Eagletac GX25A3

MojaveMoon07

Enlightened
Yes, the ea4 diffuser fits ok on the GX25A3 cool white, I got this set up on mine and fits great IMO, no so tight no so loose. Stay on even if I shake or turn down the flashlight. I will get the olight M21 for my soon to have neutral white reviews indicate that is better quality diffuser than the ea4 one.

You are talking about the Nitecore NFD40 diffuser ?

WildLight

Newly Enlightened
You are talking about the Nitecore NFD40 diffuser ?

Yes, the one for the Nitecore EA4 BUT I wanna report that tonight I went hiking and after 10 minutes of use this diffuser fall apart, the lens just fall from the rubber base...bad bad quality. I managed to put it together again but it was my first time using this diffuser. I will get the Olight M21 diffuser that reviews indicate is better quality.

Also, tonight I noticed 2 things about this flashlight.

1) The lanyard quick attachment clip is too big for the GX25A3, because the GX25A3 is a little chubby flashlight the clip gets on your way when you are grabbing the flashlight, kind of uncomfortable, also when using the lanyard is kind of hard to fits the flashlight inside the holster.

2) Maybe is because of the size of my hands but I found the tailcap with rear switch a little hard to press, is easier for me using the index finger than the thumb to press the rear switch. Maybe I need to get use to or maybe I will just chance to the flat tailcap and use the front switch.

Other than that let me tell you that this flashlight is fantastic...excellent thrower, it was just a 1 hour night hike but I got impress with the power. However a better test will be this weekend when I use this flashlight at north in a 3 days canoeing trip where is not electricity at all. Can't wait.

joosfilip

Newly Enlightened
Hello dear friends,

I've recently bought this great flashlight, however after about one week I am noticing a strange behavior. I would like to use the opportunity to ask about it here. Let's start with a description:

I am using the flashlight in the tactical mode, with a predefined 3rd setting on strobe. The plan is to use it in emergency encounters if needed. I have installed the tactical cap switch and inside there are new GP batteries which came together with the flashlight. I use it in the EDC way, in the pocket of my trousers.

Now to the problem. I have noticed that after a while the flashlight switches itself back to normal mode. That means that the 3rd setting doesn't provide strobe function, but 0,5% power. I find that very uncomfortable. You can imagine what could have happened in the crisis situation, waiting for the strobe and this would come out!

I was observing the flashlight during my normal workday in the office. That means normal walking to the car, sitting in the office and some casual walking during the day. I checked the flashlight 5 times during the day (approximately each hour) at the company toilet (don't laugh, I just didn't want to scare fellow colleagues :D ). The first four checks were OK with strobe. However the fifth one was switched to the normal mode already. During that I didn't do anything special, no moves, no running, falling, nothing.

As I was trying the cap switch at home, I have noticed that it depends on how I push the button. If I push it in the outer region and not so hard, the flashlight switches on with medium light at first and then in less than a second, it starts to strobe. If I push it hard in the center, the strobe starts at once. I have also noticed, that the tactical mode changed to the normal mode at the beginning as I changed the normal cap for the tactical cap.

These are all the information I can provide to you. I have contacted both the manufacturer and the seller with the same question. I would kindly like to ask you all if you experienced the same problems or if you may have any possible solution. Thank you very much in advance!