Durability of Fenix E01

Dole

Newly Enlightened
I thought I had lost my Fenix E01 which I keep on a clip with my keys but later tonight I retraced my steps and found it in the middle of the road next to where I park my car. I don't know how many times it was run over but it seems to have fared well.

flashlights009.jpg

Also, I was rather upset about losing it, so in my misery I came up with an idea that might help lost lights get back to their owners. I think it would be a good idea to always have a little piece of paper rolled up inside the battery tube with your name and number and maybe a hint of a reward!!

Just a thought, I think I'll do it. It's worth it if someone is honest and gives you a call.

zipplet

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's a good idea and it has been mentioned here before, but I haven't done it myself. It doubles as a nice way to remove some battery rattle in lights that rattle a little too!

The E01 is very tough, one has been on my keyring for over a year and has lost a lot of it's anodising but still works as well as the first day I got it. I don't think I'd trust any other light on my keyring. It's also cheap to replace if it does break.

TONY M

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine didn't get scratched up as badly as some do even though I EDC'ed it with my keys for nearly a year before I lost it.

nakahoshi, the head of yours has taken quite a beating I see! What did you do to it, run it over with a lawn mower?..
icon10.gif

nakahoshi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine didn't get scratched up as badly as some do even though I EDC'ed it with my keys for nearly a year before I lost it.

nakahoshi, the head of yours has taken quite a beating I see! What did you do to it, run it over with a lawn mower?..
icon10.gif
The E01 has been on my work keys for a couple years and they get thrown around all the time. I think Ive only changed the battery a couple times, never ever had any problems with it. Its really a bomb proof design. :thumbsup:

-Bobby

Ilikeshinythings

Enlightened
I really do like my E01. It's one of the cheapest lights i've ever bought and the thing just keeps on going and going and going. I use it every night when I walk to my car in the pitch black. I have changed the battery MAYBE twice in about a year. What a bargain!!

tritan

Newly Enlightened
How does this compare to the microstream from streamlight? I am in the market for a lightweight backpacking flashlight? I would like to have a clip to use as a headlamp on my hat.

STR66318.jpg

tritan

Newly Enlightened
You can get them at DealExtreme for $11.82 or you can order from 4sevens for $15

Both have free shipping

there are alots of fenix sites when I search what is the best . Can some one send me a link ? which site is manufacture to browse?

tritan

Newly Enlightened
that MC10 90 angle light looks great for backpacking. use on your belt, candle lantern in the tent, clip to hat or strap wow. Sorry to hijack the thread that is all for now.lovecpf

tnforever

Newly Enlightened
I've had the E01 for about 8 months now and although at first I didn't like the crappy tint, it proved to be a good little keychain light, there for when I dont need a lot of light, and as something that i KNOW will always work.

That said, I wish the next keychain AAA light from Fenix will have an LED with a better tint, I'd rather sacrifice some runtime for something with better tint. The purple oval shape still annoys the hell outta me...

Anyone know what could be good alternative emitters? XP-C? some other 5mm that has a more uniformly-colored beam?

chaosmagnet

Newly Enlightened

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
How does this compare to the microstream from streamlight? I am in the market for a lightweight backpacking flashlight? I would like to have a clip to use as a headlamp on my hat.

STR66318.jpg

I run the Microstream as my edc,love it to bits,bright enough for most situations and battery lasts for ages.I run mine on recharge type that work straight out of the packet,just top up the charge once a month and keep a spare in the car,never used it yet.

zipplet

Flashlight Enthusiast
I own both an E01 and microstream. I'd say the E01 is definately tougher - the microstream is only HAII and it has a plastic window. I do really like both lights, and the microstream stays with me all day at work in my trouser pocket for peering inside computers and such.