EDC - Watch

fluorescent

Enlightened
gorlank, its from a limited run.. aqua splash colored Aleph1 head with 1x123 body & McE2S tailswitch with 15ohm resistor

aqua-black-set.jpg

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got in on the 99 dollar special on the marathon tritium watch at countycomm about 6 months or so ago. I literally beat the living sh*t out of this watch and it doesn't die. I work in the construction field so this watch sees heavy abuse. I'm about to go buy another band for it since my dog got hold of the watch and chewed the band up good. The acrylic face is scratched good but polishes nicely and I'd have crushed anything glass a dozen times by now. Nice watch that loves abuse.

gorlank

Enlightened
Thanks for the great pic fluorescent. I just broke out in "I want one" goosebumps!

Minjin

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
lingpau said:
Hi Minjin ! Sweet watch! I love your Citizen eco drive watch. You have a watch that actually is fantastic looking without dozens of gimmics and is easy to tell what time it is! Sometimes the manufactures forget what a watch is really supposed to do! I am having trouble locating the model number of your watch. I checked on ebay and didn't see any like yours. Any info is greatly appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's one for sale recently, but it looks like it might be sold:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/message?forumid=170229&messageid=1110214727

They weren't sold in the United States, so finding one isn't easy (and isn't often cheap). However, unlike Seiko, Citizen has a worldwide warranty so you don't need to worry about something going wrong and not being able to have it fixed (though I have yet to hear of any problems).

Mark

Scooterman

Newly Enlightened
Everyday work watch: Casio Solar FB-90W
Weekend watch: Citizen Solar Dive Watch
Hiking/Backpacking/Camping watch: Smith&Wesson (Luminox Cheapo Knock off)
And a couple others...
Scooterman

Filament

Newly Enlightened
Pretty much my only watch now is a Casio G-Shock Tough Solar. My criteria for a watch is it needed to be "self-sufficient", i.e. self-winding, kinetic quartz, etc. (so the battery doesn't die at an inopportune time), as well as tough (I only take it off to lift weights), waterproof (at lease 150m), and be accurate/stopwatch (for running). I had Seiko mechanicals for many years, but missed the features on an LCD. The G-shock solar pretty much has everything (except the dressy look of Seiko's), and was less than $75.

iddibhai

Enlightened
i know some of you here are like the fancy stuff... seen the video of the JLC gyrotourbillon? the video is worth a watch.

glenthemole

Newly Enlightened
Heres what my EDC has been for a couple of years:

watch1.jpg

Its a traser S3500.
Its nice and light being titanium, but the whole things a bit overkill for my needs; 200m water resistant, screwdown crown etc, though i do appreciate the tritium vials.

I'd like to get an inexpensive auto watch soon, a seiko 5 or similiar.

jtice

Flashaholic
Timax Ironman here, have had about 3 of them sence I was about 12. (25 now)

Great watches at a cheap price.

sotyakr

Enlightened
The St. Moritz SLK was a digital watch recommended by Outside (Magazine) Online's "Gear Guy" as a tough, reasonably priced digital. Titanium case, mineral crystal, available with a Kevlar band, available for under $100 online. Think I've found a new watch.

Cones

Enlightened
The Omega Seamaster GMT Co-Axial at the moment.

SM GMT.JPG

But sometimes this!!!

113_1363.JPG

A PRS2 Dreadnought one of only 200 ever to be made!

Mark

MrThompson

Newly Enlightened
While I detest any non-mechanical watch, the Suunto titanium X6HR is my daily driver. It's hard to beat the combination of comfort and function. Howard Marx's M16 takes a distant second.

Jayman

Newly Enlightened
Here's a couple of my Seiko's, which I just started collecting. Just got my Classic Diver today and it's my new favorite.
Wrist.jpg

blackmonster.jpg

Front.jpg

UnknownVT

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Jayman said: Here's a couple of my Seiko's

[/ QUOTE ]
I have a Seiko 5 which looks pretty similar - it's my only mechanical "back-up" watch.
Seiko5s.jpg

Mine was relatively inexpensive from a large chain departmental store.

I see yours says "Superior" - does that designate something a bit special?