• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

E14vn - 18350 Copper EDC

joesuburb

Newly Enlightened
I have a stock E14 with Nichia. Wonderful little light. My opinion is that it looks bad with the 18650 tube (I have one).

If I were to go with the light, I wouldn't do the Nichia again. The battery just doesn't last long enough with those LEDs and 18350s.

By the way the KeepPower 900mah 18350 doesn't really fit. Tried it. I'm using AW800Mah batteries.

I'm thinking about buying one of Vinh's just because I love the petina on my copper WormVN since he polished it. Its freaking awesome.

Tacitus

Enlightened
I have a stock E14 with Nichia. Wonderful little light. My opinion is that it looks bad with the 18650 tube (I have one).

If I were to go with the light, I wouldn't do the Nichia again. The battery just doesn't last long enough with those LEDs and 18350s.

By the way the KeepPower 900mah 18350 doesn't really fit. Tried it. I'm using AW800Mah batteries.

I'm thinking about buying one of Vinh's just because I love the petina on my copper WormVN since he polished it. Its freaking awesome.

Interesting information, thanks for sharing! :thanks:

wesinator

Newly Enlightened
How is it that the spec 4 version only emmits 1200 lumens? I would expect at least twice that. I've heard that the stock version will drive the nichia 219bs at around 9 amps at the tail cap with a proper high drain 18650. Why is your driver driving them so low, that pretty much defeats the purpose of the superior heat sinking.

Toolboxkid

Enlightened
Really loving the nichia version. Works properly with the keeppower 18350's I have or any of my 16340's. Runtime is what you would expect from any high output light that uses this type of cell. Great value for the money and the 18650 tube is a nice option also.

defbear

Newly Enlightened
I received my E14vn with 219c's yesterday. It puts out a big wall of Daylight. No real center hotspot. But it does have a bit of throw. It lights up all the trees and cars two blocks away. I had Vinh polish the copper. Just georgeous. Fits in my Nitecore EC11 holster.