Droid 58 Carabiner and Carabineer Chain sales thread is <<OPEN>>

Makora7

Newly Enlightened
Re: Droid 58 Carabiner and Carabineer Chain sales thread

Just sent you a mail for 2x Droid58's without chain. Let me know if there are still any left so I can proceed with payment.

Makora7

Newly Enlightened

I've sent you a mail for 2 of your Carabiners (without chain). Please let me know if there are any left so I can proceed with payment.

Nutdip

Newly Enlightened

Just got my biner and chain Dave. I'm running it with my Sunwayman until my Mac's arrives. Here's a horrible iphone picture:
photo.png

Love it. Thank you for the quick shipment.

V

Nutdip

Newly Enlightened

Anyone know how to change the o rings? I have some jewelers tools and I'm assuming you push the little pin that lives in the lock release out? I don't have a jewelers loop, so I can't tell if it is threaded or not.

I couldn't find anything about it on google.

Nutdip

Newly Enlightened

Looks really good.
But I need to stop looking at them, else my pocket is going to hurt.
:)
Do eeeeeeeeet! :)
But I must forewarn you, the "fiddle factor" is strong with this one:
droid58%20final.jpg

I can't stop playing with it.

Last edited:

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast

Use a very fine needle to push in on the pin (no threads). Do not let it fly or get away. It holds the lock release just like a watch holds a band. In fact it is a watch band retaining clip.

Great pic nutdip!

Cheers
Dave

Nutdip

Newly Enlightened

Use a very fine needle to push in on the pin (no threads). Do not let it fly or get away. It holds the lock release just like a watch holds a band. In fact it is a watch band retaining clip.

Great pic nutdip!

Cheers
Dave
Worked like a charm! I'll do a quick recap since I found it difficult to find a how to. I just took a few pics as I went:

(Dave is nice enough to include extra o rings with your carabiner. I got little red ones. If you wish to change them... here is how:)

A.) Use a dishtowel or something as a catch in case the tiny pin comes out! It could bounce into infinity on a hard surface.

Step one: Take a 0.9 size punch (or smaller) and push in on either side's pin hole in the locking bar while twisting the bar slightly to move it aside. It is a tiny, sprung unit just like a watch band pin. You can see the little 0.9 punch in the picture. I got mine in an Iphone tool kit that I bought. (Tools for changing the back cover, your battery, etc.)
d2-S.jpg

Huge version: http://cornfed.smugmug.com/Family/2013-photos/i-bJt5xbT/0/O/d2.jpg

Step two:
Carefully pull off the old o rings using a tiny flat head screwdriver. Once both o rings are off, the little pin can go on it's merry way if you're not careful. Then, while holding the pin in... place the new o rings over all three holding posts and the pin. You'll have to use your little screw driver to pull the o ring aside so that you can slip the pin in. Then, one side at a time, put the locking bar back on by holding down the sprung portion of the pin with your tiny flat head screwdriver and moving the bar hole over the pin.
d1-S.jpg

Huge pic: http://cornfed.smugmug.com/Family/2013-photos/i-pmFNgVr/0/O/d1.jpg

Step 3: Gawk at your newly colorful creation. :)
d3-S.jpg

Huge pic: http://cornfed.smugmug.com/Family/2013-photos/i-g4zh8Lk/0/O/d3.jpg

I don't have a fancy camera. Best I could do with my Iphone. Hope you like,

Have a killer weekend.
--------------------------------------------
Search terms: How to change the o rings on a droid 58 carabiner. How do I change the O rings on the droid carabiner?

Last edited:

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast

I want to note that the little clip in Nutdip's last picture does not come with my chain.

It is very nice, where do we get them?

Cheers
Dave

Garbage85

Newly Enlightened

Are the Driod and chain set still available? if so ill take a set, where do i send the paypal?

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast

The Droid is out of stock. Please check back at a later time or subscribe to this thread for updates.

Cheers
Dave

lefteye219

Enlightened

Hi Dave, any chance this would be ready during the PF20 meet? I can save myself the shipping costs :D Any how I am watching this thread closely as I know what i wanna purchase next:popcorn:

Last edited: