a Cree and all Turbo heads come with an SSC P4. Is this all correct? If anyone knows an option that is not listed here in the first post or in the first post of the info thread (like that driver), please chime in! :) I haven`t been keeping up and there are a so many links and threads to read about these lights. :ohgeez:

Jonathan, I picked up a Chrome Draco from the Shoppe and I LOVE it! :D Now I know why everyone was so excited about this light! I`d say you hit one out of the park! :twothumbs Can`t wait to check out the mini Drake and the Turbo Head! :naughty:

Thank you,
Ken

*** EDIT *** Now I see the Constant Current Regulation Driver! Doesn`t mention being able to choose drive levels though. But I may find that in a minute too! Ooops! ;)

Last edited:

quantile

Newly Enlightened
A post ordering a Drake stated they wanted a 350ma CC driver. Is that a different driver than the FluPic? [...]

That was me. I have a Draco from the first run with a FluPIC driver and want my Drake to have the simplest UI imaginable, on and off. 350 mA should be plenty in terms of brightness, even with that tiny 10180 battery (which might end up delivering less than 350 mA to the LED after the inital voltage drop).

Marcus

dom

Enlightened
Hi Jonathan
I would like the Prem Ti Draco AlTin with lanyard hole
Has it got the FluPIC v2 & Cree?
If the turbo heads aren't done yet will you send the Draco separately?
I will also order a Drake a few days later -perhaps the head can be sent with that when you finish?

Thanks
Dom

jefft

Enlightened
Jonathan, PayPal sent for (1) Drake Standard Titanium Package. Time to buy another car to rationalize a new keychain light.:whistle:

acourvil

Enlightened
Ordered 1 Ti Draco Premium Package, paid via PayPal
Included my email in PP comment, but forgot to put in my CF name, acourvil
Would like TiCn, Ice Blue Trit
Thanks!

Harald

Banned
Can I order a Ti Drake with your simplified UI (on-off) 350mA constant-current?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts