EAGLETAC G25C2: one question about turbo

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
i would consider Klarus XT11 or zebralight SC600 or Thrunite TN12!!

I dont know about the Thrunite or the Klarus, and I'd bet they are both good lights, but although I own and like the Zebralight SC600, I think it's at least a little over-rated. It is bright on its highest setting, I'll give it that, but I dont see it as a tactical light.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
I dont know about the Thrunite or the Klarus, and I'd bet they are both good lights, but although I own and like the Zebralight SC600, I think it's at least a little over-rated. It is bright on its highest setting, I'll give it that, but I dont see it as a tactical light.

LOL

Who considers the SC600 to BE a tactical light?

He's talking about trekking through a rain forest/jungle environment w/o stepping on snakes/being eaten by jaguars, etc.

:D

So far, in the various threads, tactical use is the ONE thing he DIDN'T specify wanting.

So far, its, close up work using a machete to hack through thick brush (close quarters flood lighting being best here...), ranging up to being able to look into the arboreal canopy. (Floody throw being best here...)

Adriano

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone have experience in buying original Panasonic batteries from China? On ebay they cost very less than in every other store. The seller has a good score. On their site there is "NEW TWO original Panasonic 18650" and they both cost US $21.99. Will they be reliable batteries?

Adriano

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for your precious news.
I'm buying EAGLETAC G25C2 and battery. Why some people here tell me I cannot use AW 3100mAh? The tell AW cells are flat top and do not work reliably in the G25C2 and I have to buy batteries with a botton. Why does someone tell me it? I feel dazed and I don't know what I have to buy. Other EAGLETAC G25C2 users are using flat batteries?

Fitz

Flashlight Enthusiast
No problems using AW 3100 batteries in mine, they work just fine.

LostCove NC

Newly Enlightened
Having two springs can lead to excessive battery movement and damage. There's a reason Eagletac designed the G25 the way they did.

The reason Eagletac uses thermal protection is because they drive their LEDs hard and don't want them to overheat. If a comparable light is not using thermal step-down, then they are either underdriving their light, or risking LED damage with extended use. If you want max output in a smallish light, then thermal step-down is a must.

The Engineer

Newly Enlightened
Today i tested the G25 with 2x eagletac 16430 750mAh and 1x Eagletac 18650 3100mAh
Luxmeter says no difference in Brightness