Eagletac Reliability?

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would like to argue but I'm not even sure how to begin? I can't tell if you're serious or just really don't like these companies.

But that's probably not relevant to this thread. Regarding Eagletac, is your entire basis for their reliability based on their website or actually owning them?

Edit** Their website is actually kind of funny. They didn't even try lol

When you have the data, there really isn't an argument. Im happy to supply the facts to anyone who PM's me, strangely, know one has ever been interested enough to do so. I was both at one time a Nitecore & SF fan. Theres nothing to admire anymore. Regarding EagleTac, is stealing a be all end all of reliability? Of course not, I just really don't care for companies that steal and refuse to support them and don't really understand why people do? Im derailing here so I suppose we can agree on EagleTacs website is a joke and we'll leave it at that. Feel free to PM me but Im uninterested in this threads topic so I suppose stopping buy wasn't the most on topic thing to do. All done here, sorry for the incidental OT.

You have permission from me (thread creator) to argue. haha

Nah.... Im am OT and thats not cool, plus no one has posed a counter argument with anything but their perception. Im happy to continue via PM and supply the facts.

Last edited:

Lantern32

Enlightened
When you have the data, there really isn't an argument. Im happy to supply the facts to anyone who PM's me, strangely, know one has ever been interested enough to do so. I was both at one time a Nitecore & SF fan. Theres nothing to admire anymore. Regarding EagleTac, is stealing a be all end all of reliability? Of course not, I just really don't care for companies that steal and refuse to support them and don't really understand why people do? Im derailing here so I suppose we can agree on EagleTacs website is a joke and we'll leave it at that. Feel free to PM me but Im uninterested in this threads topic so I suppose stopping buy wasn't the most on topic thing to do. All done here, sorry for the incidental OT.

Nah.... Im am OT and thats not cool, plus no one has posed a counter argument with anything but their perception. Im happy to continue via PM and supply the facts.
Okay, so tell me what your preferred light brand is? Also, post the facts here! Why not let everyone see! You want me to pm you so there is less of a chance of people getting mad?

Lantern32

Enlightened
Custom M2X-UT! These pictures make the light look brighter than it really is, but you get the point!
image_zpspmgxgfsq.jpg

image_zpsj3hpujps.jpg

WarRaven

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like my stock dedome thank you ☺
Reality is, can't afford Vin's.
Though I'm OK with stock.
Great pics again Lantern.

Lantern32

Enlightened
I like my stock dedome thank you [emoji5]
Reality is, can't afford Vin's.
Though I'm OK with stock.
Great pics again Lantern.

Well you have a completely different light than me, right? Stock is great. I love the tint though! And the thermal compound, and the switch mod, and the tail cap cover, and the heat sink mod. lol!

swan

Banned
I have no idea of the tint. It's a xpg2, with a cool tint. Not that cool though because it has been de-domed.
I have upgraded one of mine to a dedomed XPG2 S3 1C on a fat copper 32mm noctigon star and run 2 x imr 18350,s for 300kcd and i love it. Very nice example you have there.

ForrestChump

Flashlight Enthusiast
I own several Lights and love my older Surefire lights. I have several Eagtac lights as well, and my Vinh modded Titanium D25C's are one of my primary EDC's. However, Nitecore has been producing some really excellent products recently and I am finding myself reaching for my Nitecore MH20 or EC11 over my Eagtacs and Surefire lately. I really like using an 18350 or taking the Nitecore EC20 body, a good 18650 cell and the EC11 Head. Now I have 960 Lumens with 18650 runtimes. That's the kind of garbage I can really get into.

Ladies and Gentlmen please take note. This is how you stick it to someone in an articulate, funny and classy way. Here is a worthy adversary. Well done Sir.

Edit** Their website is actually kind of funny. They didn't even try lol

Theres one thing we can agree on. :nana:

Please ForrestChump reveal your facts or data.

The requirement is PM as I am OT.

Okay, so tell me what your preferred light brand is? Also, post the facts here! Why not let everyone see! You want me to pm you so there is less of a chance of people getting mad?

You completely figured me out. I have never posted anything with the risk of upsetting people because it's true. I have an exemplary record of agreeing with everyone, all the time, even if I have to lie, to protect peoples feelings. Obviously you don't read my posts.

Plagiarism is when you copy someone else's work WORD FOR WORD!

n-i-t-e-c-o-r-e.....Google it again. It took 8 years of data to learn what I have read and is currently plastered all over the front of the forum in regards to nitecore. Also, You see that little "c" with a circle around it on the bottom of webpages? Thats called "copywrite". Somehow EagleTac has magically copywritten what was once Apples. Thats quite an achievement. Also, Plagiarism is defined as "taking someones work or ideas and passing them off an their own." Some synonyms are "theft" and "copywrite infringement." Go figure? I must have gotten real lucky as apparently you think Im lying with an interest in ruining your thread....... :rolleyes: If you can't find the definition of Plagiarism with Google that may be the reason you are having trouble with the nitecore thing.

I have nothing more "to post here so everyone can see!!!" Clearly Im outmatched by your rebuttals. You win.

No Nitecore problems.......:crackup:

Last edited:

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Eagletac Reliability? I have had no problems with my SX25L3. I EDCed it for two months, because I like to carry a big light. It always does what it is supposed to do, and never does what it is not supposed to do, if the contact surfaces are kept clean.

Currently, I am carrying a larger light, but when that gets tiresome, the SX25L3 will be ready to do its job.
[h=2][/h]

Lantern32

Enlightened
Ladies and Gentlmen please take note. This is how you stick it to someone in an articulate, funny and classy way. Here is a worthy adversary. Well done Sir.

Theres one thing we can agree on. :nana:

The requirement is PM as I am OT.

You completely figured me out. I have never posted anything with the risk of upsetting people because it's true. I have an exemplary record of agreeing with everyone, all the time, even if I have to lie, to protect peoples feelings. Obviously you don't read my posts.

n-i-t-e-c-o-r-e.....Google it again. It took 8 years of data to learn what I have read and is currently plastered all over the front of the forum in regards to nitecore. Also, You see that little "c" with a circle around it on the bottom of webpages? Thats called "copywrite". Somehow EagleTac has magically copywritten what was once Apples. Thats quite an achievement. Also, Plagiarism is defined as "taking someones work or ideas and passing them off an their own." Some synonyms are "theft" and "copywrite infringement." Go figure? I must have gotten real lucky as apparently you think Im lying with an interest in ruining your thread....... :rolleyes: If you can't find the definition of Plagiarism with Google that may be the reason you are having trouble with the nitecore thing.

I have nothing more "to post here so everyone can see!!!" Clearly Im outmatched by your rebuttals. You win.

No Nitecore problems.......:crackup:

You heard me, no Nitecore problems! Yeah, and I'm not lying! Go ask other people, I'm sure they will tell you the same thing. You are not a flashaholic if you don't like any flashlight companies. Eagletac didn't steal apples website, so they were allowed to copy write it.
You don't post any facts, then I don't believe you. It's your choice. I have no idea what OT means either.

Lantern32

Enlightened
Eagletac Reliability? I have had no problems with my SX25L3. I EDCed it for two months, because I like to carry a big light. It always does what it is supposed to do, and never does what it is not supposed to do, if the contact surfaces are kept clean.

Currently, I am carrying a larger light, but when that gets tiresome, the SX25L3 will be ready to do its job.
[h=2][/h]

Sounds awesome!

Lantern32

Enlightened
I have upgraded one of mine to a dedomed XPG2 S3 1C on a fat copper 32mm noctigon star and run 2 x imr 18350,s for 300kcd and i love it. Very nice example you have there.
Wow! Could you make me one of those? LOL! You can buy some high discharge Sony VTC5 batteries from Vinh for 10 bucks each. What's your IMR of preference? AW has recently released some new ones

Snipe315

Newly Enlightened
Nice! Do you think the quality of Eagletac is a step above Fenix? Fenix does use plastic reflectors, and Eagletac uses metal ones.

I've had several Fenix lights including a TK25 and LD10. They were okay overall but the LD10 started malfunctioning and couldn't be trusted so it stopped being my EDC light. The Eagletac D25a Click that replaced it has been awesome so far. I also have an older Quark AA which is still a very good light. But the D25a Clicky is so much smaller and easier to EDC, that the Quark sits home these days.

Vortus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Eagletac is likely my favorite overseas light manufacturer. They are always current with the newer LED's. Well built and have backed their lights well. Last one I bought was a first or second gen D25A Ti, im no longer sure. Have few other bigger ones as well. Our most used single 18650 light is my wifes two T20C2's. One with the UV module, other with an older HO XML. She's worn through the switch cover on both due to use, not abuse. Had to have a switch replaced once on a T10L and a T20C2, and ordered extra boots. But, to my mind switches and covers are wear items. With the ET twisty lights, the key is maintenance. Can be used fine whenever and wherever. But make sure when done (depending on use and environment is how often needs done) that you clean them up. If you have an issue, most times its either the threads are dirty, or the switch needs tightened up. As to why I have not bought others, no need to, the old ones are still working.

All the top tier over-sea's manufactures seem to make some great lights anymore.

As to the website, as sue happy as Apple is over what they deem is theirs, if they had an issue with it, it would be known and ET would have changed the site. They have not, so its legit in my eyes. Hell, Apple (or whoever did Apple's) may have helped design the thing for all we know.

lightfooted

Flashlight Enthusiast
I LOVE my Eagletac! When I have some spare cash laying around I intend to purchase one of the newer, smaller ones as well. Likely one of the P25s. My P20C2 Mk II has been my daily carry for almost a year now (maybe longer), no problems. I've even accidentally left it on for several minutes with nothing more than a very warm pocket!

As to the whole website thing...well I'm sure to some eyes they appear to be the same, both Apple's and Eagle Tac's, but not to me. As is the case with most things Apple, for some reason (often either because they say so or imply it) people believe that if they did it, they were the first to do it. That is often not the case but don't try to argue facts with the minions.

Last edited:

Lantern32

Enlightened
I LOVE my Eagletac! When I have some spare cash laying around I intend to purchase one of the newer, smaller ones as well. Likely one of the P25s. My P20C2 Mk II has been my daily carry for almost a year now (maybe longer), no problems. I've even accidentally left it on for several minutes with nothing more than a very warm pocket!

As to the whole website thing...well I'm sure to some eyes they appear to be the same, both Apple's and Eagle Tac's, but not to me. As is the case with most things Apple, for some reason (often either because they say so or imply it) people believe that if they did it, they were the first to do it. That is often not the case but don't try to argue facts with the minions.

Do you have an eagletac EDC? What is the head diameter of it? I noticed that it's roughly 1.25 inches for the model I like. Do you think that's too big for an EDC? Would you put eagletac in the same quality range as McGizmo?

lightfooted

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do. My P20C2 is just a hair or three over one inch through the head. Too big for EDC? Not at all...it's almost perfect in my opinion. As for being comparable to a McGizmo...I have no idea since I have neither owned or even seen a McGizmo in person. It has however, replaced my original Surefire 6P.