E2E/E2O Bezel Modification

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Re: E2E/E2O Bezel Modification-UBH Update

Ray,

The spring on the LA can be bent out a bit. That is to say the diameter of the coil increased so that the tail of the spring contacts the lip of the tube. This should take care of the problem. One could also take some sandpaper and remove the HA from the very edge of the inside of the lip of the UBH and this would also allow for the ground path. Ha actually penetrates the aluminum by about 1 to 2 thousandths of an inch so even when the metal gets shiny, a little more may need to be removed.

- Don

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: E2E/E2O Bezel Modification-Pricing Info Added

Thanks Nas. I have an E2 rather than an E2e. Anyone know if this modified E2e bezel (or any E2e bezel) will fit on my E2, or will I need to buy an E2e to get it to work?

thanks!

Joe

brightnorm

Flashaholic

[ QUOTE ]
this_is_nascar said:
Please Read: I have discovered an issue which is causing the MOD to not reliably function in the UBH. It's some characteristic of the UBH, since I've tested these in numerous E2E/E2O/E2 bodies. I am guessing it has something to do with the interior of the UBH tube being coated with the HA-III. If you picture the composition of the P61/P91 LA, the exterior spring needs to provide flow to the tube. By nature of the MOD design, this exterior trimmed-down spring actually seats in the interior of the tube. This is fine on the SureFire lights, since it's not coated, however it appears (this is a guess) the HA is keeping the current from flowing or ground not being provided. I don't know crap about electronics, so I relying on the little I do know. I'm not aware of any method of scaping off some of the HA from the inner-tube to fully prove this theory. I'm open for suggestions.

All this being said, put these MODS on the UBH at your own risk. This holds true for both the P61 and P91 MOD. They will sporatically work if the bezel is not screwed down all the way. At this point, I'm recommending you only order the P61 MOD to be placed on the SureFire E2/E2E/E2O only.

I will cross-post this same information in the B/S/T forum as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

NOTE: P91/E2E in 3x123 UBH CAN BE MADE TO WORK RELIABLY[/b]

I have gotten the P91/E2E to work reliably in my UBH 3x123
by carefully filing down the interior HAIII to at least 1 quarter inch or more from the opening. I suggest more than 1/4". Make sure that you thoroughly remove the anodyse. I used a round file and felt a somewhat exasperated admiration for its toughness.

Brightnorm

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ray,
Are you still willing to perform the mod on bezels that we supply you?
Thanks

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm sending me E2E bezel to ray, and do I simpy purchase a new lamp for this light and I'm confused as to which lamp is it, or is it simply the P61 which comes as an integrated lamp, reflector and spring. Then do I simply insert the new lamp into the modified reflector from Ray? Or do I buy the lamp only mn10 and is that the same lamp that goes into the P61, so you see i'm confused.

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast

Keith,

After Ray modifies the E2e head, it can be used with a P61 and the E2e body or with a P91 and a 3-cell body. You can send him a P61 or P91 to be modified so that it will fit in the modified bezel, or you can ask him to furnish one and modify it.

When I asked him to do mine I sent him my existing bezel, which he modified for me. He already had a P61 lamp assembly. He removed the lamp from the reflector, trimmed the spring just right, provided a spacer for proper focus, and put that in the bezel for me. I think he did some other magic too, but I'm not sure what it was. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm sure you can arrange to do whatever part of it you want for yourself. Just PM him.

Paul

FlashlightOCD

Enlightened

I just got a TK E2+ P61 from this_is_nascar yesterday.

Very impressive output [almost unreal for the size]. The modded bezel is slightly larger than orginal and the slight gap in the bezel is covered with an O-Ring. That O-Ring is a nice touch, it keeps the appearance professional. Job well done!

Thanks Ray!

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic

For those of you which have ordered this over the last several days, they will not be shipping until Saturday. My business trip was extended and I won't be getting home until the end of the week. I appologize for not contacting you directly, but I have limited access and don't recall the 3 or 4 folks who have outstanding orders.

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nascar,

I hope I'm posting this in the right place.

I'm not sure if you are familiar with "Pila," but they are a company that sells, among other things, a rechargeable conversion kit for the Surefire 6P.

It includes a Li-ion rechargeable battery (3.6v, 1400mAH), charger and 3.7 volt lamp (that they say puts out 80 lumens). The 3.7 volt Pila lamp is supposed to be a direct replacement for the Surefire 6v lamps. It's just designed to work with their one rechargeable that replaces two 123's.

My question is this. Can you do the modification that is the subject of this thread using the Pila lamp? It seems that this mod would afford a brighter light, than stock; the use of a single rechargeable Li-ion battery, decent runtime (I think that they claim 40 or 50 minutes at 80 lumens) and probably a longer runtime before thermal shutdown. And all of this without lengthening the E2e.

If it can be done, let me know. I'm about to get the conversion kit to use with a C2 head and E2c, but It's really gonna make the light less EDC friendly.

Raoul_Duke

Enlightened

Can this mod be done with the E2D Bezzle?

Ideally i'd like the bezzel endcap to screw down all the way without the External O-ring on the Bezzle.

Does the Dommed Lense Help the P61 Internaly, I hear that the lense is domed internaly aswell( concave) but i haven't taken mine apart to Check.